Body Kit General Questions - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > MK1 Focus

MK1 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the first generation 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-01-2004, 03:45 PM   #1
solidseventen
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 11100
What I Drive: 2004 LX twi-blue

FF Reputation: 1 solidseventen Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Body Kit General Questions

I have been looking at different body kits for my car (04 Sedan twlight blue) and in my search I don't recall every seeing a Dark colored focus with a body kit. They are all on the Silver, red, yellow foci. Do the body kits look funny on darker foci? Also, is it, I guess, taboo to put a body kit on a focus if you aren't planning on doing any performance mods? I am more interested in the looks than I am with the performance (I will get in way too much trouble with Johnny Law if I had more HP than I do now, plus I live in CA so I have the damn C.A.R.B. issues with touching my intake/exaust areas).

I really like the hood and the front bumper from Cervinis, and I thought about trying to find the side skirts and rear bumper that would look good and fit a sedan (I know that the bumper would fit but I don't like it).

Thanks.

Old 09-01-2004, 03:48 PM   #2
whiteboyslo
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 180
What I Drive: 04 Pontiac GTO - Yellow M6

FF Reputation: 2 whiteboyslo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
i don't think it looks bad on darker cars, but the issue is that people who put that kind of stuff on their car are people who like to go "look at me! look at me!" darker colors don't really have that kind of presence, with the exception of black maybe. i'd think it'd look good, though. can't wait to get my twilight blue zx5 back from the shop with all the SVT parts on it. that's about as close to a body kit as i'll ever get!

don't let johnny law be an excuse to not modding your car, btw. as a fellow san diegan, i can assure you that there are plenty of CARB-happy mods out there that will really open up you PZEV.

Mike
Old 09-01-2004, 03:51 PM   #3
delta focus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 6210
What I Drive: 2002 Liquid ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 delta focus Good Standing Member
i feel for ya, bro.i just posted a similair thread earlier today.........i like the roush kit, but it is only for the hatch, as the cervinis one was, i thought........

as for color, you have my other favorite, mine is liquid grey metallic, i think that a good kit would look killer on dark foci.........i think that there are no pics out there b/c most of the kits are really rice, and rice drivers ofter have the flash colors................
Old 09-01-2004, 03:55 PM   #4
CAIS95
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5085
What I Drive: 04 SONIC BLUE SVT 3DOOR

FF Reputation: 1 CAIS95 Good Standing Member
cervinis front bumber and side skirts with a avenger rear....yummy...be ready to get some bigger rims and a drop....our cars look like shyt without either of those.and in cali isnt their a restriction on how low you can drop your car? im in new orleans and you can have no exhaust and ride on your frame..they dont care here

hp:310 tq:276 sae adjusted to 156/143 **damn turbonator broke**

SVT SQUAD #240
Old 09-01-2004, 03:59 PM   #5
solidseventen
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Delta- Yeah I saw your post it kinda reminded me I wanted to post those questions. All those "ZX3 only" kits will fit the sedan with the exception of the side skirts. The bumpers and hood are all the same size and have the same mounting hardware (or so I was told).

WhiteBoy- I was wondering how many San Diegans were here. Johnny Law is only part of the excuse, the other i money. In a perfect world I would do that ATI V8 Cobra swap and then slap on the body kit and make it look really nice. I will have to wait till I get out of College before I can do that swap :P. But I figure, I won't use the performance stuff really at all, so I might as well make my stuff look sweet.
Old 09-01-2004, 04:00 PM   #6
solidseventen
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

CAI, I haven't heard of any drop limit here, but then again I am new to the car scene... atleast new to actually caring about my car scene :P
Old 09-01-2004, 04:08 PM   #7
delta focus
Focus Enthusiast

the rear bumpers, too....i've heard mixed answers on that.....

also, please respond to my post, too......i plan to spam, i mean email roush many times until they make my kit......
Old 09-01-2004, 04:15 PM   #8
delta focus
Focus Enthusiast

okay, i just got a response from roush. first i want to praise roush for a quick response.......many companies never respond, while roush responded in a few hours. the rear from a hatch kit will not fit a sedan, they are different sizes and do not account for the trunk. now i'm bummed.........but still need a good rear, or else i will have to go with stock, which isn't bad ........also, please give your imput on the roush piece

will someone help us poor little sedan owners?

Bookmarks & Social Networks