Just installed my fswerks xcal 3 with 93 octane tune - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Focus Tuning Chat

Focus Tuning Chat Discuss performance tuning options for your Ford Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-11-2011, 08:22 PM   #1
crice8
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84830
What I Drive: 2010 Sterling Gray Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 9 crice8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Just installed my fswerks xcal 3 with 93 octane tune

just installed the tune with the xcal 3 from fswerks. had the aggressive shift points added. i can tell a difference but its not totally devastating... i guess i was just over amping it up and got too excited... car is definitely a little faster but i don't know... does it take time for the tune to truly affect? also im running wheels that are 22lbs each(getting new ones asap) would this be killing my performance? also have fswerks cai and a custom exhaust. looking to put on the f2 header next week will that make a drastic improvement also?

Old 08-11-2011, 09:07 PM   #2
milkweed
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 40906
What I Drive: 2007 ford focus zx3 red

FF Reputation: 1 milkweed Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
i dunno about the fswerks tune, since i don't have a tune yet but that will be my next mod. but i can tell you that if each of your rims weigh 22lbs, then the weight is parasitic on performance i used to have some 18" motegi rims that weighed 22lbs each. and i noticed as soon as i put them on that they killed my acceleration. needless to say i put my stock 15" rims back on for the time being. and immediately noticed improved acceleration. i will be getting some 15" rota slipstreams , which are supposedly only 12lbs per rim. as the stocks are roughly 15lbs. so yes the rims can effect your performance, i dunno about the header since i don't have one yet. but from what i have read it also improves performance.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:14 PM   #3
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Have your "tuner" change the settings for you on the trans , send him some datalogs so he can fine tune your tune and make sure everything is like it should be , its what you paid for

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 08-28-2011, 03:59 PM   #4
pasta
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 62350
What I Drive: 2003 eap svt

FF Reputation: 5 pasta Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (40)
any added weight will affect performance for every 100 lbs is a tenth of a second
Old 08-29-2011, 08:33 AM   #5
caterham 7
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 72005
What I Drive: 2000 yellow lotus caterham super 7

FF Reputation: 1 caterham 7 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
After trying several different tunes,Haltec, MBE and one stand alone from south africa,we went with Tom now on 10+ cars and just won for the second year in a row the SWD SCCA EP Championship including one track record that most thought would never fall! I am sure the other tuners on this site are good but Tom is the best.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:22 PM   #6
Blue5ive
R.I.P Kona

Fan#: 83941
What I Drive: 2003 TW Blue ZX5

FF Reputation: 9 Blue5ive Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by caterham 7 View Post
After trying several different tunes,Haltec, MBE and one stand alone from south africa,we went with Tom now on 10+ cars and just won for the second year in a row the SWD SCCA EP Championship including one track record that most thought would never fall! I am sure the other tuners on this site are good but Tom is the best.
Just saw your in Alvin. I work at the Home Depot there. Be cool to see your car sometime.
Hatch Nation #9
"2 by 2 Hands of Blue."
Old 08-30-2011, 09:30 AM   #7
03OrangeSVT
LETS TURN DIRT!!!!

Fan#: 19169
What I Drive: MINI Cooper S TURBO

FF Reputation: 152 03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member 03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Whats killing you is you have a Focus with an automatic tranny in it.... unless you spend a healthy sum of money its always gonna be slow.
2004 Harley V-Rod.... sex on wheels
2011 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Limited
[/b]
Old 09-11-2011, 07:48 PM   #8
DueceCoupe
Focus Addict

Fan#: 32955
What I Drive: 07 Infra Red ST,2002 ZX3.

FF Reputation: 5 DueceCoupe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (29)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03OrangeSVT View Post
Whats killing you is you have a Focus with an automatic tranny in it.... unless you spend a healthy sum of money its always gonna be slow.
Have to disagree with You Bud.
My project budget build is starting to run pretty darn strong,even with the atx trans.
Just installed my tune from Tom and the Car is starting to be pretty quick.
Once the Nitrous is installed next month and the tune re adjusted I think its going to be very quick from light to light or at the track.
Its been a bit of money,but not a healthy sum to get it where its at now.
Hers a quick vid of where it is today,having just installed the tune.
Its set for 93 octane,but I still have the remains of 87 octane only in the tank.
Going to refill with 93 tomorrow.
I was not speeding in this video.

http://youtu.be/i3GjP_8EYyI

ST Crew Member # 666

Last edited by DueceCoupe; 09-11-2011 at 09:21 PM.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:25 PM   #9
crice8
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84830
What I Drive: 2010 Sterling Gray Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 9 crice8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
I can understand what your saying, but from what ive gathered from multiple sites is that a tune is much more beneficial to an auto trans that a manual. Also heres an update to the thread. When i took off the 18"msr wheels and put on my new set of 16" rota slipstreams even with massive 205/60/16 tires its like a whole new car!! Its definately faster now. The tune most definately made a huge difference. when it shifts you can really feel the pull every gear! Im getting a Fswerks header and flexpipe this week and ill have to order a new tune which will be adjusted for the header and for the new tire size(= Can't wait to see what this bad boy will do then. Ive seen someone gain 16HP with dynos to prove it from adding the fs header and flexpipe.
Galatians 6:14
Old 08-31-2011, 08:56 AM   #10
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

FF Reputation: 54 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
93 octane tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by crice8 View Post
I can understand what your saying, but from what ive gathered from multiple sites is that a tune is much more beneficial to an auto trans that a manual. Also heres an update to the thread. When i took off the 18"msr wheels and put on my new set of 16" rota slipstreams even with massive 205/60/16 tires its like a whole new car!! Its definately faster now. The tune most definately made a huge difference. when it shifts you can really feel the pull every gear! Im getting a Fswerks header and flexpipe this week and ill have to order a new tune which will be adjusted for the header and for the new tire size(= Can't wait to see what this bad boy will do then. Ive seen someone gain 16HP with dynos to prove it from adding the fs header and flexpipe.
Who has 93 octane? I'm still waiting on my F/W header & stealth muffler. Let us know how it run's w/ the header, huh.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->