Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Sway bar

6K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  roswelltop 
#1 ·
Looking to install upgraded rear sway bar. Eibach or steeda which is better choice?

#6 · (Edited)
Steeda or whiteline are excellent options steeda kit includes replacement bushing and mounts and white includes only replacement bushings while using the factory cover mount.

I personally run steedas 24mm bar and can says it is perfect in my eyes. Bar has been on my car since January and has functioned perfectly. Only thing I have had to do to it is apply new grease to it

I have autoX a the spring summer and fall session of autoX a total of 14 races so far and have had no problem, plus I have been on 3 track events at NJMP and have not had any problems after that either. I would say my steeda is doing an excellent job and I'm not concerned about it breaking anytime to soon.

#7 ·
Eibach also comes with replacement bushings and mounts.

I believe the major difference between Steeda and Eibach is that Steeda uses welded ends and Eibach uses stamped ends. Also, the Eibach bar is hollow, while Steeda's is solid.

The Eibachs have stamped ends, while our's have billet ends that are welded on, which are stronger. Stamped ends are more likely to fail under stress as the stamping creates many tiny stress fractures.

#10 ·
I believe the major difference between Steeda and Eibach is that Steeda uses welded ends and Eibach uses stamped ends. Also, the Eibach bar is hollow, while Steeda's is solid.
You are correct that Steeda uses welded ends, but the Steeda bar is tubular, not solid.

#9 ·
Not hard at all should only take a half hour to do the rear. The front will take a little more time because there is more to remove.

Is steeda bar solid or hallow. I was under impression it was a hallow bar and whiteline was a solid bar

#18 ·
I couldn't make it out from the first few posts, does the Focus come with either a front or rear sway bar stock? I've been debating this mod for some time.

#22 ·
Does this just make it safer to take corners at higher speeds? Or to not spill your groceries over... lol.

#24 ·
You might want to consider the RSB from Ford Racing for the Focus. I bought the kit (springs, shocks, struts, RSB (did NOT install FSB due to all the comments found in these forums). Very happy with results. Installed by Ford techie.

Re warranty: perhaps I am living in a dream world, BUT if an authorized Ford dealer does any kind of work on the car, I just can't comprehend how any resulting problems from that work will NOT be covered, either by Ford, or by the dealer.

QUESTION: has anyone actually had the experience of being denied warranty coverage as a result of alterations to their Ford which were made by an authorized Ford dealer? I am NOT talking about a "what if" question posed to a service advisor. I am asking about an actual occurrence. Enquiring mind wants to know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.