Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus

888K views 2K replies 468 participants last post by  PrDawg 
#1 ·
Well purchased my brand new 2012 Ford Focus on May 21, 2011. My vehicle had to be ordered and was delivered to me on May 24th. Upon driving it, I found that when I would come to a stop and push the gas to go, it would sputter and hesitate. I have been dealing with it for over 2 weeks and decided to contact my dealership.

I took the vehicle to the shop on June 3rd. The tech drove with me and felt exactly what I was talking about. He stated that he had to put it on the computer. Within 30 minutes, he came out with a piece of paper stating 2012 Focus automatic transmission shudder. Some 2012 focus vehicles equipped with the powershift/DPS6 transmission may experience a shudder/shake on start up or when slowing to a stop. This condition does not cause durability or reliably concerns and will deminish as the clutch breaks in. "IF CUSTOMERS COMPLAIN OF THIS ISSUE, PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REPAIR THE VEHICLE AND SHARE THIS SERVICE MESSAGE WITH THE CUSTOMER.

My question was, how long does this go on and when will it stop? No on could answer. Has anyone else felt this issue? I could not find any post on this prior to me putting this up. I stated I do not feel safe in the vehicle. The car at times when I pull out on the road feels just like it will stall out. After sending an email to the VP of the dealership, I was contacted by the service manager. He stated that he is working on getting an answer from Ford.. At the time of service there were 781 miles on my car. Today there are 1291 and still nothing has changed. I am awaiting a reply and will move forward if I don't like the answer.[bigcry]

Also, yesterday while driving, my shoe lace got caught on brake peddle. Has anyone else ever gotten stuck on the brake peddle? Just curious. It freaked me out.

See less See more
#806 ·
I've been a dedicated ford owner for the last 20 years and I'm struggling to find a ford vehicle that I want to buy. A few short months ago Ford commercials bragged about quality that can't beat, which they have since stopped advertising for obvious reasons. I was originally looking at the new explorers but have since changed my mind due to pricing, my ford touch issues, gas prices and lack of good incentives, Motor trends review didn't help either. Competitors are offering 0% for 60 months vs 36 for Ford in addition to a better power train warranty. I have since been looking at the Ford Focus which seems like a great car with the exception of the transmission issues. I have several friends I was able to get interested in the Focus. However, after doing further research and seeing all the transmission issues, I can't recommend the focus to my friends nor buy it myself. I wish Ford would have some solid answers or at least admit that there is an issue and that they are working on it instead of saying that its "normal". I will continue to read these posts and hopefully I get some good news from Ford that will convince me to by a Focus so I don't have to switch brands.

#818 ·
I bought my focus in aug and it was delivered in oct. I had a bit if a shudder but utbhas long since gone. I have said it befor the ford has done a terrible job of setting expectations vis-a-vis the transmission. As a result there are some thatthink they have a problem but don't, they are just impatient and in willing to wait it out. Also remember that the ones posting here with issues ate not the majority of focus owners but a subset of them. The problems are real but the are not across the board. Having a decent dealer is also a part of the equation.

#807 ·
Welcome, carshopping (I laughed out loud at your username! Brilliant!).

Early adopters always seem to iron-out the growing pains of new vehicles, no matter the brand.

The car is brilliant other than the obvious, you pointed-out.

I'm sure there are plenty of satisfied focus owners, as seen in the woo-hoo thread and other areas.

Those of us who have problems usually sound-off loud, and often, until resolution is at hand.

Drive a new Focus, and make-up your own mind! Don't let a few issues here and there keep you from testing this awesome chassis...

#808 ·
Agreed.

The internet is a REALLY poor place, if you focus (pardon the pun) on solely user sites.

Folks with problems are traditionally far more vocal (that's not bad) than satisfied customers. A person with a problem, real or perceived, heads straight to the internet to get information, seek others with similar problems and . . oh yes . . sometimes complain. Some of these complaints are accurate, many embellished. They nearly never provide an accurate sense of the true ownership experience.

I'm no more than a data point . . . I own a 2010 and a 2012 Focus and the experience has been very good.

Worst part, in my opinion, is the Ford dealer network. They have some serious issues. But, the car has been bulletproof.

