Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1/4 mile times anyone?

6K views 30 replies 17 participants last post by  Fast Tuner 
#1 ·
I would like to know what others are getting as far as 1/4 mile times with their turbo focus.

I got a 14.92 at 93.7 MPH in

2001 Sedan
Lentech Auto with LSD
Internally Stock Zetec
Top Speed Turbo Kit
CFM 65mm TB on Y2K Manifold
Full 2.5inch exhaust
12psi of boost
Tom Tune

350lb Driver and 200lbs of stereo in the car.

I did this on my G-Meter, but supposedly it is very accurate.

Is that a good time?

Thanks,
Joe

#7 ·
I made 1 change since the last tune. I took the Air Filter off the turbo and piped it up into the fender well for cooler air. I am going to have to send you a log and have you check it.

I will email you sometime this month about it.

Thanks,
Joe

#6 ·
I have 17" 2004 SVT Wheels with new Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires. I had a little wheel spin off the line.

Current Modifications.

Brakes:

Rear M-2300-SVTFR Conversion Discs

Suspension:

M-3000-ZX3A Suspension

Massive Front Strut Bar

Massive Rear Strut Bar

CFM Front Frame Brace

Eibach Front and Rear Big Sway Bars

Prothane Poly Bushing Full Kit

Front Tubular Control Arms CFM

Dominant Eng:
Rear LCA set
Rear Camber Arms
Rear Toe Links
Rear Chassis Brace
Front Swaybar Links

Engine:

Internally Stock Zetec 80,000 miles

Tom Turbo Tune

Power Bastards Alternator

CFM 65mm TB

60lb Edlebrock Injectors

2K Intake Ported

OBX Fuel Rail

Silicone Cooling Hose Kit

Top Speed Turbo Kit

Garrett GT Turbo Upgrade

Diablo Sport Mafia

Screaming Demon Ignition Coil

Massive 8.5mm Wires

SP463 Plugs

Lentech Transmission w KAZZ LSD

Full 2.5" Exhaust

Steeda Driver Mount

Steeda Passanger Mount

CFM Lower Mount

Exterior:

Paint and BW

Wheels 17" 04 SVT

Tires Michelin Pilot Super Sports

POR-15 Under Coating

Hella Dynabeam Headlights

Euro Style Tail Lights

Grill

B2 Front Bumper

Pro DTM Rear Bumber Carbon Fiber

Pro Dtm Sides

Carbon Fiber Trunk Lid

Cobra Hood

Interior:

AEM Digital Wideband

AEM Digital Boost

AEM Digital Oil Pressure

Speedhut Pod Pillar

Leather Seats

Pioneer AVH-P3300BT

Audio Control Four.1I

Polk Audio PAD4000.4

Polk Audio PAD1000.1

DLS Nordica

DLS 428

12" Subwoofer IDMAX V.3

Dress Up:

Redline Hood Shocks

Massive Trophy Valve cover

I think thats it so far. New engine is on the stand in the garage and should be ready for spring.

#8 ·
That 550-600lbs of weight is going to make a huge difference. You've piled on sway bars and audio equipment that will only hurt your speed. You're basically trying to power a Mustang with a Focus motor now. [rofl]

Given the added weight, tires, boost, and transmission I say that's about right.
On my old turbo at 11psi mine ran 13.6 @ 102, but I weighed around 180lbs, pulled weight from the car, manual transmission, and drag radials.

Light is fast.

#9 ·
My car ran a mid 13: mods as follows
2004 ZX5 5-speed Gutted completely, even behind the dash
Stock Zetec with 50k miles
16G from EVO 11psi
Unfinished Tune
Stock 16s, stock tires

#10 ·
Yeah, you should definitely be running quicker than that. A 2.3 duratec with basic bolt-ons and a good driver can hit the mid 14 mark. A stock SVTf is in the low 15s.

Get yourself out to a proper drag-strip and get the real numbers from a few different passes. Be sure to record the altitude of the track and the temperature outside.

#11 ·
Low 11's anywhere from 125-128mph depending on DA, pump 93oct

#12 ·
11.38 @ 127mph on 15-17 psi with a 2.43 60' fully loaded car on drag radial street tires with sub and spare tire.. lol.. as i drive it on the street. that was about the best i could get my 60' down to. and didnt get to hit my high setting 25-27psi.. I think im a low 10 sec car if i could get some traction.. lol.. i spin almost through the first 1/8th mile.. haha

#13 ·
I've had my ZX3 at the track once and made 3 passes non of them were clean. I had problems with it not wanting to shift into 2nd right away and grinding going into 3rd, plus wheel spin in 1st & 2nd maybe even 3rd a little. I was on BFGoodrich g-Force T/A drag radials and my fastest pass was a 14.8 @ 105mph. Im planning on going back to the strip this month and hopefully get a clean pass and improve my time.

#15 ·
1/4 -13.6
60' - 2.3
trap -111 mph
tires - general G-max AS-03 UHP
boost- 23psi gt28rs

Could do better with more seat time but im not too fond of drag racing.
Need more twisties!

#16 ·
60ft: 2.1
trap speed: 103mph
1/4: 13.9
boost: 10psi holset hx35
This is not fully tune well only with base tune and im in el paso tx we are here 3800 ft obove sea level so low 13s on sea level easy with racing slicks (not drag slicks)

#17 ·
60ft: 2.1
trap speed: 103mph
1/4: 13.9
This is not fully tune well only with base tune and im in el paso tx we are here 3800 ft obove sea level so low 13s on sea level easy with racing slicks (not drag slicks)

#18 ·
Well I went to the Gateway Motorsports Park Friday night for the seasons last Midnight Madness to see if I could improve my times and well I didnt do so well. I didnt quite make it past the burnout box lol. I was doing my burnout and heard a loud pop, I didnt know what it was and the car was able to move up to the staging lights but it wouldnt move from there. Pushed it back to where me and my friends were at and jacked it up to find this

#26 ·
ive been meaning to ask, how much was the total cost of your lentech? and did you install yourself? Thinking of upgrading to bigger boost in the future.

#27 ·
I installed it myself.

The tranny was about $3,000 before the LSD. I sent them the LSD which cost me $1,175
SO now we are at $4,175
The installation of the LSD into the new tranny was an additional charge that I can not disclose because I made him an offer and whined a little to get it done.

So, I am not sure what he charges to do that.

I paid between $5000 and $6000 when all was said and done.

But I love it and it rocks.

Peace.
Joe

#29 ·
I have yet to run my car in the process of finishing the tune w Tom. FS Stage2 Kit, I built my own auto used the LevelTen bullet proof overhaul kit, FRPP big input shaft and heavy duty high stall converter. I can wait to see what mine runs this spring. Im guessing high 13s.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.