Signing Papers Monday night unless.... - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson)

Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson) Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.
Sponsored By: Phil Long Ford - Colorado's #1 Ford Dealer

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-12-2012, 10:13 PM   #1
2kwik4u
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102523
What I Drive: '12-Sonic Blue-5dr/5spd/203A/Roof

FF Reputation: 1 2kwik4u Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Signing Papers Monday night unless....

Hello all,

I've been working a deal for the past few days with the local Ford dealer here in Louisville. Trading my 2003 GMC Yukon for a 2012 Focus. Hoping to get some validation from the resident guru's on if I'm getting a good deal, or if I should back out before I sign the official papers Monday night.

I've test driven the car twice now, and think it will fit my needs just fine. It's a 2012 with less than 20mi on it. It was the ONLY 5spd on the lot, and in a car with only 160hp I wouldn't consider an automatic. It's a dark blue hatchback. I'm not certain of the option codes, as they end up looking like alphabet soup very quickly to me. It has Sync, Cruise, Sirrius, cloth seats, Sunroof, and foglights. I'm not certain if it has the sport package or not, I didn't know it existed until I started reading here. Sticker price on the window is $20,669.

I'm eligible for the Z-Plan (Grandfather retired from Ford), and they are offering a $2,000 rebate. Before financing, taxes, tags, etc, the sell price is $17,015. $19,015 was the Z-Plan pricing, and then $2k in rebates. I'm approved through the local credit union for 1.94% for 60mo, and will be using them for the financing. I'm upside down (REALLY BAD) in the Yukon, so I'll be adding some cash to the deal, as well as rolling some of that into the new loan. Not the best idea, but it is what it is at this point, and I have to stop the 12mpg checkbook bleeding!!

I signed a "buyers sheet" approving the pricing before I left on Saturday, however I haven't signed any loan papers yet, as the credit union wasn't open on Sunday, and Ford Credit wanted to finance me for ~6% for 72mo. Can I still "get out" of that signed piece of paper if I find a better deal, or have I locked myself in. I know I'm pretty late int he game to be asking these questions, but I just found the site tonight while surfing the web and watching TV.

Anyone here have any thoughts on if this sounds like a good deal? I can get the VIN first thing in the morning for verification from some of the others here. I've read a number of EXCELLENT testimonials from members here buying from Ira in Colorado. You guys think I should investigate that avenue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

Old 08-13-2012, 11:04 AM   #2
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Well you are Z plan so you get the best price and your credit union rate is unbelieveably great. Just ensure you see the invoice per plan rules that it matches up with the sales price and you are good to go.

Sounds like an SE hatch 203A with possibly Sport pkg but without VIN I cannot tell. Hard to judge based off of MSRP.
Ira McCrea
Phone: 970-667-2220
E-mail: iram@loveford.com
Old 08-13-2012, 12:01 PM   #3
2kwik4u
Focus Enthusiast

Thanks for the quick response. I figured it was a set price that is what it is kind of deal. We're going in to sign the papers tonight after work.

Not sure which financing option we are going to take, 2.4% for 72mo, or 1.9% for 60mo. About a $630 difference in total cost out of pocket over the length of the loans. Wife only looks at the per month number so she wants to do 72mo. We'll see how it shakes out. Insurance is going UP about $40/mo moving from the 2003 truck to the 2012 car. We tend to keep our cars for quite some time, so the long term doesn't scare me a whole lot.

I'm sure hoping that the mileage on these is as good as I've seen reported. Fuelly.com puts all 2012 Focii in the 31.5mpg range with over 2 million miles reported in. At 30mpg and 18k miles a year, I'm looking at ~$285/mo savings in fuel alone. 12 months of that buys me an old body style Suburban free and clear to tow the boat!

Thanks again and I'll be sure to post up pics/etc with a proper introduction when I can!
Old 08-13-2012, 08:23 PM   #4
Nik00117
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 58749
What I Drive: 2011 Fusion SEL, 2010 Road Glide

FF Reputation: 0 Nik00117 Newbie
Deal sounds pretty good to me, enjoy your new car.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:52 AM   #5
2kwik4u
Focus Enthusiast

Signed the papers last night. We went with the 72mo option. Insurance went up a shade, and we were wanting to stay same or less out of pocket for recurring monthly fees.

Got 40mi on the car now. So far I've found a myriad of things I like:
- The soft touch blinkers for lane change
- Super clutch action
- Color

Only 2 I don't like so far
- Holy tons of buttons batman!! 20 on the steering wheel alone!
- Wheels....The stock 15's with hubcaps leave something to be desired. Once these wear out I'll be finding a nice set of 17's or 18's to swap on!
Old 08-14-2012, 11:57 AM   #6
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kwik4u View Post
Only 2 I don't like so far
- Holy tons of buttons batman!! 20 on the steering wheel alone!
- Wheels....The stock 15's with hubcaps leave something to be desired. Once these wear out I'll be finding a nice set of 17's or 18's to swap on!
The Wheels on the SE are 16", only the base S gets the 15" wheels.

Bookmarks & Social Networks