Focus Fanatics Forum banner

I LOVE my Mk3 Ford Focus 100% whoo hoo thread!!

444K views 1K replies 509 participants last post by  MaytheFocusBeWithYou 
#1 ·
OK here is the thread for all of us who LOVE our Focus!
I go into the garage and just gaze at it.
I love driving my Focus.
It gets spectacular gas mileage! And it is so cool the way i can watch how all the things that waste gas happen.
It looks so cool!
The seats are perfect fit.. So is the steering wheel.
My Focus drives great.
Gets better as time goes on driving it is more fun... I am one HAPPY gal driving my 2012 Ford Focus!!!

And no complainers ( [screwy] ) allowed!! [goofydrunk][drinking]

#467 ·
I like the look of the FoFo better than the Merc. Haha. :D

Honestly, there are things about this car that I grow to love more each day. I can't really say that about other cars I've owned. It's not your average economy car, not by a long shot.

#470 ·
Yeah, those wheels are definitely nice and compliment the Focus well.

Now that I think about it, Ford has done a really great job with the wheel selection (variety) for the new Focus. And I saw another post that referenced the just-released matte black finish 17 five-spokes.

For comparisons sake, my old Ranger had the optional 16's (off-road package), but there were only two other choices: the steelies on the XL and the standard 15's on all others. It wasn't until much later in the life-cycle of the Ranger that they even released a new wheel variant (on the FX4 trim).

Kudos to Ford for providing great OEM choices![headbang]

#473 ·
Got my new Focus Fanatics license plate surround...stoked! [strongman]

Haven't seen any others (or stickers for that matter) around SF yet though...

#474 ·
I've now had my Candy Blue Titanium Job 2 for over a month and a half and the car has been awesome.

I have just under 8000 on it and could not be happier with it.

I de-badged the Focus and Flex Fuel from the trunk, did a 20% tint on the sides and rear along with a 6" sunband, sportwing door moldings and Ford mud flaps and she looks great!

With the 18" sport package and the sharp paint this car has been getting allot of curious people checking it out.

I've had a few trying to figure out what it is with the Focus badge missing.

So far the only comments I would have for changes is to take the Titanium higher level and add a few more toys such as full power seat both sides, memory for mirrors and seats, rear ambient lighting, dead pedal and I would suggest a re-design the console for more knee room at the e-brake and eliminate the sharp seam.

Man does this car ever handle sweet. I was very nervous when I bought this car as I thought the power and handling would be sub par but it has proven me wrong. It wears the 160hp very well and puts it to the ground with decent factory suspension tuning and tire combination.

I need to get a picture of it. Been too busy driving it lol!

#505 ·
I've now had my Candy Blue Titanium Job 2 for over a month and a half and the car has been awesome.

I have just under 8000 on it and could not be happier with it.

With the 18" sport package and the sharp paint this car has been getting allot of curious people checking it out...
...The tranny was one of the big attractions for me. I like the power coupling of a manual but in city traffic I hate the clutch.

Put just under 1400 clicks on her yesterday and still puts a smile on my face all the way. When I was in stop and go for a few hours I was really digging the automatic clutch!
Congrats on sporting the Blue Candy Focus! [thumb] You've been racking up a lot of miles for just two months of ownership. I have a little over 5,000 miles on mine since purchasing it in late April. Remember to keep it well maintained with these: http://owner.ford.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Owner/Page/ServiceCouponsPage. DCT for the win! [:)]

I've had the focus for about two weeks now and love it more every day...The engine's not broken in yet, but I've been averaging about 31-32 mpg with about a 25%/75% mix of city/highway driving. Much better than the 20-21 mpg I was getting in the Charger. Hopefully this car and I will be friends for a long time.
Hey, Pottski! Remember to grab this badge and upload it to your favorite social media sites: http://social.ford.com/grab-a-badge/focus/yes/. 31-32 MPG is expected at first. I'm now getting an average of 34-36 MPG every time I'm in it. [giddy]

I have had my red candy Ti for a little over 3 months and 4,000 miles...The mileage is getting better each week and the sound system is unbeleivable. My wife mentioned to me the other day driving home from dinner that I'm acting like a teenager when driving this car. At 54, I didn't think that was a bad thing!
Thanks for putting your trust in us! [headbang] We never lose our teenage behavior; it's just bottled up. I'm glad the Focus is squeezing it out of you. I think you and your wife should go on one of these: http://social.ford.com/grab-a-badge/road+trip/.

