Focus Fanatics Forum banner

MK3 Focus - Canadian Owners (How much did you pay?)

47K views 103 replies 65 participants last post by  dutd33 
#1 ·
Please post how much everyone is paying for their MK3 Focus. This will be useful for new members looking to purchase.

Include any special purchase plans, incentives or rebates. Also if you are paying at or below invoice please include that as well.

#65 ·
Advice please. It seems like most of these purchases are financed.

How much power does a buyer have buying in cash?

I have a relative who works at ford, and have a A plan PIN, but dealers are telling me this doesn't make a difference right now. This says I should wait until they drop the employee pricing.

0% financing ...I'm not that naive. If it is really 0%, then they should give me a discount for cash.

My conundrum: rental returns are now selling, and I see the exact same car with only 20,000 kms for $5,000 less than new. Why buy new when I lose $5000 as I drive off the lot?

#66 ·
because you'll be the only person driving it, who knows how many people/how these people dove the rental.

If the 5k is a big deal for you I guess you can take the chance at the used one, but I wanted to buy a new car [8D]

#69 ·
I would no expect a better price on the car because one is paying in cash, in fact, the opposite. One of the buying tips I have seen many times is that, if buying cash, not to mention it until having agreed on a price for the car and even letting the salesperson think you will be financing. There is money to be made by Ford Financial and the dealership on financing, whether the salespersons makes commission probably depends on the dealership and I wouldn't expect the salesperson to be honest about it.

Since most people finance their cars, 0% financing is just another incentive, albeit one with a psychological component since people might attribute greater utility to borrowing at 0% rather than saving on the price of the car and then paying interest on their loan.

#70 ·
So the quick answer is that paying cash rules on both fronts.
While the employee discount is one price, the value of my trade-in magically increased $1500 with cash.
However, in the end, I bought a used SEL hatchback with only 18,000KM, and every option except Nav.

The car is 6 months old, and it devalued 30%. The dealer could not sell the car, because of the 0% purchasing right now at Ford, versus the 5% on used vehicles. Right now the average Canadian is so far in consumer debt, people are really only buying with 7 year financing.

0% is a gimmick, the interest may be "zero" but the purchase price is higher.

So the experience is the same as I had in 2003, it really makes sense to buy a used current model year car, not new, the difference is that you let someone else take the 30% haircut. Also, all those options that drive up the price on a new car are only worth a fraction used.

#72 ·
Hey guys im looking at getting a 2012 focus, This is the one. Link to Dealer page Now after talking with them a bit they say that they can get it to me for a total of $31,068.24 which breaks down to this $27,268.00 after employee pricing plus $449.00 safety and Sec. Pkg plus $22.50 tire tax, plus $3328.74 tax. now do you guys think i should be able to get this price down?

Oh also here is the
Window Sticker

#76 ·
Well I just placed an order for a

2012 SE Hatchback
Automatic(1250)
203A package(1150)
Winter package(350)
Extra winter tires and rims(free)

used X-plan(-840), ambassador program(-500), discounts(-4250)

He told me my out the door cost will be $21200 but I haven't seen or signed any paperwork yet.

#79 ·
2013 Ford Focus SE hatchback with:
5spd manual
Equipment package 201A
Luxury package (I wanted the moonroof and didn't mind leather)
Winter pack

Dealer threw in mudflaps, tints, all season mats, and rear cargo tray.
Also underbody coating and rustproofing
5yr/120,000 warranty

$27,700 on the road

#81 ·
So guys, I don't know did everybody include the GST and the other provincial taxes. Because if you did It seems that I paid a lot more than you.
Focus Titanium Yellow Hachback, 401A, 18" rims, luxury package, Navigation. It was Septermber 2012.
The price with the all "ford" taxes was 27.777 CAD. and 31.937 CAD after GST and the provincial taxes.
34.468 CAD with warranty 6 years 120 000km.

443 CAD per month for the car + 34 for the warranty = 477 CAD per month for 6 years.

#82 ·
How much was your warranty? It seems like you paid a lot for the extended warranty

Did you buy during a promotion? Promos help you save a lot

Ultimately, don't be too fussed about how much other people paid. As long as you were within your budget...and even if you weren't, if you are happy with your purchase, that's all that matters

#85 ·
The warranty 1900 CAD
+ Service fee 199 CAD
+ 85 CAD Wheel lock
+15 CAD recycling taxe for the new tires
==============================
2114 + GST and QST = 2430.58

This was the aditional payment.

And yes that was supposed to be a promotion, during the employee discound promotion period.

I know it is very important to be happy with the car and with the purchase, but if you undertand later that they lied to you it is not that easy to be happy :)

Cheers

#88 ·
2012 Titanium Sedan; 28,000kms. No sun roof, No power seats, No park assist, No navigation , No floor mats, No mud gards. $16,750 plus taxes and outrageous Ford dealer fees. Had to fight for the $250 the dealer was supposed to reduce price for my participation in BC's ScrapIt program for my old beast. All buyers should beware of various fees.. advertised prices have to include some of them but when Ford (or any) dealers are "dealing" they are allowed to quote a price without specifying these ripoff, money-grabbing fees, which they reveal only when you think you have an agreed price.

#89 ·
When I negotiated price for my car I made sure to only deal "all in." I didn't discuss the amount unless it included ALL extra fees and made it very clear the prices we were discussing would be the numbers I write down on the cheque. It made it much less confusing and much more satisfying to say "Ok, $25,000 and I'll buy the car right now." And that's exactly what happened.

Obviously it's important to know what the break down of their extra fees and services charges are, but they should be the same regardless of what the negotiations are.

#91 ·
Yelllow Blaze Hatch

Hello forum members! Just purchased a Yellow Blaze Titanium hatch with 14800 km for $19,888. Loving it so far. It has the vision group, rear parking sensor, rain sensitive wipers, SST and Navigation. The dealer would not budge on the price but give a little on my trade (2005 Aveo LT Hatch)

#92 ·
Platinum White Tri-Coat, SEL, cloth seats and no MFT I paid approx. $24,000 and change after taxes. I have to pay 4.96% financing through RBC though. :(

The 2013s were 0% financing so I'm kind of regretting not going with that though. Not sure if it would have saved me more money in the end but I might've ended up paying for more if I got a 2013 because of the way the packages and features are set up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.