Missing MyFord Touch Album Art Since 2.0 Update / Software Update / Text to Speech Voice Dictation (When?) - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-06-2012, 12:32 AM   #1
svenb352
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90898
What I Drive: 2012 White Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 svenb352 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Missing MyFord Touch Album Art Since 2.0 Update / Software Update / Text to Speech Voice Dictation (When?)

Hi all,

Like most, I updated to 2.0 when it was released earlier this year. Ever since then I have noticed that a large majority of my album art that used to appear on the prior version of MFT no longer appears. In fact, for some odd reason, it appears as though my older album art for older music shows up (prior to 2008 let's say) and all new album art does not show up. I have completed changed USB thumb drives, formatting, transferring the music all over again from scratch, etc. and it still doesn't work. I have Gracenote turned off with the priority of the album art set as the metadata from the music itself. I know the album art is there because in Windows 7 it shows all of the album art when I try to look at it through Windows Explorer.

I have contacted Ford directly and spoken to the MyTouch folks. They have advised that nothing has been reported as odd and that everything is working as normal. They took my "complaint" and filed it as something to watch for, but as of now there is nothing to fix.

Has anyone else had these problems?

Also, what happened to the recent update that fixed the temperature gauge? One day it was there and when I went to update it I noticed it was no longer there.

Lastly, any idea when voice to speech dictation of text messages will arrive? I have a GSIII and for some reason when I try to reply to a text message with a predetermined response it seems to get stuck on telling me I can send choice 12 or something (lol) - it doesn't let me pick the one I want. It's really odd. I'd love to just be able to speak my text replies directly to the vehicle.

Anyway, thanks in advance to all for the help.

Old 10-09-2012, 03:53 PM   #2
svenb352
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90898
What I Drive: 2012 White Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 svenb352 Good Standing Member
Anyone?
Old 10-09-2012, 04:59 PM   #3
gsxrboy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103574
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 3 gsxrboy Good Standing Member
I did a quick search for the SIII if it is supported by MFT and it is not listed. However, it doesn't mean you cannot use the speech to text feature. I would first find out if anyone else is using the same phone without any issues. If others report no problems, then perhaps a factory reset may fix the issue. (Just a suggestion and as a last resort). If this was working fine before the update, take it to the dealer and see if they can downgrade the version to the older one. You may also wait for the updated software to re-appear again, Ford took down the update due to issues with the climate control. No ETA yet of when they are planning to release the software.

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/gsxrboy/focus
Old 10-10-2012, 02:26 PM   #4
JPopNC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88327
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Titanium H-back

FF Reputation: 1 JPopNC Good Standing Member
How's it going with the album art? Losing that was the simple reason I chose not to upgrade at this time. It was a cool factor not worth losing.

When you do see the album art, is it on the main USB screen, or do you have to go into a sub-screen of that?
Old 10-10-2012, 02:52 PM   #5
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenb352 View Post
Ever since then I have noticed that a large majority of my album art that used to appear on the prior version of MFT no longer appears. In fact, for some odd reason, it appears as though my older album art for older music shows up (prior to 2008 let's say) and all new album art does not show up.
When I went from 2.11 to 3.0.2 my album art still displays and displays for all albums, regardless of age. After going to 3.2.2 it is still displaying as well. I download and installed 3.2.2 before they yanked it and was one of the lucky ones that didn't end up with a completely screwed climate quad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPopNC View Post
How's it going with the album art? Losing that was the simple reason I chose not to upgrade at this time. It was a cool factor not worth losing.

When you do see the album art, is it on the main USB screen, or do you have to go into a sub-screen of that?
It is still on the main Ent screen but the move from 2.11 to 3.0.2 greatly reduced it in size (and removed the song progress bar). Going into the More Info sub-screen displays it much larger. Had I known in advance how the Ent screen was going to look (as well as the fact that I was going to lose my wallpaper-only home screen) there is no way I would have installed 3.0.2.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:03 AM   #6
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenb352 View Post
Hi all,

Like most, I updated to 2.0 when it was released earlier this year. Ever since then I have noticed that a large majority of my album art that used to appear on the prior version of MFT no longer appears. In fact, for some odd reason, it appears as though my older album art for older music shows up (prior to 2008 let's say) and all new album art does not show up. I have completed changed USB thumb drives, formatting, transferring the music all over again from scratch, etc. and it still doesn't work. I have Gracenote turned off with the priority of the album art set as the metadata from the music itself. I know the album art is there because in Windows 7 it shows all of the album art when I try to look at it through Windows Explorer.
I have contacted Ford directly and spoken to the MyTouch folks. They have advised that nothing has been reported as odd and that everything is working as normal. They took my "complaint" and filed it as something to watch for, but as of now there is nothing to fix.
Also, what happened to the recent update that fixed the temperature gauge? One day it was there and when I went to update it I noticed it was no longer there.
Lastly, any idea when voice to speech dictation of text messages will arrive? I have a GSIII and for some reason when I try to reply to a text message with a predetermined response it seems to get stuck on telling me I can send choice 12 or something (lol) - it doesn't let me pick the one I want. It's really odd. I'd love to just be able to speak my text replies directly to the vehicle.
Anyway, thanks in advance to all for the help.
Hi, svenb352 -

I'd like to look into this further. Which software level are you currently on? What happens when you turn Gracenotes on?

The most recent update (3.2.2) was removed from SyncMyRide after we found some users were experiencing a compatibility issue. Once it's back up, announcements will be made here:

http://Boards.SyncCommunity.com/n/pf...cmb&listMode=0

In regards to texting, in order for this feature to work, the phone must support Message Access Profile (MAP). This is a Bluetooth standard developed for the exchange of text messages.

The following predefined messages are available for sending:

• Can’t talk right now
• Call me
• Call you later
• Yes
• Be there in 20 minutes
• Why?
• No
• Where R you?
• Thanks
• I love you
• I need more directions
• Can’t wait to see you
• Too funny
• Be there in 10 minutes
• I’m stuck in traffic

Try following the instructions below and let me know what happens:

1. Press OK to select. If the system detects your phone does not
support this feature, Unsupported will appear in the display and
SYNC will return you to the main menu.

2. Select predefined message.

3. Press OK when the desired selection is in the display. The
system will now need to know to whom you would like to send the
message.

4. Scroll to cycle through Phonebook or Call History entries. You
can also select Enter Number to audibly enter a desired number.

5. Press OK to enter the desired menu and scroll to select the
specific contact.

6. Press OK when the contact appears and press OK again to
confirm when the system asks if you would like to send the
message.

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 10-12-2012, 12:06 PM   #7
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic