Focus Fanatics Forum banner

How much did you pay for your SVTF ?

474K views 887 replies 622 participants last post by  felixthecat 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok their are people on here selling their cars people on here looking to buy cars lets find out how much current owners paid for their SVT. me first

2003 comp orange euro
32,126 mi.(at time of purchase)
asking $13,900
paid $10,800
purchased 03/06
after 2k down $8,800 +tx,t,&l

Reactions: Joshuasvt
#732 ·
2002 SVTF/Sonic Blue/Cold Weather Package/Black EAP wheels
Purchased from a used car lot with 91K miles and a brand new OEM clutch (with the receipt from Bloomington Ford)

After showing him the private party KBB value of the car I printed & brought with me to help in negotiating the window sticker of $7,999 they had it marked at. I pulled out $6,000 cash in $100 bills and told him "take it or leave it" because I have 3 more lined up to look at and I know these cars. He had to go consult with his Manager, came back & said let's get the paperwork done.

Just goes to show when buying a car or for that matter anything else "cash in hand talks" and gets you a much better deal.

#736 ·
Just got my first SVT yesterday!

2003 SVT EAP
Infra-Red/Red Interior
stock with every option except the cold weather package/recaro seats
59k miles

Some dings and scratches here and there (and front plate holder [:(!]) but no serious damage. Frame and engine compartment totally clean, nice interior.

List price was 8,988
Got it for just under 7,500

I know I probably overpaid a bit but I was worried I'd regret passing it up. It's a little harder than I expected to find unmolested SVTs with that kind of mileage.

#737 ·
2003 SVT
CD silver with blue interior
stock everything but sound system
no fancy traction options.
45k miles, bought 6 months ago

clean title, just a little ding in the hood, busted original suspension, the original owner cut the front suspension springs, the electrical system was a mess as the guy had after market sound system with amps and stuff... clutch was slipping like mad, was resurfaced with bronze pucks on the same oem disk, passenger mount was blown.

other than that it was ok.

paid 5k for it, so far Ive spent 2k on parts so I guess its an ok price?

#738 ·
2003 Pitch Black Svt

The good

Cold Weather package
Hid Machs
New clutch
New mounts
New battery
Kicker L7
Memphis Audio 1000w Amp
New front Struts
New Brakes
No performance mods

The Bad

6inch crack in the front bumper
3inch crack in the rear bumper
5 quarter size dents in ds quarter panel

Got it for 1500 bucks

Plus the drive back and flight to get it. 300bucks.

Total cost: 1800

Sent from my JailBroken iPhone.

#739 ·
I got a 03 comp orange svt. got it with 108k, new clutch around 90k. it will need timing belt kit, a new tire and a alignment, and new dog bone bushings. 1 interior light doesnt work, fog lights dont work, drivers heated seat doesnt work, a previous owner tried shortening the shifter and it comes off if you dont push down when shifting. got it for 4k and he paid tags place.

#740 ·
got mine used

Focus SVT pitch black.
audiophile/sunroof
red/black interior.
purchased on September 28 (3 days after birthday)
68,000KM, NOT MILES on it.
dent in door and bumpers were used as parking bumpers. previous driver was straight off the boat Asian. surprised the clutch was perfect.
paid 6,900.00$ CAD after owner paid 1,400.00$ for a vehicle safety.

#741 ·
Bought in octoberish 2012

SVT infrared
red/black interior
CWP
80k miles, clean title/carfax 2 owners local car
Paid $5900
Had CFM TBi, AEM CAI, magnaflow cat-back, ford racing (EAP, but caps ford racing) black wheels, euro grille, MSD coil/wires (which just died recently and replaced with oem)hawk pads and slotted rotors.

No real maintenance issues other than timing belt and clutch needing replaced here soon. Already bought south bend stg 1+ alum flywheel to do that. Also installed koni's and camber/caster FSwerks plates.

I'm very happy with the car, I had a 00 zx3 infrared as my first car in HS and lusted so badly for an SVT, even test drove a new one at the local dealership. Real nice to finally own one, for cheap-ish without a nasty car payment haha.

#742 ·
I bought mine for $5500 back in October of 2011 from a private seller. It had 88,000 miles on it then. I probably could have talked him down a little more but I missed some things when inspecting the car that I had to find out later the hard way. Oh well, after a bit of maintenance it's in good shape now. Still really pleased with the car and I'm about 100 miles from 100k!

#743 ·
2004 Focus SVT

I paid 11500...I have spent 19k for new suspension, brakes, rotors, wheels, exhuast, quaife, roll cage, sound system and radar detectors and diffusers, 5 point harnesses...I spent another 14k with TOM for a new complete motor top to bottom with a 20 psi turbonetics setup, new stage 4 clutch and alot of tuning...currently puts 355 hp to the wheels...so in total

______
44500....I wont ever sell it...

#744 ·
Bought mine for 7600
Asking price 11,250
Miles 56000
Trade 2200 (lost 300 on it after a year of driving[grinking] )
Down payment $1500
Lots more to come in the future

#745 · (Edited)
First SVT:
2002 sonic blue all available options for that year. Later put on HIDs
Purchased summer 2006, 36k miles.
$10,250 private party

Second SVT:
2004 CD silver all options including euro and HIDs. New timing belt, new tires, newer pads. Warped front rotors. Clutch a bit worn but perfectly driveable. EDIT, Also brand new windshield as previous one had been cracked from a rock hitting it.
Purchased Oct 2012, 120k miles.
$4200 private party

#752 ·
I paid $4600 for mine last year. 2003 ZX5 in red, HIDs and audiophile (aftermarket stereo/amp). 171k on the clock when I bought it, but very well maintained. I was weighing it beside a yellow with EAP, but the mods did it for me: Borla exhaust, Steeda STS and knob, Eibach springs, AEM intake, Focus Central UDP set, 65mm throttle body (FC or Steeda, haven't confirmed), new pads and rotors (drilled/slotted), poly driver mount, poly dogbone mount (bushings upgrade). It wasn't a deciding factor at the time, but having kids, the ZX5 is perfect for me.

#756 ·
A 2002 Sonic Blue SVT with 57,000 miles.

I got mine for $7,500 in Louisville. Dude wanted 8, but thankfully talked him down after finding out it had some troubles. He didn't understand up-keep, it seems. Needed a new set of tires, wheel alignment, throttle sensor, and an oil change.

There wasn't much done to performance, like, AT ALL, but it did have a lot of nice aesthetics. Your typical ricer.

Full Cervini auto body kit, CO2 purge kit, blue underglow kit with bass-matching option, momo shifter and 17" rims, PS2 for front and backseat screens, full Alpine system with touchscreen reciever and two 10" subs, AEM cold air intake, 25% window tint,

It's a beautiful car, no doubt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.