Focus Fanatics Forum banner

WOuld you buy SCT for your MKII and what would you pay?

• Yes, with a minimum cost of $1,000 USD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, with a minimum cost of $800 USD

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Yes, with a minimum cost of $600 USD

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Yes, with a minimum cost of $400 USD

Votes: 22 59.5%
  • no

Votes: 9 24.3%
Status
Not open for further replies.

Would you buy a tuner from SCT if it were available?

3K views 26 replies 15 participants last post by  dyn085 
#1 ·
Simple question that should have been brought up 2 years ago ...

You get 1 vote and I've included price points.

It isn't public, so you can be a cheap-ass or silver spoon.

#2 ·
Yes, not only would I buy a tuner from SCT for my 2.0L Ti-VCT Focus, but I would use it to get a custom tune from my local SCT-authorized tuning garage, of which there's one half-an-hour away from me. I would also spend additional money on other parts for my car.

The bottleneck is SCT. We're waiting.

#6 ·
Yes I would. I want tuning and I almost bought it when we thought SCT was for sure releasing tuning. Ill probably end up getting the device through focus-power as well as a custom tune :)

But lets be honest, I'd probably buy whatever device from whatever reputable tuning company comes out with an actual tune first.

#11 ·
I know being realistic around here isn't popular but how many people honestly think a tune is coming from them. I'd hope ANY tuners would see a poll like this with a real demand and step up to the plate instead focus(ha)ing on one single tuner.

How many companies stepped up with the 2nd gen Focus?

#12 ·
Tuning was available for the first generation mk1 for almost three years. I would know I was here then as well

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

#13 ·
Tuning was available for the first generation mk1 for almost three years. I would know I was here then as well
I was here back then as well and there were multiple tuners and tuning, not just SCT. I don't post here as often which can be seen by my post count, but I have been here since 04, and all I can say is the negativity now a days is ridiculous.

I had typed up this big response to all the people hating on the possibility of tuners and tuning for the MK3, but what's the point? Back in the day, people were more open about different modifications and tuning their MK1's then today. It just seems that most now are content with throwing some undersized wheels, and plasti-dipping their taillights (no offense) then taking the modifications further.

And for the record, I voted the $400, simply for the fact that is close to what I paid for my first SCT tune on my MK1. IMO the "no" option should never have been included because some people just are not interested in a tune so their opinion should not matter [dunno]

Emanuel

#15 ·
I have an in-cab tuner for my SuperDuty (PowerStroke) and it cost just over 400-ish. So I voted that, it seems like a reasonable price point to me.

#17 ·
Yeah I don't care who makes the tune, I just want one...

Emanuel

#18 ·
+1.

I just want a tuner. I don't care who makes it, so long as it's a quality product and they have a dealer/local tuner network I have access to. I just recently slapped on my performance parts, and while I gained power, I know there's more left on the table because of a lack of a tune. As someone apart from the 'plastidip-all-of-the-things-LED-strips-everywhere-My-headlamps-give-me-10hp' crowd, I'd love to see more progress.

#19 ·
I did not vote no because I do not want a tuner. I voted no because I won't buy anything from SCT ever again.

I wish Sniper would offer products for the Focus again.
Posted via FF Mobile

#21 ·
SCT does not sell a 'canned' tune for the Focus like they do for many other vehicles.

Currently, SCT does not offer tuning on the Mk3 ECU excluding the ST.

If you have an 00-11 Focus, you can use an SCT tuning device with a custom tune.

#25 ·
This is TBD. We can estimate all we want but we wont know for sure until someone produces it and shares the results.

For comparisons sake, Superchips in the UK has developed a reflash for the 1.6l Ti-VCT in the euro market mk7 Fiesta. Here's a graph of the results...

Here are the quick specs that I'm aware of: The 1.6l has a 11:1 compression ratio and uses port injection. The 2.0l has more displacement (obviously), 12:1 compression ratio, and direct injection.
It's likely that we should see the same or better results, but we wont know for sure until we know for sure.

#23 ·
Chances are you would spend $400 on hardware, possibly more for proper tuning and get maybe 10-15 whp on a stock application. More, obviously, if you've got other upgrades.
Assuming, of course, that SCT unlocks the Mk3 ECU for tuning.

#24 ·
15+ easy with standard bolt-ons (intake, exhaust, header), not to mention all the other doo dahs like being able to set custom idle, tune car for certain gas, custom rev limit, early fan activation, disabling egr and o2 sensor when running race headers.

I mainly want the tune for the o2 sensor since I do plan on eventually getting the FSWerks header and the extra power/tq when tuned. Plus the fact that I've been hearing that the MK3 tend to run lean when bolt-on's are applied, I want a tune to correct it.

Emanuel

#26 ·
The tune is definetly about more than just the hp factor and those little add-ons do make a diff when applied correctly. I'm not going beyond an intake and exhaust so I doubt a tune would really benefit me and at this altitude we're hp limited to start so simple mods won't run my Focus on the lean side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.