Focus Fanatics Forum banner

CD player finally died - looking for some advice

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  sam fisher 
#1 ·
(hoping this is the right place to ask this)

My 2006 Focus CD player (single CD) died a couple months ago. Made some dying droid noises, and now won't play anything.

I've seen a few places online selling replacement players for cheap (and apparently need to have Ford activate it as well), but that still doesn't solve my other issue - no MP3 player connectivity.

Is there a good replacement (and not that expensive) stereo for my Focus that has MP3 player connections? Is there a way to modify mine to handle an MP3 player (and just forgo CDs entirely like the rest of the civilized world?)?

Any advice would be great. This seems like a forum filled with knowledgeable enthusiasts!

#2 ·
First off, welcome to Focus Fanatics!

Second, just about any ol aftermarket radio should work to play mp3's. It's the head unit that was restricting your ability to previously. I Got my stereo from crutchfield, it's really nice .it was like 120 for a really nice Sony head unit that can play mp3s and stream Bluetooth media! It even comes with an adapter to fit an aftermarket radio.hope that helps!

#6 ·
options I liked were RDS, so when I'm listening to the radio I can see what the hell the song is called and who plays it.

MP3, USB/ipod.
Bluetooth would be nice so I could use Pandora.

Crutchfield is nice.

#8 ·
That's everyone! Got a nice system (sounds great) from Crutchfield and was a breeze to install.

Probably a weird question, but is there any reason to keep the broken stock stereo? Like maybe when reselling the car, some people would rather have the original parts (even if broken - I would definitely disclose this) rather than something added?

#9 ·
I held onto mine, but I have all my stock parts still for the most part. If its broken though, I'd say go ahead and toss it. If you really want to put it back to stock when/if you sell it, go to a junkyard and pick up a new stock one. Or i'll sell you my stock 6 disk changer for cheep cheep cheep lol.

Crutchfield rocks!! :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.