need a diagram or pic. focus is dead - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 10:28 AM   #1
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

Fan#: 55157
What I Drive: zx3 turbo, kia soul, 71 chevy c/10

FF Reputation: 35 focusmaniaczx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
need a diagram or pic. focus is dead

yesterday i broke the bracket that bolts the lower transmission mount to the transmission which lead to the motor bucking back and forth like a rodeo bull on crack. this in turn caused a vacuum line to either pop off or break causing me to loose power brakes and making it very hard to keep the car running. the car misfires like crazy and i can hear it hissing. it seems like it is coming from the center between the intake manifold and firewall but i cant find it. if anyone could put up a picture of what im looking for or a diagram or just describe to me in a way that would help me find it i would be eternally greatful and i give rep too. it is a 2000 zx3 with the mtx-75 tranny. i have the car up on axle stands looking for it and ill post back if i find it but time is of the essence and im not going anywhere until i get it fixed. please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus
I love this big little city HOOTERS !
Every time you drink a beer somewhere an ugly woman becomes beautiful, so get to it!

Old 01-06-2009, 12:13 PM   #2
iminhell
C2H5OH

Fan#: 36222
What I Drive: 2000 & 2001 ZX3's

FF Reputation: 48 iminhell Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Probably the line to the Brake Booster. It's a hard plastic line coming from about the lower middle of the manifold, will have a check valve in it about 4" before the booster. Reach a paw down there and you should feel it if not see it.

Old 01-06-2009, 04:25 PM   #3
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

still havent found it... any diagrams or pics would be great...
Quote:
Every time you drink a beer somewhere an ugly woman becomes beautiful, so get to it!

Old 01-06-2009, 04:30 PM   #4
svtf1417
MOAR BEWST!!!!

Fan#: 58428
What I Drive: 2001 ZTS, 2002 SVTF Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 6 svtf1417 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
you could start sparying starter fluid or carb/choke cleaner around one little spray at a time. youll find the leak because the fluid will get sucked in and the engine will rev for a second. but why would you drive it around without that mount anyways??
[#1417] 2002 Sonic Blue SVT Focus
Born on June 25, 2002

2001 Silver ZTS Sedan - "Ol' Reliable"

Old 01-06-2009, 04:43 PM   #5
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

cant do the carb cleaner trick because the car wont run long enough without some1 giving it throttle and i dont really want to do that because i like my fingers the way they are. and i drove it with that broken bracket back to my house. actually "drive" isnt what i did it was more like limping back to the house. i didnt realize it was broken until i lost brakes and the car started misfiring. however i only drove for about 1/2 a mile with the broken bracket.
Quote:

Old 01-07-2009, 03:20 PM   #6
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

still havent found it guys. a diagram or pic would be wonderful. come on im trying to go to a focus G2G in wilmington this saturday but if they car isnt running im not going.
Quote:

Old 02-14-2013, 07:11 PM   #7
chenize
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 109909
What I Drive: 2002 zinc yellow zx5

FF Reputation: 1 chenize Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I Have 2002 ZX5 and yesterday It died getting on the freeway. Any way after I got it towed the ignition switch is dead any thing that will work with the ignition off still works, the battery is still fully charged but when you turn the key on none of the idiot lights or guages work and the brake and headlights will not come on can any body help me?

Old 02-15-2013, 05:09 AM   #8
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chenize View Post
I Have 2002 ZX5 and yesterday It died getting on the freeway. Any way after I got it towed the ignition switch is dead any thing that will work with the ignition off still works, the battery is still fully charged but when you turn the key on none of the idiot lights or guages work and the brake and headlights will not come on can any body help me?
Please start your own thread. This thread is about physical engine damage due to a broken motor mount- not any other problem. His car will start, yours will not, so the problems are different.

Go to this link:
General Technical Chat
Before you scroll down, in the lower left hand corner you will see a yellow button labeled "New Thread", click that, and describe your problem with as much detail as you have, your engine, year model car, transmission, and mileage. Then we can help you. Thanks for posting!

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.

Old 02-15-2013, 05:15 AM   #9
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Man, I don't like the carb cleaner trick anyway. Too much risk and little reward, the same goes for starting fluid.

Is your VECI sticker still there? That gives a vacuum schematic. You lost a big one if you didn't crack the intake manifold. The only 2 big ones are the PCV and the brake booster line. Trace the brake booster line down from the booster back to the engine.

You're turboed right? You probably don't have a PCV. I bet it is capped off at the port, and if memory serves me correctly, someone said that port was just behind the TB. The PCV itself is probably just a simple hose turned down.

Did you check the air intake to see if it came loose? That will do something similar to what you're describing. Lack of a decent idle might be what is upsetting the power brakes. The engine has to be running, and running at enough rpm for that to feel right.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.

Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->