Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Focus roof rack?

7K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  02fordsvt 
#1 ·
So I would like to purchase a roof rack for my zx5 for hauling my snowboards, canoe and bikes. I honestly have no clue where to start. Any ideas for brands or where to start?

#4 ·
Yakima or Kona. The only two so far that I have worth worrying about.

I have the Yakima which I really like because it can be removed or installed within minutes and you don't have to put any holes in your roof like most eBay racks. Here's a picture.

And a picture with a fairing. Sorry about all the mud, it's the best picture I have with the fairing on.

#6 ·
It should. It's two door mounts and two that go in the hatch area right? The hatch, body, and roof line are all the same for Zx3 and Zx5. The only differences are the extra doors on the side.

#14 ·
I have a Thule roof rack on my '04 ZX3 and love it. You pay out the ass for a quality roof rack, but if you are going to use it much it's a good investment that you can move to your next car as well. My girlfriend works at REI so I got 30% off and I think I still paid around $700 or so including snowboard racks and bike mounts.

#20 ·
What is a good roof rack for the sedan? I wouldn't use it much but I want one thats fairly easy to install and looks good. I think they look cool, thats really why I want it.

#21 ·
Yakima would still work for a sedan and you even get to skip buying the stretch kit so it would be less than what we have to buy for the hatches. There are cheaper Ebay option to but most won't look as good as an upper market brand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.