Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Everythings fine... But the clock

11K views 74 replies 36 participants last post by  FordIVTteam 
#1 ·
We have an SEL with MFT and several time a week we need to reset the clock. I'd think in todays age the clock could set itself. Anybody have any ideas as to why our clock keeps losing time?

Haven't found any other electrical/tech issues as of yet.

#4 ·
Not sure without getting on syncmyride, but I did the available update over the holidays and the clock is still acting up.

#6 ·
You would think a reliable clock would be easy, but mine goes in spurts where it will reset everyday, and then will be OK for the rest of the month.

I am on the newest MFT software, they say it's another one of it's glitches until the new version comes out. Sigh.....

They better make sure the new version is right because they are holding it up to "savior" status.

#7 ·
ok thats what I was afraid of. Isnt there supposed to be a major revision coming out soon like 3.0 or something?

I guess thats what you get for allowing Microsoft to have individual people working on lines of code without communicating with each other.

I personally would like to try and install android 4.0 in place of MFT... open source and Android SDK ftw.

#8 ·
This is an issue that is specifically mentioned as being fixed when we get our new software over the next few months. Mine has done the same thing twice but it hasn't happened in a while. I think it happens when the system maintenance borks itself. I agree that its pretty silly.

#10 ·
Go into settings and have the clock auto-set according to GPS, make sure your Daylight Savings Time setting is correct, and voila! My clock no longer loses time. Fixed this like 3 days into owning it.

#27 ·
my clock is ok, but the connect to wifi and set to our time zone, and turn on the auto adjust time function, the time will always off by one hour.
No that just means your Daylight Savings Time option (DST) is incorrect. Select On or Off, whichever isn't selected and it should be the right hour after.

#25 ·
My car every so often has then compass lock in one direction too. If I can, I get off the road and drive a 360 and the compass normally works again. Have you tried driving in a few tight circles?

#28 ·
Im a day in the past on my calendar. Been to the dealership once and was good till the next microsoft maintance update. then bad again.

#35 ·
Have you been to the dealer to see if this can be adjusted? Our Ford In-Vehicle Technology rep, Jaclyn, may be able to assist further. Be sure to shoot her a PM: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/member.php?u=87765. [:)]

I'd love to see Ford add the ability to sync the clock to the local cellular signal via bluetooth connection to your phone.
My thoughts exactly, this is what it should do.
That would be awesome and makes a lot of sense. Now a days even the clocks on TV and DVD players and phones update automatically. Why not our cars.
And imagine all of those using an iPhone and not being able to do the sync because of Apple's BT policy. [hatchet]
...although in the next version of the software it looks like they have an option of turning off sync with the erratic gps. Hopefully it comes out sooner rather than later.
If I am not mistaken, you can do this (turn off the time sync with the gps) in MFT since the v 2.11 (I had the car with this version before going to 3).
Hey everyone -

Sweet idea! [headbang] Please submit this suggestion on our Ford Social site: http://social.ford.com/. If you all have questions about this tech, please reach our IVT rep here: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/member.php?u=87765.

In the meantime, please look at our online owner's manuals for more info: https://owner.ford.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Owner/Page/OwnerGuidePage.

Have a good hump day,

Thomas

#31 ·
That would be awesome and makes a lot of sense. Now a days even the clocks on TV and DVD players and phones update automatically. Why not our cars.

#33 ·
The clock loses time because mft is a poorly programmed pos. There is currently no real fix, although in the next version of the software it looks like they have an option of turning off sync with the erratic gps. Hopefully it comes out sooner rather than later.

#34 ·
If I am not mistaken, you can do this (turn off the time sync with the gps) in MFT since the v 2.11 (I had the car with this version before going to 3).

#36 ·
Here I am, Thomas, you beat me to the punch! ;)

Hi everyone -

For those of you with a navigation system, make sure GPS Synchronization is turned on.

To do so, press the clock and select ON for GPS TIME SYNCHRONIZATION.

If this issue persists, and for those of you without navigation, I recommend having your dealership further investigate.

Jaclyn

#37 ·
My car is going into the dealership tonight for this issue. This will be the second time. I have been trying to do some self trouble shooting. It was fixed the last time untill the maintenance update occured. Now at 4:00 pm my time the calendar catches up. That means the caledar is 16 hours behind. It has something to do with the am and pm setting on the clock. I will update you more after I get my car back from the dealership. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

#41 ·
I did a lot of testing on this issue. The Calendar uses the GPS time to set the date. Unfortunately cars without Nav don't have a timezone setting, the calendar is set to UTC and will be off by 4 to 8 hours depending on your timezone. This is for the calendar only, the clock in non nav cars is not set by GPS, which is a major over-site, considering all cars have a GPS receiver.

#39 ·
I had an APIM replacement back in early June for other MFT issues, not the clock thing. Didn't do anything for my problem but hopefully it will work for yours. Report back your results. If it works, some of the others on here with the same problem may finally have an option for a fix.

#44 ·
Get used to it, there are lots more bugs where that came from. If they can't get the clock right I wonder if this product will ever function totally correctly.

#45 ·
And the answer is ...........ding!: Ford would not authorize tha replacement of the APIM. They told the dealership they are aware of the issue and working on it. They think it is a software issue. They dealership has my vin flagged for this issue waiting on Ford now. Tech says it usally goes by quarter(calendar) but he would check every two weeks for the fix. I assume it will come with the next update of the software. So now I wait.

#46 ·
Not to discourage you, but that the clock would be fixed and mft wouldn't crash anymore are the two big promises they gave last time that weren't true at all. Supposedly there is another update coming but I wouldn't hold my breath - my guess is November and for every 1 thing they fix they'll screw up 3 more things.

#47 ·
Well I will keep my fingers crossed. I heard Microsoft and BSquare(people that wrote the user interface fo MFT) were not having a great relation ship with each other on the last update. I heard two rumors on this. 1. Ford fired BSquare and hired a Microsoft team to fix the MFT software issues. 2nd was Ford formed a team with them, BSquare and Microsoft to resolve all the issue. Not sure what is the real story but I just hope it works. We will see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.