I was getting out of my Focus at a grocery store yesterday and once again a guy walked up to me and said wow, nice car, nice colour. Here in Victoria slowly starting to see more them on the road.
The Focus is rapidly spreading everywhere; admirers will always be welcome! [:)] Next time it happens, send them to their nearest Ford dealer for a test drive. As a matter of fact, I'd check out some service info: http://www.ford.ca/app/fo/en/parts_and_services/service_your_ford/scheduled.do.

I keep getting people on the hwy that want to show me up so in a way that's a compliment if you look threatening in some way.

I was snapping some pics up at Red Rocks and had a few more "that's a Focus" comments. I'm heading up next week with my better camera and more time to take some "artsy" photos...
I was expecting to see John Tesh cruising in your Focus (Red Rocks joke)! [offtopic] Gotta say, I don't think you'll be able to get more "artsy" than taking photos at Red Rocks. Remember to make others drool right here: http://social.ford.com/.

I'm not going to lie. It's hard being 18 in this car. The teenager in me wants to drive aggressively. I pull up next to a civic, I beat it. Haha, yet the minuscule amount of adult in me gives me an OCD-like attitude towards its cleanliness and maintainance.
Believe me, your adult years are coming; enjoy being a teenager while you can! [cheers] However, if you treat your Focus right, it'll be good to you as well. If either side of you needs to add any accessories, check this site out: http://accessories.ford.com/.

In love with my new Focus! My first Ford (owned Honda and Audi in past)! So excited about it and had to share. :) traded in a 2006 Audi A6 for a beautiful 2012 titanium HB :) and I LOVE it!!!
Whoa, thanks for showing your support by coming over to Ford! Now, when can I take a spin in your Titanium? [shhh] Remember to share your love with other fans and enthusiasts: http://social.ford.com/.

Open up free Photobucket account...
This is a good way to do it. Always remember our Ford Social site too: http://social.ford.com/.

...I've been lurking on the forum for some time, but since I've just recently acquired a 2012 SE...

Just a couple quick questions for the better-informed! The manual indicates the break-in should last about 1000 miles with varying speeds; is there a range I should vary between?...

Also, I was suuuper excited that the seats fold completely flat on the Focus! I love this feature on my old Golf, and discovered the back seats flip up and the back rest fold completely flat. Perfect for storage!
Thanks for coming out of the shadows, craiger_bombs! [thumb] Congrats on your recent purchase too! I recommend driving at different speeds; vary it up and you'll be golden. This will enable your transmission to break-in each gear respectively. Good to read fold-flat seats are a necessity for you, just as they are for me. I have a ton of gear I transport and love the extra space.

Thanks to all for sharing your Focus love!

Happy driving,

Thomas

#475 ·
I've had the focus for about two weeks now and love it more every day. I was really skeptical at first because I really loved my Hemi-powered Charger and thought that I would be disappointed with the 2.0 I-4, but this car is so fun to drive that the power difference hasn't been an issue. I also love the fuel economy. The engine's not broken in yet, but I've been averaging about 31-32 mpg with about a 25%/75% mix of city/highway driving. Much better than the 20-21 mpg I was getting in the Charger. Hopefully this car and I will be friends for a long time.

#476 ·
I have had my red candy Ti for a little over 3 months and 4,000 miles. I went from an 03 Hyundai Sonata to the Ti. There is no comparison between the two cars. The Sonata was an excellent car. Had 145K miles with no major issues. Gave it to my son who is very happy with it. The Ti, however, is a lot of fun to drive. The mileage is getting better each week and the sound system is unbeleivable. My wife mentioned to me the other day driving home from dinner that I'm acting like a teenager when driving this car. At 54, I didn't think that was a bad thing!

Posted via FF Mobile

#477 ·
I am really digging my focus! I got the titanium wheels but I really like the 5 spoke 18" rims that were offered, oh well.

I ran a tank of E85 today and quickly found out the efficiency just isn't there compared to gas, so I think I will ditch the $0.11 savings per gallon and stick to gas.

#478 ·
You aren't saving $0.11 per gallon if you're getting much worse MPG which you would be as E85 has at least 30% less energy by volume than Gasoline, even E10 is pretty poor compared to E0, but its hard to find E0 anymore.