#809 ·
So natasha. been a while and wanted to update you. My 2012 has been in two more times for a total of three. first to fix the problem. which roadside never came to get. after it died. The next two times to ''UPDATE" the tranny. tHE DEALER HAS BEEN GREATBoth times it when in after the initial. It never got any better. in fact the gas mileage has dropped off to 23-25 around town. Since most of my driving is around town i am not happy with the drop off. I do about 10 miles on the hwy in ther middle of this and still cant get it higher than 25.The car also has a horrible "flat spot" in the thrOTTLE. The tranny seems to upshift too quickly, especially in town. So when you do step on the gas. it gas no responce, then down shift atleast 2 gears jumps and races off. I am at the point where i am interested in persuing the lemon law. I dont know if it will go thru. ButI am very unhappy. ThIS is not the car I test drove or purchased.

#811 · (Edited)
Hi noemi
well the dealer is Ditschman ford. i VE BEEN WORKING WITH KEVIN GREEN. He has been very helpfull. BUT it still does not fix the fact that there is a major problem with the 2012 transmission on not just my vehicle.But a more than majority... . iVE BARLEY GOT 4850 MILES. I am not happy. and just so you know too. I reset the avg mpg and in town im now at 20.3 as an average. It went as low as 19.8!!!!!!! TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE

#814 ·
...I am not happy. and just so you know too. I reset the avg mpg and in town im now at 20.3 as an average. It went as low as 19.8!!!!!!! TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE
Hi bikerfuzz,

I should have specified to please send me the info via PM. Sorry about that. As soon as I receive the PM, I'll escalate your concern.

At the same time, it may be wise to remove the VIN from your post. [:)]

...>>>BTW- Bulletproof Focus? I'm almost scared to ask the story behind that comment. No worries. I've been shot 3 times, never in the Focus.:)
Morning CourtneyNYC,

WOW! Glad to have you on the forum safe and whole. [:)].

Take care!

Noemi

#812 ·
I hope your experience with Ditschman is better than mine was. I took my F-150 to them over in Flemington. Nothing terrible . . just really unimpressive.

20.3 is a bit low for city driving. I have been seeing roughly 23 driving in Manhattan and Staten Island. There's a lot of stop and go and my average speed for the drive to the office can be as low as 16mph, not the best for optimizing mileage.

When I drive from Staten Island to Westchester County (Goethals-NYTP-Palisades-Tapp) I get up to 38mph. I average about 150 miles per day and drive fairly conservatively.

>>>BTW- Bulletproof Focus? I'm almost scared to ask the story behind that comment.

No worries. I've been shot 3 times, never in the Focus.

:)

#813 ·
Well courtnry i guess the only reason they are treating me well is because I know the owner.LOL, But still. IVE been averaging 20-24 around staten island. Even with a trip to brooklyn twice a week. On the days just in staten island ive been down to 19- to 22. and when i go to jersey may be 30. It seems as if the tranny was designed to be on the hwy. Not in the city. especially at low speed. Thats obvious from the way it upshifts . Again not what i test drove and not what I would have bought knowing this..

#816 ·
Here's my story,

Two month ago I bought a 2012 Focus because I wanted a small and efficient little station wagon.I clearly explained to the salesman why I was buying the car and he told me how great and smooth the new transmission was,and pretty much the same sales pitch you see in the commercials.

The second I got home with the car,the first thing I did was to install the two children car seats and use the car for two weeks without any problems.On week 3,as I was driving thru an intersection and the car started to vibrate and almost stalled.Then I stopped at a red light ,put the car in neutral and rev the engine a little to see if the engine was fine and everything sounded ok.The light turned green and the car stalled and I nearly got rear ended.I started the car I drove off directly to the dealership only a 15 minutes drive away.
At the dealership I explained them what happened,and the first thing they said was "it's normal,the transmission is not broken in and it has to adapt to my driving style".I got pretty mad and ask them why this was not explained when I bought the car!If someone would have told me this ,first ,I wouldn't have bought it.And second,I never would have installed the child seats if the car could simply act weird and potentially get me in an accident.And then the salesman shows up with a dumb smile.I won't repeat what I told him ,but I basically called him a low-life.The discussion pretty much ended in the manager's office where they were telling me that the car was perfectly safe.My answer was:"Would you trust this car with the life of your kids?" and there was silence.I called my wife.She brought the second key for the car ,we removed the child seats and I signed off the car ownership telling them to send me the cheque once it's sold.If those salemen don't got a conscience ,well I do!I bought a 2010 mazda6 with a manual transmission.Last week I got a cheque from the dealership.It was a little more than I expected,but I still consider the experience a waste of time and money.
Some could say my reaction was a little harsh,but when it's about the safety of my family,money shouldn't be an issue.

