Whiring/Whining noise.. - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-10-2012, 05:39 PM   #1
MegaJoltSVT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94148
What I Drive: 2002 Sonic Blue SVT

FF Reputation: 1 MegaJoltSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Whiring/Whining noise..

So recently I have noticed in my 2002 SVT this whiring/whine noise when I accelerate.. but only when the window is closed and radio off. I assume its from the transmission. Transmission was replaced before I bought the car roughly 40,000 miles ago. I am not sure if the previous owner had replaced gear oil or not.. Do you think I need to change fluids or is it a bigger issue that I need to deal with asap? Or is this normal???

Old 10-16-2012, 01:33 PM   #2
MegaJoltSVT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94148
What I Drive: 2002 Sonic Blue SVT

FF Reputation: 1 MegaJoltSVT Good Standing Member
::bump::
Old 10-16-2012, 01:49 PM   #3
grayzx35speed
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94839
What I Drive: 2006 Gray ZX3

FF Reputation: 0 grayzx35speed Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaJoltSVT View Post
So recently I have noticed in my 2002 SVT this whiring/whine noise when I accelerate.. but only when the window is closed and radio off. I assume its from the transmission. Transmission was replaced before I bought the car roughly 40,000 miles ago. I am not sure if the previous owner had replaced gear oil or not.. Do you think I need to change fluids or is it a bigger issue that I need to deal with asap? Or is this normal???
My Duratec makes a whiring sound at high rpms, but thats normal for the vehicle, well mine anyway, at first I thought I may have been throwing a bearing but turns out the heat shield for the fuel pump shakes after 4500 on mine causing a whiring. As for the fluids yes! Change them out whenever you buy a second hand vehicle, assume the previous owner knows nothing about maintenance. Also check oil for metal fragments just to be sure the whiring is mechanical.

Bookmarks & Social Networks