#480 ·
I have mine for two weeks now and I just love it. So much get up and go, especially on the highway....good gas mileage too. The dealer gave me a free fill up at 8 miles when I bought the car and I have only put one full tank in since and I'm at almost 800 miles. I didn't figure out the actual mileage but that's pretty darn good for mostly stop and go driving. I do have one question for anyone to answer, has anyone else experienced some clutch chatter on the first shift? I hear it with my windows down, it's like a clicking noise when the car shifts. Other than that it runs and shifts perfectly, my dealer told me that noise isn't a major concern....I just wondered if anyone else who drives an automatic hears it. One other question, my car has like 4 rubber flaps in front of each front tire...not sure what they're for but they graze the sidewalk when I back out of my driveway. Are those removeable or are they there for a reason?

#481 ·
Those are there for aerodynamic reasons, to help direct air away from the front of the tire when the car is moving along. You might remove them only to see your fuel efficiency be reduced. Not sure what percentage, but lets just say they were put there for a reason.

#485 ·
I keep getting people on the hwy that want to show me up so in a way that's a compliment if you look threatening in some way.

I was snapping some pics up at Red Rocks and had a few more "that's a Focus" comments. I'm heading up next week with my better camera and more time to take some "artsy" photos.

I think the Hatch has a mean looking wide stance but I do need get some Eibachs on their to drop it about an inch.

#487 ·
Yeah,other enthusiasts know the Focus is a little more serious right out of the box (the ST will move up the next step) but there was a reason I had to sell my 400hp Eclipse since I was a cop magnet back 10 years ago so I sold it for a Toyota 4Runner since there isn't cops off road and it's not exactly quick so I stayed out of trouble but I'm 44,married and have grownup insurance rates for a change so I avoid the ricer boys.
I do like an occasional fun drive in the twisties of our foothills but no racing.

#488 ·
I'm not going to lie. It's hard being 18 in this car. The teenager in me wants to drive aggressively. I pull up next to a civic, I beat it. Haha, yet the minuscule amount of adult in me gives me an OCD-like attitude towards its cleanliness and maintainance.

#495 ·
Get some Team Dynamics and then drop that sucker! :) Looks sleek.

I discovered the other day that I can load mp3s onto a USB thumb drive and get SYNC to play songs off of it instead of my Fruit Product. Now, if I could find out how to get it to still do Artist, Album, and Song sorting... Either way, super neat feature, and using it in Shuffle mode works well enough, though some sort of playlist file support would be amazing. Now I don't have to carry/leave a valuable piece of kit in the car, or my CD case.

I <3 my FoFo, and SYNC.

#497 ·
I just got from my first long road trip in the focus last week. It was about 500 miles each way and it got about 38-39 mpg both ways. I was pleased with this since I've got the bigger wheels and around where I live I'm getting in the low 30s. It was fun and comfortable to drive for long periods of time.

Even though I've had the car for 4 months now, I still see people coming up to check it out when it's parked. Like someone else said, people are always curious to know what it is since I debadged the focus but left the titanium. Even the guys at my detail shop, who see really nice cars everyday, said "wow, nice car!" when I went there.

#498 ·
I was a GM gal for years starting with a 97 Sunfire, 2001 Sunfire, 2007 G5 and then 2008 G5 GT. The list of annoyances with GM products for me is long and the way I was treated by the dealer last time sent me to the Ford dealer to trade my G5 GT in. It was a nice looking car but starting to have problems left and right. My new Focus seems to have a much better fit and finish and so far I am very happy with it.

#499 ·
Hey folks,

I've been lurking on the forum for some time, but since I've just recently acquired a 2012 SE, I figured I should sign up and contribute where I can!

Just a couple quick questions for the better-informed! The manual indicates the break-in should last about 1000 miles with varying speeds; is there a range I should vary between? I have a few trips coming up in August that will be 200-400km or so (300-600m), and I was planning on getting to 105km for about 50km, then increasing to about 110km for another 50km, then 115km, and back down. Does that sound like an acceptable break in, or do I need to vary the speeds more?

Also, I was suuuper excited that the seats fold completely flat on the Focus! I love this feature on my old Golf, and discovered the back seats flip up and the back rest fold completely flat. Perfect for storage!

Thanks everyone!

#507 ·
I gotta say: I've had my Focus for 18 days now, and have already taken it on the road (900 miles last weekend). At 2,300 miles, my '12 Sonic Blue SE/Sport Pkg/Winter Pkg 5-Door hasn't failed to put a smile on my face every time I take it for a drive. Thanks, Ford, for putting the fun back in driving!