Too bad I discovered this website after it was too late.

#819 ·
Focus transmission

Well after another 20 days my focus is back. This time they replaced the clutch and throwout bearing which I guess was leaking it drives the better than when I first bought it. Let's just see how long it last the first time they changed out the clutch I got 2K miles till it started acting up again.

#821 ·
Can't wait to hear how it works when you get it back. I spoke with a Ford customer service rep yesterday and she started with the "let it break in 2k miles after a reprogram". I let her know that I was dealing with a real problem and would get back with her when I learned how your fix worked out. She said she wasn't able to check this forum to capture the details of my issues. A bit disappointing to have to teach someone new all of the details, when again I'm not dealing with anyone with any technical knowledge. Give me direct access to an engineer and I would instantly gain recognition of the problem and feedback on possible causes and fixes. Then I'd be a happy focus owner.

#823 ·
They had to replace the clutch and the throw out bearing and got it back yesterday. when i took it in it would vibrate violantly at 40 MPH at about 1700 RPM. i drove about 50 miles last night and it running shifting really good. Good luck on getting yours back it took them 20 days to get the clutch in for me.

#824 ·
One of the most anoying thing from my Ford Focus experience,was that on the delivery day,the salesman spent almost half an hour explaining the bulletproof Ford warranty and 24hr roadside assistance.According to the saleman,both would cover for everything that could happen to the car,even if was my fault like running out of gas.The way he was talking,if I broke down , in less than 15 minutes I would get a tow truck and a rental car available to get me out of any situation.After reading this threads of people with some really serious problems,I didn't found many who got the V.I.P. treatment that dealerships are selling us with those cars.

"IT'S NORMAL" is not an answer!Mostly when Ford spends so much time blowing sunshine up our you know what.

Safety should not be an option when we drive around our loved one.If only a few cars are dangerous and problematic,please have the decency of taking them off the roads!And most of all ,don't make me lose half an hour of my life telling me things that you wont do once the car has problems.

Am I the only one who got that 30 min lecture on the warranty?

#825 ·
I just registered on the forums to pitch in since I just purchased a 2012 Ford Focus S Sedan last week with the 5 speed manual transmission. (I read about all the issues with the DCT and wanted to stay away from it. Besides once you learn to drive a manual who wants to go back! Am I right [headbang]

Already 300 miles in and I'm finding issues so my fun is just beginning. Hopefully this is just a few simple issues but in my experience once they start they don't stop.

So far my issues consist of the following.

1. Miss alignment of the front bumper/fender (Driver side gap is larger than the passenger side (not a big deal but annoying when its new.)
2. Passenger side power window motor seems weak and takes longer to lower or raise the window.
3. Faint rattle on the driver side from within the engine compartment when engine is running and sitting still. (Have to be outside the car to hear it.)
4. Leak in the hydraulic clutch/brake cylinder.(Found fluid on the container above the cylinder.)
5. A faint clunk when the car is moving when pressing the clutch in to go to the next gear. It didn't do this last week but with no tension on the motor meaning foot off the gas pedal then there is no clunk when pressing the clutch in.

First service appointment is this week but man. I bought a new car not to have these issues right off the bat. This sure does make me feel very disappointed with Ford at least with this car.

I don't want to bash Ford over all as I have never had problems with Ford in the past. At least not at the brand new stage as my previous Ford which is 25 years old now and it's still chugging away on its original motor. (Minus other odd bits being replaced due to age/worn out.)

Here to hoping for the best!

#828 ·
Would like to say that I'm surprised,but this is what "the New Ford" is all about.The cars are out of the assembly line ,are shipped at the dealerships,are washed and then delivered straight to the customers.This may work fine 95% of the times,but this also means that if a car had a problem,the customer is the one stuck with it.Yes Ford will fix it ,but not everyone can afford to lose a day or two of work to get their car fixed.This is one of the major reasons why people started to buy Japanese and Korean cars.They are pretty much the same price and sometimes even cheaper ,but before delivering the car ,they inspect it and do a good 10 miles road test.If the problems are minor,they are fixed ,major ones are sent back to the assembly lines or are simply disposed of.Most manufacturers charge pretty much the same for shipping and preparation of the car,but you are far from getting the same for your money.While other will do a complete inspection , Ford will simply pull the dipstick,check the lights and wash the car.

