Need help fast. - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-20-2012, 11:49 AM   #1
Marbs
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 49029
What I Drive: 2006 Red ZX3 SAP

FF Reputation: 4 Marbs Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Need help fast.

So few years ago I replaced the lower engine mount bushings for the poly ones. When putting it back in my buddy stripped it out a bit. We taped it and it seemed fine. Well here it is a few years later and the bolt wobbles loose and I have to tap it back in with a hammer. I tried to JB-Weld it to keep it from coming back out, but that band-aid isn't working. So I guess it's time to order the part. I put the part number into Fordparts.com and it says it can't find the part. I am going on a road trip next month and in order to take my car I'm gonna need this fixed(The Focus gets better gas mileage than the Jeep). Can someone tell me if the part number has been updated, or what my options are? Can I use a heli-coil? Should I load up in inside of the bolt with JB-Weld? Any help and advice is GREATLY appreciated.

This is the bolt. (you can see the JB-Weld not working.

Here's the part number.

I'd head into a dealership and ask, but that's a 25minute drive out of my way, and you guys are here and just as knowledgeable if not more knowledgeable.

2006 Focus ZX3 SAP, Draxas Header, FS Werks Flex pipe, MBRP exhaust, CAI, Tuned, Debaged, tinted windows, FRPP lowering kit, SVT 5-spoke wheels, Black Halo Projector Headlights, Niteshaded Side markers and tails, Mazda rear wiper, mustang antenna.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:36 PM   #2
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Purchase a new motor mount from a Ford dealer and you'll get a new bracket with it. If you have a poly mount, then you can simply use the new bracket. IIRC, the cost is like $75, maybe a little more. Only the Motocraft part will come with the bracket. You should be able to look all this up on the computer at the parts counter.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:08 PM   #3
Marbs
Focus Fanatic

So the lower mount comes with the bracket? I guess I'll have to take a trip to a stealership.
2006 Focus ZX3 SAP, Draxas Header, FS Werks Flex pipe, MBRP exhaust, CAI, Tuned, Debaged, tinted windows, FRPP lowering kit, SVT 5-spoke wheels, Black Halo Projector Headlights, Niteshaded Side markers and tails, Mazda rear wiper, mustang antenna.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:54 AM   #4
CopperMach
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 42945
What I Drive: 2002 Copper Mach Audio Focus ZTS

FF Reputation: 10 CopperMach Great Standing Member
Just looked this up on the parts computer at work.

The dogbone has superseded from 5s4z-6068-ba to 5s4z-6068-bc.
The mount has superseded from 5sz4-6e042-a to 8s4z-6e042-b (or 8s4z-6e042-a if trans is an auto)
The bolt is a w702801-s439.

The new mount should work with the old dogbone, but i stress "should." Hope that helps.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:28 PM   #5
Marbs
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperMach View Post
Just looked this up on the parts computer at work.

The dogbone has superseded from 5s4z-6068-ba to 5s4z-6068-bc.
The mount has superseded from 5sz4-6e042-a to 8s4z-6e042-b (or 8s4z-6e042-a if trans is an auto)
The bolt is a w702801-s439.

The new mount should work with the old dogbone, but i stress "should." Hope that helps.
THANKS! Now I can handle the rest.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:19 PM   #6
CopperMach
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 42945
What I Drive: 2002 Copper Mach Audio Focus ZTS

FF Reputation: 10 CopperMach Great Standing Member
Glad to help.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->