First Autocross outing - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Autocross Racing

Autocross Racing The place to discuss information about autocross stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-09-2004, 06:24 PM   #1
Mr Orange SVT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10430
What I Drive: 2003 Comp Orange SVT #906

FF Reputation: 1 Mr Orange SVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
First Autocross outing

Well I decided it was time to go out and have some fun last weekend. I took the Orange out to the track, make that parking lot and ran some cones. This was to be an experimental outing to see if I wanted to get into this again. I would say the experiment was a success. I didn't come close to winning anything but I had a great time. The course was challenging and fun. Although I didn't bring any trophies home my personal times got better. My first run was a DNF due to getting lost and going off course so my second run was my first actual timed run which was a 78.864. My last run, four runs later was a 61.133. I was still 3 seconds behind the next closest Focus but that didn't matter. Like I said, I had a great time and I'm going back out to a different event next week. I highly recommend this stuff. It is a great way to get out and test your car and your own skills for very little cost if any other than entrance fees. If you are in the Northern Ill. southern Wis. area I recommend this club, WAI. http://www.waiautox.org/ They put on a very organized event at Miller Park in Milwaukee. Check out their site for more info. Next week I'm going to what is considered a medium speed event at Lake Geneva Speedway. I ran there years ago and remember it was also great fun. http://scscc.net/lgr.html

Bookmarks & Social Networks