Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Lunch box mod (new exhaust tip)

58K views 195 replies 55 participants last post by  Thugology101 
#1 · (Edited)
Cut the lunch box off the back and had a new tip welded on, tell me what you think

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Automotive exterior

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Hatchback

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Automotive tire

See less See more
#35 ·
I paid about $90 bucks for this... most of the cost was just for the tip its self

And for drone while driving, while getting up to speed you hear the exhaust but once you get to like 60-65 mph your barely hear it ...

#38 ·
And another added to the LB Delete. And I love it! Not ricey at all! Just a rich deep exhaust note. And at cruising speed, you can't even notice it at all. PERFECT!

(Yeah my tips are a bit large, but that's all they had that looked decent. Picked it up on eBay for $17 shipped)

#56 ·
Finally got around to taking one. Sorry for the delay brother.

I painted my pipes with VHT. You can see all the way to the right the hanger mount where the muffler used to hang.

The "lunch box" muffler BEAST!

#42 ·
I got my answer. It will not affect inspection. However this just may be loud enough to get me a ticket. I think I'm going to need a stealth exhaust in this great state.

#43 ·
I have done this mod. And would say a stealth exhaust is 4 times louder than this mod. It's actually quite quiet. And all but a whisper cruising at 2k. Just enough to give this 4 banger some life without making it something it's not.

What do you say RED?

#44 ·
Imho it is just a little louder then stealth exhaust but it isntbad I have put over 1000 miles on it and it is fine with me.

#46 ·
I was going to edit, but why not a fee bump! [:D]

So I was taking into consideration what volume this would be in the city. Took a cruise around downtown, and I'd agree with RED. It is louder. Guess I'm too used to the Chevy 350 with 3 inch short pipes and Flowmaster muffler. lol

#47 ·
Well a 350 is always going to be louder lol

I still think until an actual catback comes out this works well lol

#49 ·
Do you have a phone that you can download a dB meter on? I'd be interested in knowing what the actual level is (idle) at the tip. What I don't understand is every car I've had has only had 1 muffler and not this loud. Why two and why is the effect so great removing one? Even if it doesn't give an hp increase you're still cutting what, about 15-20 pounds? Every little bit helps.

#59 ·
Thanks. The audio is from RED however. I think he mentioned $65 for his. My favorite muffler shop had me fixed up in 15 min for $37. Plus the tip I purchased off eBay for $17. So that's $54 for me. I LOVE the way it sounds!!! I favor it over the FSWerks actually. I HATE a raspy ricey exhaust grumble and pop. This is all low and throaty. If it wasn't for the performance side of things, I'd just stick with this. But she'll do for now. Thanks again RED for taking the first steps!!! [thumb]

#64 ·
I would go ahead and do it, sounds great and its a cheap mod the looks and sounds good.

#66 ·
Just voids the warranty covering the exhaust itself, doesn't effect the power train warranty at all

#74 ·
I just took mine to a local exhaust shop that I have used for a few years, told them what I wanted and took less then an hour.

Now if your handy and got the tools to do it, its not very hard

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.