Focus Fanatics Forum banner

what should i do on my 2010 focus ses?

9K views 52 replies 12 participants last post by  p58ff 
#1 · (Edited)
i just purchased a 2010 ford focus ses 4 dr. Its my first car ever and i want it to look cooler and make it faster but as a college student i dont have a lot of money to be putting in for any expensive mods. i just recently tinted the windows as well. Any other things that i could do to make it look more sporty and cooler. and also performance mods that would increase the speed for not that much money? any help would be great thank you!
im new to this car expirience sorry if i sound like an idiot..[???:)] thanks for any help again [:)]

http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o729/steven_marquez0324/My Focus/photo2_zpseec6b10f.jpg

this is my focus pictures. anything i can do to make it look cooler like i said? thanks :)

See less See more
#2 ·
Post up a few pics so we can give you some better pointers as to design changes. But for performance , you could make a cheap cold air intake for about 40-50 bucks , or buy one from steeda or fswerks , also a catback exhaust would give you minor gains as well . It will be very far from a racecar but those mods will wake it up and i do believe your " butt " dyno will approve!

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk 2

#4 ·
Well imo it already looks pretty crisp , maybe tint the tails and 3rd brake , and remove that last badge on the rear and it would look extra sweet . A lowering would really set it off but thats $$$ so unsure if its an option . Also those eaps look great on there , i wouldnt change those , except maybe plast-dip them black

#7 ·
For now you could remove the resonator on the airbox. It's free and provides a more aggressive sound from the intake.

Unfortunately there's not a ton of parts available for our cars so stuff can be expensive. The most common mods are -

Intake (FSWerks, Steeda, K&N, C-F-M)
Header (F2, OBX, FSWerks)
Exhaust (FSWerks, Magnaflow, Trubendz, MBRP)

There are 2 prominent tuners around here, Tom (Focus Power) or Randy FSWerks) to get everything running in harmony.

You could get the front lip, or the whole body kit, from 3d Carbon. It's more aggressive without being tacky like some body kits.

#19 ·
Please do not tint your tails!! you already have dark chrome tails that give a sleek look... many members including myself have purchased the dark chrome ones rather than the shiny bright chrome ours came with... Don't ruin your sleek ses dark chrome parts by doing tacky things like that lol

#20 ·
haha alright i was still debating on that.
anything you think i can do on the exterior or interior? its all stock on the interior.
and whats a good performance mod that actually does something like increase speed for not that much money? anythign helps. thanks.

#22 ·
I am in the same situation like u. I was a college student and couldnt do anything to my focus. so for the interior I just put seat covers that looks like racing seats. people actually think that they are real so its an affordable way to make it look nicer.

As for performance wise, cheapest thing to do is the Cold Air Intake, at FSWERKS its like a $200 system. and if u want an exchaust it will be like $400. I am just roughly estimating on the prices. Lowering it alittle will give it a way better look but that cost ALOT more money.

btw the plasti dip rims make the car look nice. and I just think of it like our cars were already kinda upgraded with the rims, headlights, tail lights. so it has a sporty look already.

Another way u can make your car look nice is if u put HIDs

#24 ·
yea its kinda hard to save money especially when the semester is coming up.. what kind of seat covers do you have? any pics of them?

yea i really want a cai but im not so sure how to do it on my own..

thanks the plasti dip came out surprisingly good. yea it was which is good for us because less things to do to it lol

#23 ·
I think the only way it would look nice with hids is if it is a PROPER retro-fit , otherwise its just a danger to others on the road . Also if you want to wake that engine up a teeny bit for cheap , you can do whats called the " stealth " cai . If interested in the cai feel free to pm me and i can help you out a little. Btw , when i say cheap i mean about 50 bucks depending on your filter choice.

#26 ·
You can get the Ford Racing suspension kit for ~200 bucks. It'll give a nice ride and a 1.5 inch drop.

Ask discussed earlier the FSWerks cai is a great mod along with an exhaust.

I would start with those three mods.

#31 ·
And just a heads up before you start hearing that tousley ford parts no longer carrys the kits, they do. They ran out at one point but now show to be in stock again(=

go to tousleyfordparts.com
click on the ford racing button on the lower left of the screen
click chassis
click suspension-focus
You will need the M-18000-ZX3B which is the shocks and struts and the M-5560-ZXM1 which is the springs.

Links for tousley don't work on ff so that is why I gave you the process to get there lol

#32 ·
Do the 3D Carbon Kit! I got my kit for $442 shipped and got the pieces painted and an alignment for $200 (this was under the table at the dealership my mom works at). It is the best thing I have done to my car. A couple of my friends were like dude we can't believe you bought a grandma car and it looks like this now!

old rims

new ses rims, excuse the dirt!

#40 ·
its so dirty [mad] but i guess i know what my car will look like with a 3dcarbon kit. thanks lol

#33 ·
While you got a spectacular deal on the painting price, it will be very expensive for others to have theirs painted. For the front lip alone to be painted was going to be over $150 anywhere I went. Unless a member gets very lucky like you did they will easily pay more for having the kit painted than the $442 for the kit.

#39 ·
lower it

buy an intake (tune is recommended)

paint the outline of your tails

purchase an exhuast (these cars aren't mine. my exhaust is not made anymore so it'd be pointless)

keep the ses badge

i wouldn't plastidip your wheels because...well i'm against it. but this is what they would look like black

^^^this is the frpp kit everyone is recommending

tip: the buy-sell-trade section is your friend. I haven't hit $1000 in mods and i'm in college so i know how you feel. only thing I've bought brand new is my springs. happy modding. and if you have any questions or would lke more suggestions feel free to pm me. or anyone you wish. hope it's a manual. good looking car.

#42 ·
lol i know, i've seen it. just the woes of living northeast :( thankfully it hasn't snowed here (yet)

#46 ·
mmm okay okay, i have exhaust so I couldnt actually notice any difference sound wise, i do feel it a tad snappier. Well at least I think i took out the resonator. Is it the long tube on the right side of the airbox? Its a no end tube, hold on with a bolt.

What would be the cons of removing this tube?

And by drop in filter do you mean for example a kn air filter?

I would do intake but i live in a country were i probably will pay another 300 bucks so customs can let me have it. Dominican problems....

#47 ·
Yes the resonator is that long weird bent tube thing sticking out of the drivers side of the stock intake you are correct. I had 0 cons when I took mine off, it didn't seem to run any better or worse it just changed the noise. I never noticed any issues and I had it removed for 5+ years.

And yes I mean a K & N filter, if you can't get a full intake then a K & N filter will benefit you just fine. (Sorry to hear about customs that must be hard to deal with)

#50 ·
Perfect!! Im excited. Itll be a good change.I have a flexback system. Straight piped with a resonator, probably gonna add another resonator to silence it down. If i add the kn filter itll be more beastly haha! Thank you for your time again!

And yes, ill be aware of it, im pretty caring for car parts that need it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.