Focus Fanatics Forum banner

HELP with xcal3 error message 1019

6K views 29 replies 8 participants last post by  1turbofocus 
#1 ·
I got a new xcal3 from Tom, he sent me a file wich I succesfully loaded to the device but when I try to load it to the car it shows this message "1019 unlock ecm failed" then I press select and shows other message saying it wasn't able to return to stock an then another one saying no tune written, I've called sct and they told me to remove all the following fuses #46 and #61 and radio fuse on passenger compartment and the fuel pump fuse in the engine compartment and nothing has worked, I've tried different things, I also disconnected the battery for a while to reset the ecu and nothing has worked. Has anyone has deal with this before?

#3 ·
This happened to me and by messing around with the position of the ignition switch I finally got it to work.

#5 ·
I got it to work, actually one wire that comes out of the back of the obd port connector was broken, I soldered it back together and it began to write the tune, the problem now is that when I try to write back the stock file it crashed, and now it doesn't let me go back to stock it freezes at 4% writing the stock file, sct already formatted the device and they even sent me a recovery stock file but it doesn't works, still the same, so my last option is to go to a dealer and get it reflashed, I'll let you guys know how this story ends.

#6 ·
Posted via FF Mobile That's exactly the same thing that happened to me when I was loading my tune.

When I called and talked to Sct about it, they told me it was a firmware issue and they were having trouble with it on the 07's.
Trying to load the tune and the firmware issue wiped my ecu clean and all that was showing up on my odometer were ----- in place of the mileage. I had to have it towed to the dealer get it reflashed so it would crank. then had to send the flasher

back to sct to have it reset. Then got it back loaded Tom's tune and as soon as you plug it in the port and it asked for you to turn the key on but do not start the engine. The key needs to already be in the on position. that was what it took to get my tune loaded.

#7 ·
Same story but they told me to get it reflashed back to stock to the dealer and then try again to put it back to stock with the xcal, but it did the exact same thing and now my car shows again only dashes on the odometer. I'm really frustrated with this, the car is my dd so this is really bad.

#8 ·
I'm excited to see what happens when you get your livewire, hope it fixes it.

I started another thread in here not to long ago stating the exact same problem with my ecu being wiped clean and showing dashes and it needing to be bench flashed. But like I talked about to you earlier I'm also in need of a reliable solution, and soon.

#10 ·
I got a new xcal3 from Tom, he sent me a file wich I succesfully loaded to the device but when I try to load it to the car it shows this message "1019 unlock ecm failed" then I press select and shows other message saying it wasn't able to return to stock an then another one saying no tune written,
ok...this is exactly whats happening with me but, i dont have any frayed or broken wires coming from the obd port. tried a variety of things such a keeping the radio off and pulling fuses but no luck. updated the firmware on the xcal as well. im stumped.[scratch]

#12 ·
It shows dashes, I had to send my ecu with the xcal to sct to have it reflashed

#15 ·
Rla1, did you got your xcal to work?

#16 ·
Nope. Mine is RLA1 too. I'm trying to look for a pattern to see if they're only failing on the 1's and not the 6's. When I got my ecu and xcal back, the first tune I tried to load wiped my ecu clean again. I heard what's coming your way so I'll wait and see if that works. Besides I just discovered my turbo seals are blown out so I have to deal with that first.

#17 ·
I'll let you know, the livewire is supposed to arrive thursday, so far my ecu is reflashed, are you saying the xcal wiped your ecu for the second time?

#19 ·
Yup wiped it totally clean the day I got it back from SCT when they bench flashed it for me. Won't take the stock tune again. I tried for hours with a battery charger on it and many multiple combinations of fuses being pulled including 21 and 11, both are ABS fuses in the engine bay.

#23 ·
Today, it worked, it loaded the tune flawlessly, I'm sending the xcal back to sct and keeping the livewire, the livewire is now a must to all of us who have an svt, at least until sct decides to fix the issues with the xcal. Tom has been very helpful through this process, I got the car running today with his help and even got to send him two datalogs. It's dissapointing to see a company like sct to just give up in supporting their products, if they say the xcal works in the svt they should support that, or they should let you know their xcal doesn't work with it anymore, they made me spend around $200 more than expected in dealership charges, towing expenses and shipping, not to mention I wasn't able to drive it for almost a month thanks to them.

#24 ·
This is amazing news!! I feel like many months of being frustrated and being let down are lifted off my shoulders. I can't wait to try this. Thanks for the update.

#25 ·
yes, I know, the tune started loading right away it kind of slowed down at 4% all the way to 34% but it loads tunes without a problem, I have load three different tunes now with no problems.

#27 ·
Yes, no problems at all, I have loaded 9 different tunes and done around 7 datalogs without a problem.

#29 ·
I had this same code issue when I tried to read a MIL code. I also had some driveability issue with the trans after the install of the tune. Do you guys all have 5/6 speeds? My auto just had to be rebuilt and it had only 75k miles on it and shifted perfect before the tune. And it wasn't solenoids in my trans. Just wondering if anyone else is having issue with sct tunes in the 07s with an auto trans.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.