So seriously,what was the purpose of skipping on the bailout if the end result is to give " good enough" quality instead of excellent?

If I wanted good enough ,I would buy a Dodge knowing what I was getting myself into.

#826 ·
I know you guys are gonna bust my chops for not searching more thoroughly, but I'm kinda pressed for time...

I have a 2012 SE hatch.

Went out to start it this morning, and front wipers don't work. Rear wiper works fine.

I searched this forum and found posts about older focuses having this problem, but nothing on brand new cars.

I can't afford to drop it off for Ford to keep forever, cuz I use it for work.

Any ideas? Anybody else have this problem?

Any positive and helpful feedback is appreciated.

#827 ·
Don't recall seeing this problem before. This is a good kind of problem to have: something doesn't work, no subjectivity about how it should work, no "can't duplicate the problem" excuse. It could be a bad switch, a loose connection, a blown fuse, etc., but it should be an easy thing to fix. But I think you're toning to hav to bring it in to the dealer.

#866 ·
...So, I got the car back today.
Mike, the Service Manager at Courtesy Ford in Sanford, FL, told me they had to replace the negative battery cable.... Chad and Mike both said they had never seen anything like it before...Thankfully, my situation was covered under warranty...Mike took good care of me, and they gave me a rental car to use in the mean time...
Hello DurdySE,

Glad to hear of your great dealership experience. If you need assistance in the future, let me know.

I took my car in for the tsb on the steering and the headliner noise (have a sunroof) 3-16-11. They call today and say it's done and to bring the loaner car back...All of a sudden there is clunking and jerking and I am wondering if I can make it back home...UPDATE: My husband looked under the car and sadly it's not the exhaust...!
He thinks it is the transmission now. The car is not driveable and has to be towed to the dealer...
Installing the new update provided on the USB stick I have now encountered my second black screen of death...
I will now be replacing my PCM module for the second time... unbelievable....
I have had the same transmission issues as I have been reading about on here..I have 15,000 miles on my car and it still shudders when taking off. I guess you sort of get used to it, but it still feels like it is in a wrong gear....
Hey greeniii, cappa & mill123,

Allow me to escalate your concern to the Customer Service Manager. Shoot me a PM with the VIN, current mileage, personal and dealer contact info, and I'll begin the process.

My 2012 SEL hatchback now has a little over 7000 miles and has received its first oil change. Still no problems to report. T...Happy motoring!
JimsterG,

Sounds like your happy [driving] the Focus! Thanks for the great report.

...The title of this thread is "Issues with the new 2012 Focus". This thread is for people who are having problems to get help from Ford Customer Service, and other people who have dealt with those problems, or had those problems fixed by their dealer[:)]s....
Thank you whynotthinkwhynot; appreciate your help! [:)]

Take care everyone!

Noemi

#891 ·
Hello DurdySE,

Glad to hear of your great dealership experience. If you need assistance in the future, let me know...

...Take care everyone!

Noemi
Thank you for acknowledging my post, Noemi.

I have recently learned that there is a national recall for 2012 Focuses because of the issue that I posted about.

That is important information, which should have shared with the forum.

Please adhere to the standard, good-business practice of full-disclosure in the future.

Thank you for your commitment to customer service.

#831 ·
Hi all

Thought I'd report my experience.

2012 Focus SE 5spd hatch manual, purchased 1/2012, 3000 miles.

Issues:
- Extremely poor fuel economy (19 mpg city, 30 hwy)
- Knocking sound in front end when breaking, I can feel the knocks on the break and clutch pedal. Sounds like a loose part.
- The engine sounds like a diesel tractor on cold starts, then it gets smoother.
- Engine occasionally knocks when idle.
- iPod connection no longer works (I hear it needs to be rebooted by pulling a fuse)
- SYNC cannot index tracks if you have a certain number of songs (I have about 140 GB.)
- Sometimes I close the car and the radio stays on.

The good stuff:
- Handling is truly excellent for a $21k car
- Voice commands work surprisingly well; I drove an SEL rental last December that just could not understand me at all, but mine seems to work ok.
- Sport seats are excellent
- Fit and finish is pretty decent. There's a tiny rattle from the right side when listening to the radio, but nothing serious.

