Focus Fanatics Forum banner

mirror suggestions for me...input appreciated

3K views 25 replies 7 participants last post by  sam fisher 
#1 ·
currently the car has the stock black mirrors , im wanting somthing that looks a little better than that .

iv seen a few on ebay that look alright
1.http://www.ebay.com/itm/00-06-FORD-FOCUS-K6-SIDE-WING-POWER-MIRRORS-LED-BLUE-ARROW-SIGNAL-LEFT-RIGHT-/271088969740?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2006%7CModel%3AFocus&hash=item3f1e29680c&vxp=mtr

2.http://www.ebay.com/itm/00-06-FORD-FOCUS-FOLDABLE-SIDE-SPORT-MIRRORS-LED-YELLOW-ARROW-SIGNAL-LEFT-RIGHT-/281005281883?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2006%7CModel%3AFocus&hash=item416d38525b&vxp=mtr

i like the look of the second ones more i think , anyone on here have either one of these???? or are they crap .
im not tottaly informed on the fitment of mk1 mirrors either , can svt mirrors fit mine? which ones will fit ? a big plus would be a part number or a link for color matched st mirrors or something of that sort.

#2 ·
The first pair looks better in my opinion. Gotta check that you won't get a ticket for a blue light facing forward on a vehicle. Especially since it would be flashing (when turning). Some states are sticklers on the no red or blue lights facing forward on a nonemergency vehicle.

#7 ·
With the SVT one's I hear you get the heated mirrors part too. Everytime I see a pair for sale I don't have the cash for them, but I WILL have them one day.

#8 ·
well thats the best possible situation , i hoped they would fit . are st mirrors any good? or is svt the way to go , mine are heated and powered now but id happily give that up for even unpowered unheated ones as long as i could match em to my color . the finish on these just wont allow that u know

#9 ·
ST and SVT share the same mirrors. Since you already have heat and power they should be plug and play.

If you have the patience you can sand them smooth and paint them, I've seen it done on other types of cars. I did it with a regular Focus door handle and you can't tell that it was ever texutred.

#12 ·
I sanded and painted my OEM mirror caps with rusteoleim perfect match, they have lasted over a year now, with no chips. You cannot even tell they were ever textured. Another member here painted her state flag on her OEM non-SVT mirror caps as well. I don't see why anybody has a problem with doing this. Just took a few coats of primer and a little sanding in between coats - not that hard

#14 ·
Any auto parts store carries it, look for the paint code on your door, it should be a 2 letter code and just match it up to the rattle cans. Yes I sanded after I applied plastic primer going from a 400 all the way to 1000 grit. Sand between coats and keep stepping up the sandpaper to a finer grit each time. Clear it in the same manner, but use1500 grit between coats of clear, followed by a rubbing compound and wax a week later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#19 ·
If it were me I'd sand it first. Sanding will help the paint stick, and clean off anything that might cause a blemish in the paint.

#25 ·
There are 3 clips, 2 on the top and 1 on the bottom closest to the car, that one is a pain. You can move the mirror around to see where everything is, and use a flashlight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.