From talking to some guys on the forums... - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Focus Tuning Chat

Focus Tuning Chat Discuss performance tuning options for your Ford Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-16-2012, 10:55 AM   #1
badazz2010focus
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 78166
What I Drive: 2010 ingot silver 2 dr 5 speed

FF Reputation: 7 badazz2010focus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
From talking to some guys on the forums...

If you buy a tuner wiether it be from tom....or fs werks, I need to be able to defeat things myself if it's egr or your rear o2 or adjusting your tire size from bigger rims and tires...Its my understanding that you have to prespecify all this when you buy the tuner and that when you get it you are not able to defeat it. Like for instance if I buy a tuner not planning on buying an off road pipe but later on down the road I want one..I'd have to send the tuner back to whomever I got it from and have them defeat it then they'd send it back right Or is it tune by mail? Or if I plan on blocking off my egr completly I'd have to send the tuner back to whoever I got it from right? I plan on getting a tuner from superchips because if I'm not to mistaken you can disable them yourself.

Old 03-16-2012, 11:48 AM   #2
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
The SCT xcal3 has the ability to do some adjusting as well and the tunes can be emailed to you
If you get the tuning from me you get FREE tune updates where my competition charges for this

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 03-16-2012, 08:19 PM   #3
svtf1417
MOAR BEWST!!!!

Fan#: 58428
What I Drive: 2001 ZTS, 2002 SVTF Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 6 svtf1417 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Go with Tom. Ive been through hell and back with my car, changing things here and there from something small like an o2 sensor, to now bigger injectors and more boost. Ive been working with him a year (lots of downtime because of winter storage and other personal reasons) but he was there for me when I had questions even about building my engine. Now hes going above and beyond to help me get a livewire so we can continue tuning. At this point I literally could care less about the money I paid for the tuning, its even less then his competition, because of all the help Ive gotten. Trust me get an xcal3 from Tom, you wont be disappointed.
[#1417] 2002 Sonic Blue SVT Focus
Born on June 25, 2002

2001 Silver ZTS Sedan - "Ol' Reliable"

Bookmarks & Social Networks