Other minor annoyances:
- Even with the doors locked, it is possible to open the door from the inside - my daughter did it accidentally while the car was in movement. The Honda I had previously did not allow that. There's a lock on the side door panel that can be twisted to permanently lock the door from the inside, but then the central locking system won't release the door and you have to open it from the outside.
- There are a few tough plastic edges around the console mount that gave me a callous on my right knee; the factory should put some rubber around the console mount.
- The rubber mat on the driver's side (winter package) is not affixed to anything and keeps sliding up under the pedals.
- When using the heated seats, every time I stop on a traffic light, the heat increases dramatically (I guess it's voltage variation from the alternator)

I'll take the car to service for the issues; I'll keep the forum posted on the progress.

#832 ·
That's a long list of things. The sound when cold is characteristic of direct injection engines, not indicative of a problem. The mileage seems low but could be caused by conditions/style. At a constant 65 on a level highway without strong winds, you should get into the high 30s - have you tried resetting the mpg meter to see if your car does this? I have had the radio stay on after exiting the car once, but it seemed to "heal".

#839 ·
Clutch? Transmission?

Having just discovered this forum, I haven't had time to read all the postings. So, if this has been covered previously, then I do apologize. Our Focus was purchased in Nov. Within a month, I experienced my 1st major incident. Taking a left turn, with oncoming traffic, the car started " bucking", more severe than a " shudder". When I got the car out of traffic, I had no reverse. I drove it straight to the dealership, where they ran the different codes, & came to the conclusion that my driving habits were at fault. Things were " normal" for 3 months, & then my husband experienced the exact same thing. This time, the car was towed to the dealership. They took good care of us, by giving us a loaner & then a rental. Their conclusion was that one of the clutches was staying partially engaged, so that clutch was replaced. Within 24 hours of having my car back, I had the same experience again, major " bucking" in D, and loss of reverse. I got the car home & parked it. Within 1/2 hour it had recovered. I took the vehicle back to the dealership, and this time, I was told that, after the new clutch was put on, my car had to " relearn itself". My heart is in my throat now, every time I leave home in my car. I try to avoid taking it on the highway, & I never leave home without my cell phone.

My question to others in this forum is, when your Focus acted up, did you ever completely lose your reverse gear? Any input would be very much appreciated.

By the way, my car now has 6600 kilometres on it.

#840 ·
Having just discovered this forum, I haven't had time to read all the postings. So, if this has been covered previously, then I do apologize. Our Focus was purchased in Nov. Within a month, I experienced my 1st major incident. Taking a left turn, with oncoming traffic, the car started " bucking", more severe than a " shudder". When I got the car out of traffic, I had no reverse. I drove it straight to the dealership, where they ran the different codes, & came to the conclusion that my driving habits were at fault. Things were " normal" for 3 months, & then my husband experienced the exact same thing. This time, the car was towed to the dealership. They took good care of us, by giving us a loaner & then a rental. Their conclusion was that one of the clutches was staying partially engaged, so that clutch was replaced. Within 24 hours of having my car back, I had the same experience again, major " bucking" in D, and loss of reverse. I got the car home & parked it. Within 1/2 hour it had recovered. I took the vehicle back to the dealership, and this time, I was told that, after the new clutch was put on, my car had to " relearn itself". My heart is in my throat now, every time I leave home in my car. I try to avoid taking it on the highway, & I never leave home without my cell phone.

My question to others in this forum is, when your Focus acted up, did you ever completely lose your reverse gear? Any input would be very much appreciated.

By the way, my car now has 6600 kilometres on it.
Hi Plymouth,

Welcome to the forum.If you look around this place you'll notice many threads about transmission problems and several hundreds of posts with stories similar to yours.You'll probably get a message from Noemi or some other Ford online rep asking for your VIN and some personnal info.It's your choice to give the info or not but you won't get anything more from them that what you got at the dealership.They will tell you that it's normal and engineers at Ford are working hard to correct all problems.They will also tell you they understand your frustration and some other BS.I don't want to scare you ,but some have waited months to get their car fixed and are still not satisfied.If you want some friendly advice,if your car start to work decently ,try to get rid of it while you can.

Good luck to you.

#843 · (Edited)
Nice input,

I'm pretty sure that the several hundreds of people who didn't had the sale luck will really appreciate.Your car doesn't have much mileage yet.If I were you ,I would wait a little before coming on this thread and gloat.Some people lost a lot because of some major problems with this car.You should keep this in mind.

