PWSC with a P0133 HELP !! - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-10-2011, 10:17 PM   #1
volcomstone1966
RIP 02 SVT 0209

Fan#: 35104
What I Drive: 04 PWSC EAP SVT - 04 Kawasaki ZX6R

FF Reputation: 15 volcomstone1966 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (44)
Exclamation PWSC with a P0133 HELP !!

ok well i been dealing with a few things with my svt ,
one was a misfire in cy. 3 that was due to
water filling up around the spark plugs from
my F2 hood letting in the water...(i have new ones on the way)
but the 3rd plug wire came apart as i pulled it out so
i put on a MSD coil and massive wires
no more misfire

i also had a code for my O2 so i put in a used one i had and that code went away (cuz the wire got cut )

took it for a drive and i thought i was good , but about a day
and a half later i got a P0133

i put in a new IAT and cleaned the MAF , and put in a diff used MAF i had laying around and the same thing
also put in a diff O2 in to see if the first one i put in was bad

NOW--

the car will idel just fine and if i drive around and slowly get on the gas it drives ok but if i try to step on it it just goes no place, sounds like crap and the AEM A/F reads over 17 and the car feels and sounds a little like the
traction control it kicking on ..

i have looked up what it can be but wondering with what the car is doing what might it be

thanks

04 SVT EAP #1131 -POWERWORKS-Torsen-Clutch Masters-Top Speed-Massive-Brembo-Fifteen52-Steeda-UNDER CONSTRUCTION
04 Kawasaki ZX6R
Old 06-11-2011, 04:55 AM   #2
awnuts
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 12680
What I Drive: 2001 Red ZX3 with Zetec

FF Reputation: 6 awnuts Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) p0133 refers to Bank1, Sensor1 being slow to respond. This may point to a failing sensor, or simply an intake or exhaust leak. Any gas leak can lead to unmeterd Oxygen in the system. This code may also be caused by fault wiring or connection on the sensor circuit.

Also did you forget to unhook the battery to reset to the other parts? Not saying your stupid but we are known to overlook the simple.
Magnaflow cat back, EBC sport rotors with red pads,Focus sport stress bar,Yokohama EVS tires,volant cai,screamin demon coil and wires. Red powder coated calipers,Focal 5 spoke tuner wheels deep chrome edge.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:33 AM   #3
Earls32
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 46470
What I Drive: 2003 Silver SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 2 Earls32 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Yea it for the O2 sensor and it can make your car run like crap. what I do because I go through O2 sensors like crazy. (I know nobody likes Bosh sensors) but if you get it at advanced auto parts they come with a lifetime warranty, and every time mine goes out I just take it back to the store and get me a new one. O2 sensors are so EASY to mess up. it might be causing all your problems or you problems could be due to the fact of water being on your plugs. Replace your O2 sensor and change your plugs with a new set of SP463 and reset your battery and let us know from there. Maybe even do a compression test just to rule that out

Chris
Old 06-11-2011, 04:28 PM   #4
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Before you go throwing parts at it and guessing use a scan tool to check your o2 sensor a Vac leak , TPS and a few other things can cause the cel your getting , find the problem then change the needed parts

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 06-12-2011, 01:18 AM   #5
VenomRogue
Focus Addict

Fan#: 24506
What I Drive: a Volvo??!?

FF Reputation: 11 VenomRogue Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
have you tried a brand new o2 sensor, and not a used one?

in my experiance, stay away from bosch sensors, get NTK or Ford Motorcraft....Napa has the NTK ones.

Yes, I have issues.

Next question.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:38 PM   #6
greentengu
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 11221
What I Drive: '02 ZTS Liquid Grey Metallic

FF Reputation: 1 greentengu Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Interestingly, I have about the same problem (re: idles fine, slowly depress accelerator = fine, mash accelerator = engine flutters/seems to bog/goes nowhere) with a carbureted '72 Pontiac 400. That could have been ignition (changed coil, no change), carburetor (new carb on its way from California), next...exhaust...as in rusted out, deteriorated old steel mufflers that my receipts indicate were installed in 1987...which I remember having done, because I was there when they were put on the car!

I know it's the longest shot in the world, seeing venomrogue here offering advice dredged up terrible memories of my PWSC car which idled fine, and went well if I slooooowly depressed the accelerator, but if I mashed it made a terrible noise but went essentially nowhere fast...when my CAT's gotten blown out and clogged up.

Twice.

I think it's probably as others have noted--some sort of leak--and you should definitely take Tom's advice and really run down this problem with a scantool, but if all else fails, who knows? The CAT might be the culprit.
In any case, while it's a long shot, it can't hurt to just take the thing off and look "down the hatch". It costs nothing just to check it (unless you have to really wrench/cut off those bolts).

Oh, and while I've chewed through 2 Bosch units early on, my Denso O2 sensor has held up fine over the years for what? Four+ years?

Cheers,

Scott
Old 06-12-2011, 10:06 PM   #7
Shugh19380
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83924
What I Drive: 2003 red zx5 Jrsc svtf

FF Reputation: 3 Shugh19380 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
As tom said, Ohm out the tps sensor with it unplugged and do a slow sweep of the throttle and see if there's any opens or high resistance. If you have a oscilloscope that would be even better it might have not thrown a code for the tps but it could still be bad or even unplug it and drive it and if it gets better then tps sensor it is
Old 06-13-2011, 08:31 AM   #8
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
If he has a SC on his car he should have a SCT xcal3 already if he is running the stock PW tune then it was a pure piece of crap and killed a ton of engines and should be changed but again after he confirmes things are or are not working properly

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 06-13-2011, 07:37 PM   #9
volcomstone1966
RIP 02 SVT 0209

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
If he has a SC on his car he should have a SCT xcal3 already if he is running the stock PW tune then it was a pure piece of crap and killed a ton of engines and should be changed but again after he confirmes things are or are not working properly

Tom
it not the stock PW tune , and i have the Xcal2

but im going to send you a pm Tom
04 SVT EAP #1131 -POWERWORKS-Torsen-Clutch Masters-Top Speed-Massive-Brembo-Fifteen52-Steeda-UNDER CONSTRUCTION
04 Kawasaki ZX6R
Old 06-15-2011, 01:42 AM   #10
volcomstone1966
RIP 02 SVT 0209

before i put in a new 02 today i had a P1132 pop up

but after putting in the new one it still runs like s#it
and i cleared the codes with my SCT

04 Kawasaki ZX6R

Bookmarks & Social Networks