Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Finally got a focus!

2K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  |Heath_Bar| 
#1 ·
It's about time I got to this car. I'm only 17 years old and I'm on my 3rd vehicle. I first started out with a 2003 Mustang GT, but made a stupid decision that proved I was a wreckless teenager. I then went to a Custom S10 Xtreme that was fun until I dropped $1200 into repairs before any kind of modifications could be made. It was also lowered 4/5" and had terrible ride quality, wasnt comfortable, and extremely weak on performance. I have now arrived to my Focus. It's and mk1.5 ST Liquid Grey with the SAP. I have already fallen in love with this car. The color is not an exact match, but it's really close to the Mustang I had. I must say ride quality and performance in this Focus is astonishing. There are a few things to fix, but nothing preventing me from driving it. I look forward to being an Focus Fanatic!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Congrats on the purchase, and welcome to the site! [thumb]

I for one love that style Focus, but I dont seem to see many of them, must just be good at hiding!

Have any plans of future mods?

#3 ·
At first repair the a/c and for some reason the steering wheel controls (cruise control and horn) are disconnected so I'm gonna take a look at those next week. But currently I'm ready to mod with subwoofers until I can get a performance fund going for exhaust and intake.

#4 ·
Oohhh SAP's are the best! [thumb] lower her a bit, cold air intake, and you're off to a great start. I love mine so much! You got any questions about the car, let me know. My friends and I build mine from the frame up. Literally. I've also got just about every N/A mod you can do outside the engine.

Also, check out your regional forum too to get in on some local focus events! not sure how many there are out your way, but there's a good number of 'em up here!

#5 ·
Ill take you up on that. Getting started next week so expect some messages from me! Thanks!

#6 ·
Cruise control and horn should be something relatively easy. Loose connector maybe? May have to open up the steering column to find out, but it shouln't be anything crazy. If it were just the cruise control, or just the horn, it would be a bit different.

Can't help ya out with the A/C... we decided not to put mine back in the car lol. Too many pressure fittings. And I live in Seattle anyway. Not like we need A/C up here haha

#8 ·
I figured that considering both are inoperable. As for A/C I have a friend that's pretty good in A/C work so I should have that taken care. It's almost necessary down in the SouthEast though. I was sweating in the drive-thru with all the windows down and A/C on max! With that said the fall months are coming up so I'll more than likely have the windows down anyways.

Nice!!!! Another st :)
Yes!

#18 ·
Quite a lot versus what I used to drive. I love taking speed bumps in this car! haha[neener] I no longer have to crawl through, well, everywhere here haha.

Attachments

#20 ·
A few exterior mods including wheels and a drop. Slight performance modification like exhaust and intake, but my biggest goal is to dip the whole car white pearl. Cant wait to get started!! [bash]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.