Noob! - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Regional Forums > South West Fanatics > Fanatics: AZ, NV, NM

Fanatics: AZ, NV, NM Regional discussion Forum for planning events and sharing information with all Members in the Desert areas.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-17-2012, 10:20 PM   #1
_Auricom_
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101454
What I Drive: 04 ZX5 SVT & 01 Eclipse GT

FF Reputation: 1 _Auricom_ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Noob!

Just purchased a 04 ZX5 SVT
and I am looking forward becoming known in a good light here on this forum. I will post pics on this thread and turn it into my build thread as well. Im in the Phoenix area and am from McFarland California ... pics mkay

Last edited by _Auricom_; 07-29-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:25 PM   #2
ViperThreat
Moderator OF DOOM

Fan#: 66026
What I Drive: '06 WRX Wagon 285whp/292wtq

FF Reputation: 7 ViperThreat Good Standing Member
I have a set of those headlights too. Make sure to aim the low-beams down a bit.. The cutoff plate is shaped oddly, and will blind oncoming traffic if aimed wrong.

Congratz on your new ride man!
Old 07-17-2012, 10:31 PM   #3
_Auricom_
Focus Enthusiast

Thanks!

I immediatley changed the oil with Pennzoil Ultra 5-W20/Bosh Oil Filter. I installed some new Bosh Iridium Spark Plugs as well that breathed new life into the hatch! lolz I love it so far!

....and I own a 2001 Bishi Eclipse GT as well thats tastefully modded.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:59 PM   #4
Sniperx
Focus Addict

Fan#: 99628
What I Drive: 2004 White ZX3, 1985 BMW M535 Dinan

FF Reputation: 2 Sniperx Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Auricom_ View Post
Thanks!

I immediatley changed the oil with Pennzoil Ultra 5-W20/Bosh Oil Filter. I installed some new Bosh Iridium Spark Plugs as well that breathed new life into the hatch! lolz I love it so far!

....and I own a 2001 Bishi Eclipse GT as well thats tastefully modded.
Might also want to consider a set of wheels that is lighter than those stock SVT EAPS. They are HEAVY! And you can find a bunch of aftermarket wheels that look great on these cars that aren't 24lbs each. I think a few companies make wheels that looka lot like them as well that are way lighter. Remember the rule of un-sprung weight, for few pounds you get robbed from the HP department! Plus handling and braking are adversely effected....post pics of the car now!
Old 07-18-2012, 06:36 PM   #5
_Auricom_
Focus Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Sniperx;4264949]Might also B]post pics of the car now![/B]QUOTE]

Negative'tive ... i havent taken any pics as of yet. Also, I was not aware that these stockers weighed that much!!!

I was considering some Enkei RPF1's in Bronze for the win! ... I plan on deleting the stock 6CD player(which is currently not working right), the stock subwoofer and amp if there is one, deleting spare tire and possibly the windsheild wiper Fluid Resevior. getting lighter seats from Ciphor and moving the battery to the rear seating area with a Optima lightweight yellow top battery. I got the Carbon Fiber hood already!
Old 07-18-2012, 10:21 PM   #6
Sniperx
Focus Addict

[QUOTE=_Auricom_;4265244]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperx View Post
Might also B]post pics of the car now![/B]QUOTE]

Negative'tive ... i havent taken any pics as of yet. Also, I was not aware that these stockers weighed that much!!!

I was considering some Enkei RPF1's in Bronze for the win! ... I plan on deleting the stock 6CD player(which is currently not working right), the stock subwoofer and amp if there is one, deleting spare tire and possibly the windsheild wiper Fluid Resevior. getting lighter seats from Ciphor and moving the battery to the rear seating area with a Optima lightweight yellow top battery. I got the Carbon Fiber hood already!
If you want light stiff wheels and tyres stray off the current huge wheel mentality. Sure big wheels look great, but they aren't great for handling when you really figure ut out. If you go to the races or track days everyone eventually ends up with a max of a 16in wheel and some have 15s to keep rotating mass at the least they can.(on our cars that is) My tyre and wheel combo only weighs a total of 34lbs, stock steels with tyres and hubcaps was 45lbs. And those EAPS weigh almost 24lbs each and the 17in tyre to go on them in a 205 45 17 weighs an average of 21lbs so that is as heavy as a stock steel 15s with tyres! PLUS it moves the rotating mass to the outside of the wheel making it even worse. I can actually feel my lighter combo over stock and get a little better mileage, and quickness.

Since I have a warranty I HAVE to leave my motor almost stock save for factory Ford parts. As a result, my plan it to lighten the car as much as possible, and stiffen it as much as possible to make it handle as well as it possibly can and when the warranty runs out, FI it. i am also doing CF hood, sway bars, upper and lower strut tower rods, and getting the KYB adjustable shocks and struts and doing all ploy bushes. By the time I can do FI this thing will be handling like a track day car!
Old 07-19-2012, 02:59 PM   #7
dansb6
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 77165
What I Drive: 06 Focus

FF Reputation: 1 dansb6 Good Standing Member
Goodluck!, those are some clean headlights.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:03 AM   #8
Sniperx
Focus Addict

where did you get the headlights and how much were they?
Old 07-20-2012, 04:34 PM   #9
Klondike
GreyRice WOoT!

Fan#: 25991
What I Drive: GI, '07 zx3 LG

FF Reputation: 53 Klondike Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (26)
hey welcome to the phx area man, we will need to meet up sometime and do a cruise, and i had those lights on my old focus, worked well imo
Velveeta Lover Shell#1
LOTH 00!
Old 07-21-2012, 01:35 PM   #10
_Auricom_
Focus Enthusiast

Those headlights are from Ebay for $129 plus shipping $25. They are dual LED Halo with two LED's in between the halos. THE way to go with halo's are CCFL HALO's as they are cold burning but the CCFL halo market hasn't gone full throttle yet so unless you are going to install them yourself's expect alot of LED halo's for the time being.
I have purchased headlights from them prior for my Eclipse and the HID Ballast lens give you a weaker beam than the stock set up.

I recieved my headlights yesterday and the manufacturer did a very good job in shipping them to me. The packaging seems a notch better than my previous purchase some years ago. I hope they meet the quality of my stock headlights in terms of visability at night. I am going to the Pavs tonight so expect a ton of pics of my ride and others there!

@ Klondike: I just got my SVT and am already working on getting some good mods here very soon as in within a month. I plan on scoring sum Enkei RPF1's in bronze, lightweight lug nutz, K&N SRI, 67mm throttle body, light weight Aluminum Pullyz for the ZX5! I need a tune after im done with that little list though. I am still trying to figure out this forum. lolz

its a little different from the other one Im on for my Bishi.

Bookmarks & Social Networks