Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Direct Fit-Open Cone Filter

5K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  StingRay 
#1 ·
#16 ·
A few words for the hot air problem. K&N and New Mission air intake mod. Open top cover vs closed with this mod. is two HP This with my own car on a Mustang Dyno

#17 ·
I got my buschur racing filter in last night. It was pooring rain so no pictures. It installs 10 times easier then the k&n filter, as it is slightly shorter then the K&N. Fits perfect.

Initial impressions. Sounds great. Cruising sounds like stock. Half throttle to full throttle sounds like a intake but not as loud. Ive only drove it once this morning to work with no coffee. Does it feel faster? Who knows my butt dyno was still asleep. Does it sound nice? Yes I love it and its staying in. The K&N with 7000 miles is for sale.

#18 ·
This is a bad idea, and let me tell you why. I know from experience with my Focus.

The MAF housing is plastic. When you tighten the filter with the band around the MAF housing, over time, the MAF housing becomes distorted. The housing begins to collapse under the heat and will loosen the air filter. The filter will then fall off.

This is why the OEM style air filters do not require a tightening band (being supported on the opposite end). For a banded filter to be effective, you need a better MAF housing.

#20 ·
The heat and pressure on that end will take over anyway, in about 3-4 months. My clamp was just tight enough to keep it from slipping off.

The MAF housing will begin to collapse.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.