#847 ·
I took my car in for the tsb on the steering and the headliner noise (have a sunroof) 3-16-11. They call today and say it's done and to bring the loaner car back. I take a quick drive to make sure there is no more squeaking from the headliner. I also noticed the steering is a lot stiffer but didn't have enough time to check on the hwy for the wandering issue since they were closing in 20 mins. I drove maybe 10 miles tonight and all of a sudden it sounds like my car is from the fast and furious movie!!!!!!!!! The exhaust is soooooo loud and deep growling. All of a sudden there is clunking and jerking and I am wondering if I can make it back home. Thanks Barreth Ford!!!! My car was NEVER doing that when I brought it in!!!! Enjoy your weekend while I am without a car until Monday when I am going to try and drive it back over there. Oh yeah, just 5000 miles on my car and it's a POS now! THANKS FOR NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UPDATE: My husband looked under the car and sadly it's not the exhaust. Barreth Ford have done much more serious damage to my car!!

#848 ·
Installing the new update provided on the USB stick I have now encountered my second black screen of death.

On the step it said your black screen will last up to two minutes and this step will last up to 20 minutes. I waited 30+ minutes and it was just black..... now system does not turn on at all... what a mess and looks like I will be making a 4th trip to the dealer....... smh...

#849 · (Edited)
My 2012 SEL hatchback now has a little over 7000 miles and has received its first oil change. Still no problems to report. The PowerShift tranny works great and I have experienced no problems. In fact I like to go through the gears myself in 'sport' mode when driving in the mountains and dealing with severe uphill/downhill stretches of road. I do I lot of driving and there are a few features worth mentioning that you don't really appreciate until you have had the car for awhile. Features like the gear display in the driver's side display when manually selecting gears, the built-in blind spot mirrors, the intermittent speed selection for the rear wiper, the extra wiper cycle after washing the front or back window, great four wheel disc brakes and excellent high beams when driving on twisty mountain roads at night. I have never had a car that has such a well lit interior at night. Even if it did not have ambient lighting I like the way absolutely every button or switch lights up in the dark and the dome lights are very bright when a door is opened. Add the ambient lighting with its selectable colors and brightness and you almost hate to see the sun come up! Other handy things that I like are the dual trip meters with fuel info, the USB port for playing flash drives filled with music, the back seat bottoms that fold forward allowing the rear seatbacks to fold down to provide a flat floor. I keep the 60% side folded flat and the smaller section upright all the time now because I carry a lot of stuff. For a smaller car this Focus has some great passing power on uphill stretches. If the auto tranny is in 'drive' it will kick down in to 4th gear and really take off better than any small car I have had driven before on the same roads. Yet my average gas mileage is always in the 35/36 mpg range. I can only imagine that if I took a long drive using nothing but highway speeds on interstates it would be even higher which nowadays is a great thing. My driving is about 60/40 city/highway. The only option on my SEL is the moonroof and I will never have another car without one. And on this moonroof is the one touch 'vent' position which is convenient. And a Ford feature that is found on many of their products; the capless fuel tank. The first couple times I bought gas I had the feeling that I was forgetting something but of course I was not. And I like the advanced automatic climate controls on this model, the extra turn signals in the outside mirrors, the built-in garage door opener and SYNC features, although this car has the standard SEL interface and not the full blown touchscreen system. I was able to pair my phone and train the garage door opener buttons in the driver's visor in less than 30 minutes and they always work. The seats are very good and are just as comfortable after a six hour non-stop run as when you first got in. And I would be remiss if I did not mention the excellent handling and quiet ride. Those were the main 2 things that made me decide on the Focus after narrowing my original choices down to the Focus, Mazda 3 and Hyundai Elantra touring model. In the life of a car 7000 miles is really not that much, but it is a good feeling that this car has not needed any warranty work at all. Happy motoring!

#852 ·
My 2012 SEL hatchback now has a little over 7000 miles and has received its first oil change. Still no problems to report...
Hi JimsterG,

Not sure why you thought it was a good idea to post this on this thread.We know that not all 2012 Focus are lemons.But several hundreds of people are living pretty bad situations with their cars.Gloating about your good experience on a thread were people are trying to make ends meet with a car that Ford can't repair properly, is not a very sensitive thing to do.Ford made a good PR disaster by pretty much blaming the customers for their problems.Coming here to show a more positive side will only throw fuel on the fire.
There are plenty of threads where you can post these kind of comments.

Be more careful next time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.