The SVT header/RT cat set-up. First hand experience, impressions? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > ZETEC Performance (2000-2004)

ZETEC Performance (2000-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-06-2004, 08:43 PM   #1
[ZX3]Brucity
Focus Addict

Fan#: 4204
What I Drive: Silver 2000 ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 [ZX3]Brucity Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Question The SVT header/RT cat set-up. First hand experience, impressions?

So has anyone put this set up together? The SVT header w/ the R/T cat. How does it run? How was fitment? Overall opinions and advice? Pics?

I am soooo intrested in this but Im hesitant about a couple things.

Sorry if previously posted, used search but could find answers I wanted.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2004, 10:58 PM   #2
focaltech

Fan#: 490
What I Drive: 2001 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 focaltech Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (-1)
I do not think anyone has the setup yet. Mostly because I think the SVT headers are on back order for another week.
Old 08-06-2004, 11:24 PM   #3
BLrDFCS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 6848
What I Drive: 2001 Zx3 Silver 5spd

FF Reputation: 1 BLrDFCS Good Standing Member
I'm really interested in this set up as well, I was looking at it at McNews...Are the SVT Headers good for the price, or would I be better off going with the JBA or Ford Racing headers and getting the ceramic coated models... I'm going to be getting a RT high flow cat either way.

To Come: SVT headers, RT High-Flo Cat, flex pipe, ported '00 mani, adj. cam gears

The best sound system is under the hood.
Old 08-07-2004, 12:01 AM   #4
dudeman05
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 8857
What I Drive: 2001 infrared zx3

FF Reputation: 1 dudeman05 Good Standing Member
its a matter of how much ur willing to spend and if ur worrying about emissions bc if ur not worried about emissions go with a raceheader but if u want long tube and wanna stay emissions safe then i would say its the best deal i plan on gettin that set up when the money frees itself up
Mods:European top and bottom grills,Hella knockoff headlights,TFS cuplip,AEM shortram,Focus Sport rearbrace,front strutbar,Goldline springs,Apex Kevlar brake pads,Trubendz Borla 2.25 exhaust,Kendwood Headunit,Ford racing plugwires,NGK platinum plugs
Old 08-07-2004, 02:14 AM   #5
BLrDFCS
Focus Enthusiast

I'll spend the money for a better product, but if the gains are just going to be minimal, then its not worth the extra 70-100 dollars or what not. I currently have the FS intake installed, and my FS ceramic exhaust and FC UDP kit is going to be installed next week when I get back from vaca. That's the set up that I will have (maybe a 65mm tb) when I get to finishing out my exhaust. Basically, I think that the SVT header will be better for the money, as the ADDITIONAL gains from the Ford Racing, JBA, etc. shorties will be minimal... But someone correct me if I'm wrong.

To Come: SVT headers, RT High-Flo Cat, flex pipe, ported '00 mani, adj. cam gears

Old 08-07-2004, 05:44 AM   #6
Vassili95
Banned

Fan#: 371
FF Reputation: 1 Vassili95 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
We won't know before someone actually dyno's.

If I go to the McNews Dyno day....I will be able to post #'s with the FR header. By then Sublime will have his sedan hooked up with the SVT/RT cat combo!

Paix...

Last edited by Vassili95; 08-07-2004 at 05:27 PM.
Old 08-07-2004, 09:43 AM   #7
BLrDFCS
Focus Enthusiast

Yah alrght, that'll be awesome if you can manage it.

Old 08-08-2004, 05:42 PM   #8
[ZX3]Brucity
Focus Addict

Fan#: 4204
What I Drive: Silver 2000 ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 [ZX3]Brucity Good Standing Member
Actually the SVT race header was designed by Cosworth if I'm not not mistaken. This means it should prob. be the best header out there performance wise. Thats the main reason I want it regaurdless of cost. You figure you can spend 350 bucks for a JBA shorty, u might as well get this set up with the R/T cat and have prob. double the power, and still be emissions legal. I'll prob bump this in a week or two.
Old 08-08-2004, 07:08 PM   #9
03FOCUZ
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 7146
What I Drive: 2003,infra red,zx3

FF Reputation: 1 03FOCUZ Good Standing Member
yea i would agreee with BRUCITY on this on !but maan i want those svt headers
{fs wires,aem cold air, spin tech muffler with 2.5 piping,,kyb adjustables,sprint 2 inch lowering springs , steeda short shifter,FS front and rear strut,Xcal 2 clared cat.many more to come.cant wait to boossst.

{ZETEC crew MEMBER 82}
Old 08-09-2004, 12:21 PM   #10
Focusedat50
It's been fun.......

Fan#: 1409
What I Drive: Boosted ZX5 ATX - 179WHP/158TQ

FF Reputation: 2 Focusedat50 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (30)
As Focaltech indicated, the SVT headers are on backorder for about another week or so.
I have my order placed for this set up in addition to a Borla cat-back. I am going from the FR shorty, RT cat, Bosal flex and Magnaflow set up to this so no dyno but I can give some feedback once I have it installed.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.