2011 ford focus fuel filter location - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-03-2012, 04:24 PM   #1
webdawg
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 81078
What I Drive: 2011 Ford Focus SES

FF Reputation: 1 webdawg Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2011 ford focus fuel filter location

Hello,

I have 2012 Ford Focus SES. Anyone know where the fuel filter is on this thing?

Web.

Old 06-03-2012, 06:47 PM   #2
Rabbitccc
Focus Addict

Fan#: 44508
What I Drive: 01 Blue SE / 09 Black Coupe SE

FF Reputation: 28 Rabbitccc Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (32)
I'm not 100% sure, but just to give you a quick response in case you need it. My 09 doesn't have one. They have a "lifetime" fuel filter in the fuel tank. So maybe they continued to not use it for the 2012 and stuck with the lifetime one in the tank. Once again not 100% on wether this is the case for the 12.

EDIT: Well now I'm not to sure I don't have one. Cause I went to search for yours and I see there are a bunch to purchase for my year also......? Ford mechanics told me I don't have one though.....I'm gonna have to go look.

2nd EDIT: Ok. Just looked and mine is a lifetime in tank filter....so yours probably is too.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:49 PM   #3
webdawg
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitccc View Post
I'm not 100% sure, but just to give you a quick response in case you need it. My 09 doesn't have one. They have a "lifetime" fuel filter in the fuel tank. So maybe they continued to not use it for the 2012 and stuck with the lifetime one in the tank. Once again not 100% on wether this is the case for the 12.
Yeh this is what I am being told at some places too. I was able to purchase a fuel filter but I think the guy that looked up the car used 2001 or something as the year.

You know what this lifetime filter is? Just a screen?
Old 06-03-2012, 06:48 PM   #4
pacman_focus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84953
What I Drive: 2003 , yellow, zx3 2.0l focus

FF Reputation: 1 pacman_focus Good Standing Member
I'm not 100% on this because I have an 03 zx3 buts right up under the fuel tank. And might I add is a son of a bh to get off...
Old 06-03-2012, 06:50 PM   #5
webdawg
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman_focus View Post
I'm not 100% on this because I have an 03 zx3 buts right up under the fuel tank. And might I add is a son of a bh to get off...
Do you mean above the fuel tank? I was under the car recently and just could not find it.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:09 PM   #6
Rabbitccc
Focus Addict

Fan#: 44508
What I Drive: 01 Blue SE / 09 Black Coupe SE

FF Reputation: 28 Rabbitccc Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (32)
00-08 the filter was where pacman was describing, but From what I just looked up in 09 they started to use a lifetime fuel filter that's built into the fuel tank. Not sure what it is exactly, but ford wouldn't keep using it if it didn't work(I'd hope). I'd just wait till tomorrow and just call Ford to double check. Or just wait till someone else who knows 100% comments. Don't ask the parts store guy cause he'll sell you anything.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:43 AM   #7
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdawg View Post
Hello,I have 2012 Ford Focus SES. Anyone know where the fuel filter is on this thing?...
Hi webdawg,

The Focus is equipped with a lifetime fuel filter that is integrated with the fuel tank. Regular maintenance and replacement is not required. You’ll find this info on page 358 of the Owner Guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitccc View Post
...My 09 doesn't have one. They have a "lifetime" fuel filter in the fuel tank...2nd EDIT: Ok. Just looked and mine is a lifetime in tank filter....so yours probably is too.
That's right, Rabbitccc, the 2009 Focus also has a lifetime fuel filter integrated with the fuel tank. Check out the info on page 235 of the Owner Guide.

Have a great day!

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 06-04-2012, 08:16 PM   #8
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Oh no.... lifetime filters = bad idea. Like the lifetime air filter of 05-07? What's next 2 piece spark plugs for everyone?

Now I know that most people never change their fuel filter until the pump goes bad, and probably this filter is built into the pump assembly. STILL, there are some people who'd like to replace their filter regularly so that the pump will last longer than 120k miles or so. I want to see how long mine will go. I'm currently at 140k with regular changes every 25k miles.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:46 PM   #9
Oblivion
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92148
What I Drive: 2001 Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 3 Oblivion Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by whynotthinkwhynot View Post
Oh no.... lifetime filters = bad idea. Like the lifetime air filter of 05-07? What's next 2 piece spark plugs for everyone?

Now I know that most people never change their fuel filter until the pump goes bad, and probably this filter is built into the pump assembly. STILL, there are some people who'd like to replace their filter regularly so that the pump will last longer than 120k miles or so. I want to see how long mine will go. I'm currently at 140k with regular changes every 25k miles.
Hello, whynotthinkwhynot.

My sister owns a 2011 Ford Fiesta S? (brand new from the dealership back in 2011). She is the one and only owner.
I was wondering if you had any information on changing the internal "life time fuel filter."

What I mean is: Is it possible to change it (if so: Where at, and how much)? Is it actually integrated in the fuel pump itself?
And! How many miles are you at now (without having had changed it)? Or were you saying your vehicle (not a 2011 Ford Fiesta) gets changed every 25k miles?

Thanks.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:37 AM   #10
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
What I mean is: Is it possible to change it (if so: Where at, and how much)? Is it actually integrated in the fuel pump itself?
I don't have any information on how to change a lifetime fuel filter. All of my vehicles have fuel filters that can be regularly changed without dropping the fuel tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
And! How many miles are you at now (without having had changed it)? Or were you saying your vehicle (not a 2011 Ford Fiesta) gets changed every 25k miles?
No, I own a 2005 Ford Focus ZXW and a 2002 Ford Windstar LX. That information is printed under my avatar over there where it says "What I drive" <----

I change all my fuel filters regularly. Sometimes I am lazy and put it off, but I've never gone more than a couple thousand miles over 25k before I changed filters. My wife's van gets a new filter yearly in Aug. Most of the time, my car gets a new filter yearly. Good luck with the lifetime fuel filter. If I were her, I would keep the car until about 100k miles or so then trade it in on something else. That way the fuel pump and filter will be someone else's problem.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.

Bookmarks & Social Networks