Focus Fanatics Forum banner

02' Focus SPI Build

9K views 101 replies 21 participants last post by  djwrg04 
#1 ·
So i see everyone else starting these things so i figured it start one of my own.

Feel free to post your pics and stuff you have done to your car. Feel free to ask questions and just chat.

I drive a 02 blue SPI focus. I'm just starting mods although i have already done a couple before i found this site. I am currently in the process of painting my vent inserts so we will see how that turns out. I'm hoping to get feedback and give it back to you as best i can. [ffrocks]

#5 ·
Hello and welcome! Since you have an SPI, I would focus more on visual mods than performance. If you want your engine to breath better, K&N drop in filter in an SVT intake and a nice cat-back exhaust will set you on the right track. I'd steer clear of painting the interior, it gets bad rep and makes your interior look tacky. Just my $.02!

#16 ·
lol that's dirty

OK I love my sedan... miss that it doesn't run but If you say I can I'd love to post stuff I did to it :D

I painted my interior black as well. looks great and is durable for the most part. key notes of wear are the door handles and the armrest. had to paint them a few times. highly suggest clear coating.

just gonna come out and say it... I have something for the spi you should buy [hihi]

#17 ·
Once you clean up the wiring in the trunk and possibly relocate your amp, then your trunk will look good. I like the fact that you used black on your interior, it looks good, but as sixshooter said, it will wear off, especially on your armrest unless your missing an arm. The last car that I had, i painted a LOT of things on the interior and exterior, it looked good for a while(i painted the interior black, it was brown on a MX3) it wore off real quick on the areas that you are always touching... Something to keep in mind.

So I am a pic whore, you said it's ok to post pics so here ya go!

Since you have an SPI, I would def look into a rebuilt head, that doesnt have the valve seat issue before you go any further, then prolly source some Euro parts... Not a bad start, looks good[thumb]

#21 ·
#25 ·
well I have a feeling its not going anywhere for awhile lol.

hmm engine mods. one thing I would do is put a cone filter on the end of your intake instead of the box. Won't make any intake noise like the zetec does though. other than that its really exhaust and a tune.... and preventative maintenance.

working in the parts business has told me one thing... www.rockauto.com has it cheaper about 80% of the time and has it REALLY cheap about half the time. lol. plus I collect their magnets.

#31 ·
I hope you have some eibachs if your rocking that sticker.... and DC sports? That's a rice company for Honda's.... I would remove the stickers. Doesn't even seem like your cars lowered at all so why even have an eibach sticker ? I usually don't criticize on here often, but I would take the stickers off. Hell the DC one is like having a flow master sticker on a Camry. Wtf dude!

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.