Focus Fanatics Forum banner

05-07 Console in 00-04 with Stick?

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  rambleon84 
#1 ·
Just wondering if anyone's ever done this and if there is any advantage. The cupholders are weak and don't have enough clearance with the dash for large drinks on the passenger side.

#4 ·
I lucked out and found a 02-05 "EDM" console, it has the best compromise. It holds normal sized drinks like a glove,the 32oz will still lean in the front, but they fit in the rear holder without fear of spillage.

Apparently the designers didn't actually test the dash clearance for drinks, that's only thing I really hate about these cars.

#6 ·
lol, only way a powerade bottle is fitting in our cupholders is if the lid is on tight and you stick it in there upside down [hihi]

I do not like the armrest version, it gets in the way when driving stick..might be a personal preference for me. If you are going to swap, the SVT's have a second power source on console otherwise they are pretty much the same.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.