Custom Double DIN for LCD - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-17-2004, 01:55 AM   #1
wholesale37
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 6982
FF Reputation: 1 wholesale37 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Custom Double DIN for LCD

I am getting into an idea for a job, what i need to know is if the stock focus radio is a double din, or just an enlarged single. I remember seeing a din install kit for a focus that could only fin one unit. What i want to do is install a double DIN in order to install a head unit and indash monitor. Is this possible, can the focus take a double din, is there enough clearance, where can i find a din kit, any info would help, thankyou -jay

Old 05-17-2004, 09:22 AM   #2
midnight53mv
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 50
What I Drive: focus SPI

FF Reputation: 1 midnight53mv Good Standing Member
one word.....dremel
Old 05-17-2004, 11:03 AM   #3
wholesale37
Focus Rookie

i knew i could use a dremel, but is there enough cleareance, and i woulds still need a double din kit, where could i get one, that would match up to a fcous? or should i just put a din in for a focus and just extend the pocket at the bottom?
Old 05-17-2004, 11:05 AM   #4
S2
Retired Fanatic

Fan#: 4939
What I Drive: Camaro 2SS/RS

FF Reputation: 67 S2 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (20)
You can buy HU mounting kits all over the place. Just check with your local stereo shop, if they don't have it, they can get it. I have seen them all over the place. I think it's a 1-1/2 DIN size HU for the focus but don't quote me on that. If that is the case, you might have to go get a double DIN mounting kit and do some custom work to get it to fit.....
Old 05-17-2004, 11:55 AM   #5
wholesale37
Focus Rookie

i thotught that at first as well, just get a drememl and a double din, and go to work to make it fit. has anybody done a project like this? Anybody with more insight would be great, thanks.

Bookmarks & Social Networks