Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Oh my god!

822 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Sharpening_Beneath 
#1 ·
Guages mod!

Ok, now I'm done trying this mod I saw on here. It's making the little mileage thingy blue. Only thing is, it's bright and sunny so I can't even tell how it came out until tonight! By the way, it's a pain in the you know what. Not to mention, it's scary messing with all those little electrodes or whatever they are. They're so flimsy and feel like they would break just by breathing on them. Anyway, if it works, I'll post some pictures tomorrow.

#4 ·
Like I said, I have to wait until tonight to see if it worked. I tried parking under trees and shading it, but that was no help whatsoever. Tonight I'll get some pics. How hard was it? It was actually easy getting everything out, a couple bolts. It's the black casing that surrounds the LED display that was a pain. I was just scared I would break something and my whole dash wouldn't work, but it still does.

#5 ·
Guages mod!

Alright, I got a pic taken. I think I did 2 things wrong. I used 2 pieces of blue electrical tape which causes a line to go right across the LED and it's not that bright, but it's better than that puke green.

#6 ·
I did that at first then I got a thin piece of blue plastic accross the back. Looks better. It is so fricken hard to get the tape lined up correctly. I'll post pics tomorow.

#7 ·
Definitely get some picks! What kind of plastic did you use? I've got to tweak mine a bit, but I'm waiting till I get my speedhut guages before I do that again. I'm ordering them next week when I get back from Cali.

Crap, I just noticed I'm almost out of gas too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.