Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Foglight installation help?

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  vermen1993 
#1 ·
So i have a 2000 ZTS that doesnt have fog lights and id like to have some but i dont really know how. The bottom grill doesnt have the cutouts for the lights and the headlight switch inside is not the right one for foglights. So i guess my question is can i cut the pre existing grill to make the holes or do i have to get a new one, also should i go to junk yard to get parts or try and have a dealer install them?

#2 ·
I just bought some aftermarket universal ones, and put them right behind my lower grille on my 2003. The performance is the same (if not a little better) and it looks really cool behind the grille like that. I wired them to their own switch.

#4 ·
#5 ·
[welcome] to FF [ffrocks]

Some Foci have the foglight pigtails already. Look behind your lower grille to see if there is any extra wiring hanging there, then all you would need is the headlight switch, grille for fogs and fogs.

If you don't want to buy that $89 ebay kit and would rather try to piece it together yourself for cheaper look here:

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=229873

Although, I don't think you can piece it together for cheaper than $89. That eBay kit is a good deal!

#7 · (Edited)
I paid about the $89 from rock auto and got stock fogs with stock grill. but I have the wiring there. I still needed a relay and headlight switch(which I already got)

Update:
the ones from rockauto turned out didn't come with the mount/adjuster bracket. Ford wants to sell the mounts as all seperate pieces for about $80 (brackets/screws/springs)

Got a set from JY off car-parts for $70 with bulbs shiped

#10 ·
You'll need a fuse, it goes in the engine bay fuse box if I'm not mistaken. Just figure out what type of fuse it is (I can't remember), and go to our local napa/ auto zone/ advanced and they'll have it, I believe it was about $8.50 total.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.