Focus Fanatics Forum banner

warneej's epic continuation build thread for the ZX3

223K views 194 replies 60 participants last post by  warneej 
#1 · (Edited)
**On-Going Thread Containing Updates Throughout!**

Got a list at least as long as my SVTf's to get this car ready for Carlisle...which is in less than 2 weeks...

-fix HIDs
-Repaint front mesh
-Replace front endlinks
-New bushings for rear endlinks
-Finish the catch-can and install it
-Remove rear stress bar and reinstall subwoofer/carpet
-Swap wheels
-Wash/clay bar/wax
-Interior detail/vacuum/shampoo
-Engine detail
-Rally letters for FR
-New AutoX magnets?

I have 2 days off in a row next week and a few short days here and there that I will hopefully be able to use to knock out the majority of this on both cars...wish me luck!

See less See more
#59 ·
They do but they're $$$ and don't have provisions for the airbag and seatbelt sensors...

nice **** seats!!!

oops, momo [;)]

j/k buddy, good work... i like the mounts.... those guys should design a splitter for me ;)

are they comfortable to sit in? looks like they might get irritating after a while... guess ill have to find out in daytona...
Seem to be way comfortable. The headrest is hard but that's scooped out to allow for a helmet. The butt and back cushions are quite, well, cushy even though the side bits keep you in place. The shoulder-holders are the best part. Unfortunately I probs can't make it to Daytona because of my cousin's wedding but Audra is still planning on going lol.

#58 ·
nice **** seats!!!

oops, momo [;)]

j/k buddy, good work... i like the mounts.... those guys should design a splitter for me ;)

are they comfortable to sit in? looks like they might get irritating after a while... guess ill have to find out in daytona...

#61 ·
^^I do when I already paid $350 for plane tix :/

Worked on the screen surround today, sanded and filler primered and sanded and primered and sanded. Decided to go with "Hammered Steel" paint color for it and laid down a few coats.

Still not totally happy with it :/

#65 ·
wellllll today isn't next Tuesday but they came in anyways so WIN for me [:)]

We were up in Brandon test driving the new fiesta and Joel sends me a pix message of the wheels lol.

Needless to say I was excited to get back!

vwvortex was good to you aye?

[rofl]

Oh yes, perfect timing too!

#73 ·
Other stuff I've been working on:

Reinstalled the center stereo/HVAC bezel bit after resanding, filling, and painting. I'm not super happy with it as I've said earlier but it'll do for now. Especially the color, its been flat/satin black for as long as its been modded but I decided to try out "HammR Steel" paint on it to see what it looks like. I might warm up to it, I'm not sure.

#78 ·
Thanks! I've noticed I now like the car from angles I didn't use to like it...

Its amazing how much the wheels are a part of the overall design image of the car

#89 ·
Thank you, I agree. And the HVAC deal is looking better every day [thumb]

wow those changed the look of the car!!!!!!!!!!!! no more polished lip, yyyaaaaaayyyyy!
I live to make you happy Rob [;)]

dude...wheels ftw.

i like them.
Spur of the moment decision turned out quite well...I like them too!

I'm a fan. Good decision man, they make the car look WAY less ricey ;)
Just trying to live up to your standards lol [thumb]

Mucho improved!
Much better!
Looks good buddy!!!! Quite a different look, sexy
Looks good evan. I love the wheels
Thanks guys, I can't stop smiling every time I look at them.

#84 ·
I'm a fan. Good decision man, they make the car look WAY less ricey ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.