Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Sync With Myford touch V 3.2 release coming soon

31K views 111 replies 42 participants last post by  FordIVTteam 
#1 ·
Well it looks like they are pushing it to the Taurus/MKS/MKT/MKX/Edge/Explorer and Flex first so the announcement isn't that helpful yet, they claimed to have resolved the following issues:

"Customers with the above referenced vehicles may experience the following concerns with their MyFord
Touch / MyLincoln Touch technology. The MyFord Touch / MyLincoln Touch Software Release v3.2 will address the following conditions and provide all previous performance upgrade enhancements:
*Missing radio preset text
*Radio stays on key off after opening the door
*Voice recognition inoperative - pressing the push to talk button on the steering wheel does not initiate audio prompt "please say a command"; only Listening icon is displayed
*Sirius travel link fuel prices show as unsubscribed when it is subscribed"

The bad news is they say "NOTE: The 2012 Focus and 2013 Escape are not a part of this TSB notification. The new software is still
undergoing testing and available updates will be subject of a future announcement."

This is per TSB 12-9-1. So it should be available soon, I believe the software is already available to the dealers, but they aren't supposed to put it on a Focus or Escape yet, but if its the same software why the hell not?

See less See more
#64 ·
It was just announced on the SMR forums that this update has actually been pulled off the site and that anyone who has downloaded it to their USB but hasn't installed it shouldn't install it.

I'm guessing the whole climate control thing where the inputs don't show up on the MFT screen although they DO adjust your climate settings is something that may be happening on all models, and not just the Focus... this is leading me to believe that it IS the exact same update version across all vehicles, but again, I'm not for sure on that point as I don't own any of the models listed for the update and don't know anyone who does.

#66 ·
Now, over on the SMR forums they say it's ready to download again.

http://boards.synccommunity.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=fordsyncmb&tid=5938

For those of you that did install the 3.2 software between the dates of September 7th and 10th, please be advised that it was released prematurely, but we don’t anticipate there being any issues with the software. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our In-Vehicle Technology team at 800-392-3673 (option 1 then 3) for additional assistance.

#67 ·
Does that mean they've fixed the issue for those that installed it within those 3 days? And if so, can I beta? ^_^

I'll just wait for one of you guys who already installed it to try this version (assuming it's different?)

#74 ·
I was wondering the same thing - I'm assuming build 12156 means the June 15, 2012 time stamp. That said, I've already tried messing around to see if there was anything sooner, but I got nothing. It might also not be V3.2.2? It might be V3.2.3 on a random July date.

...or it's the same software and build number and they just left a file out or something.

Who knows, I probably won't install it if climate doesn't work...

EDIT: Not that I EVER use the climate quarter of the touchscreen. I just don't want to have to explain it to someone else.

#75 ·
applink?

While I am happy to see an update to mft is coming... when will they roll out applink for the focus? Ford is on record saying it is coming.... but it doesn't appear like that is now. [sadpanda]

#80 ·
#86 ·
Just responded to that long post of yours and will do it again here. Your behavior with that rep was childish and immature. She's nothing more than a chat rep. She's not the one responsible for MFT, it's updates, or knowing anything about them beyond what her most likely automated help system tells her. And it sounds to me like you knew the answers you were looking for before even using the SYNC chat, that's even more childish, why do that to someone? She didn't know better, knowing the ins and outs of MFT and it's updates isn't her responsibility.

Next time, grow up and be an adult, and call Ford and talk to someone a little more relevant to your issues at hand than a basic chat rep. I'll post the same analogy here as I did there... you're just like all the people who get mad at the kid ushering in their movie theatre, and blame him for an issue in projection, which is an area he is CLEARLY not responsible for.

#87 ·
You neglect the fact that there is no way to converse with the people directly responsible for the crappy myford touch updates, thus the only hope of getting opinions and displeasure through to them is through their representatives like Tamika. It sucks but that's the role she's in. Her best move is to tell her superiors people are pissed off so they act and people aren't pissed off anymore. I'm not gonna be nice when I spent a lot of $$$ of my vehicle and still don't have applink. And yes, I know it won't be in this next update unfortunately and yes I was fishing and yes Tamika was deceitful. I think anyone who doesn't complain is just weak and asking for them to do nothing to improve the system because if they don't it saves them money. Unless they feel like its going to cost them future sales they'll be just fine with the status quo. Squeaky wheel always gets the oil...live with it. Thanks. Have a nice day.

#102 ·
Yeah, Jaclyn conmfirmed it for us:

Hi, everyone!

The software discussed in the article is version 3.5 and is exclusive to vehicles equipped with MyFord Touch. Most of you already have this installed, but for those that don't, the update will soon be available on SyncMyRide as a self-install.

Please note, if your vehicle's equipped with navigation, it will require the new SD card (A4) to function. You can see your dealership for this now, otherwise, starting in early January, you'll be able to order the card via www.SyncMyRide.com.

As a way of reinforcing our commitment to you, we're extending the warranty for MyFord Touch software and the SYNC module to a total of five years/unlimited mileage for 2011, 2012 and 2013 models of MyFord Touch-equipped vehicles.

Jaclyn

#103 ·
Yeah, Jaclyn conmfirmed it for us:

Hi, everyone!

The software discussed in the article is version 3.5 and is exclusive to vehicles equipped with MyFord Touch. Most of you already have this installed, but for those that don't, the update will soon be available on SyncMyRide as a self-install.

Please note, if your vehicle's equipped with navigation, it will require the new SD card (A4) to function. You can see your dealership for this now, otherwise, starting in early January, you'll be able to order the card via www.SyncMyRide.com.

As a way of reinforcing our commitment to you, we're extending the warranty for MyFord Touch software and the SYNC module to a total of five years/unlimited mileage for 2011, 2012 and 2013 models of MyFord Touch-equipped vehicles.

Jaclyn

#108 ·
Just wanted to add that my 5/7/12 build FF Ti HB has had no issues with MFT or DCT. I do look forward to any and all improvement, but I've been a happy customer from day one.

Streamlining some of the commands sounds great and I'll have to see if the Nav commands are easier and more intuitive -- the one issue I've had is the somewhat cumbersome way of selecting destination via voice commands...

Brian

BTW, 37.4mpg lifetime average at 12,500 miles...

#112 · (Edited)
Just wanted to add that my 5/7/12 build FF Ti HB has had no issues with MFT or DCT. I do look forward to any and all improvement, but I've been a happy customer from day one.
Streamlining some of the commands sounds great and I'll have to see if the Nav commands are easier and more intuitive -- the one issue I've had is the somewhat cumbersome way of selecting destination via voice commands...
Brian
BTW, 37.4mpg lifetime average at 12,500 miles...
This is great to hear, raptor1956! Thanks for sharing. :)

Jaclyn, do you have any insight into the upcoming SMR release vs. 3.5.1 in the TSB - can we expect any tweaks? I have 3.5.1 on my thumb-drive but don't want to install if there might be changes when the "official" self install is released. Thanks.
Hi, flingwing1969 -

The software currently available at the dealership is uniform to what will be released on SyncMyRide. Please note, we don't recommend installing the software from any source expect for a certified dealer.

Jaclyn

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.