PAC SOEM-4 LOC with remote turn on - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-02-2012, 08:21 PM   #1
Besbro
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102785
What I Drive: 2012, black SE Sport

FF Reputation: 1 Besbro Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
PAC SOEM-4 LOC with remote turn on

Hello, I recently installed a 2 channel amp and components in my 2012 Focus hatch with the 6 speaker factory system. I used the PAC SOEM-4 LOC with the remote turn on. Everything works and sounds great except when I walk out to my car and open a door (the car is not running, keys are not in the ignition) the amp turns on for about 30 seconds and then turns off again. No music plays but it just powers on. I wired up the 12v power off the loc to my amp 12v, I wired the local ground to my amp ground post(on the amp itself) and fed the remote line off the loc to the remote turn on post on the amp. Any ideas???
Thanks!

Old 12-02-2012, 09:30 PM   #2
Kipp
FocusFest Event Team

Fan#: 31300
What I Drive: 2013 F150 4x4 SCrew 5.0

FF Reputation: 9 Kipp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
alot of those LOC's that create their own turn-on tend to function weird. I've never used one that has actually provided a reliable turn-on output. I would suggest getting that from somewhere else in the car.
Midwest Crew #22
Official FocusFest Event Planner
Old 03-11-2013, 09:34 PM   #3
Pilot
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 106774
What I Drive: 2013 Ruby Red Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Pilot Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Besbro View Post
Hello, I recently installed a 2 channel amp and components in my 2012 Focus hatch with the 6 speaker factory system. I used the PAC SOEM-4 LOC with the remote turn on. Everything works and sounds great except when I walk out to my car and open a door (the car is not running, keys are not in the ignition) the amp turns on for about 30 seconds and then turns off again. No music plays but it just powers on. I wired up the 12v power off the loc to my amp 12v, I wired the local ground to my amp ground post(on the amp itself) and fed the remote line off the loc to the remote turn on post on the amp. Any ideas???
Thanks!
Hey guys and girls. I have the same problem with my 2013 fofo BUT I do not have a loc at all get this I open my doors and boom my brand new Pioneer GM-D8604 powers on with no sound just the obligitory speaker thump even with the head unit turned off what gives I called crutchfield and they sugested I install a PAC soem4 to fix the prob.
I used the speaker level inputs and installed RCA plugs for the amp side thing has one heck of a speaker thump when I start the car even with the head unit off bth I kept the stock head standard 6 speaker non sony unit.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:38 PM   #4
Kipp
FocusFest Event Team

Fan#: 31300
What I Drive: 2013 F150 4x4 SCrew 5.0

FF Reputation: 9 Kipp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
what is the remote turn on lead connected to? you're issue is that for whatever reason the amp is already on when it shouldn't be.
Midwest Crew #22
Official FocusFest Event Planner
Old 03-23-2013, 10:23 PM   #5
Pilot
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 106774
What I Drive: 2013 Ruby Red Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Pilot Good Standing Member
Hello Hello again, My pioneer amp is a new gen amp with auto turn on via RCA input.The silly trigger is hooked up to a switched 12 volt but according to crutchfield the trigger on this perticular amp is only needed if using more than one amp. It seems that this amp is not compatible with the 2013 fofo head unit as their is really no way to turn it off, the doors.hood and hatch sind a signal to the info system when they are opened and from their to the can data network acc, system on this unit. Personally this would have been a good thing to disclose at purchase of the amp, heck for that reason even at purchase of the fofo.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:20 AM   #6
I Bleed Ford Blue
Focus Addict

Fan#: 94113
What I Drive: 2013 F150 FX4

FF Reputation: 8 I Bleed Ford Blue Good Standing Member
Get an add-a-circuit fuse tap and pull power from your fuse panel using a circiut that only has power when ign is on. Run that to your amp turn on. This will solve your problem.
14 Dark Side Fusion SE 200A
L-CCC #18/HOIA #37

Bookmarks & Social Networks