Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Nightly Boredom thread for the Night Stalking TX Crowd

5M views 42K replies 179 participants last post by  71shadow 
#1 ·
Ok instead of texting and what not lets do this the free way. So high guys [welcome] lets chit chat [wiggle]

#22,006 ·
Yeah, won't be spending any money on the car or anything else until the 2nd half of September. Gotta use the extra money after regular bills from my next 5 checks to take care of some stuff :( At least by then I get my bonus so I will have some extra money starting then :)

#22,008 ·
Yeah, I already have my agx suspension(new strut mounts here by Thursday). Already have my front/rear swaybars and Massive front endlinks.

Just can't buy anything NEW until mid September(Tires will be my first purchase then). Mostly all the little things like paint and materials to make a temp spray booth to paint my euro rear. More upholstery vinyl and the glue to work on my interior. No vinyl wrap for the roof etc, etc, etc..........

Will know more on Monday.

#22,009 ·
so when i was getting my cv joint boot replaced, i noticed that my front tires are both worn down like crazy. my alignment mustve gotten knocked off when i did rally cross or something. i used to have cooper zeon a/s tires, but i cant seem to find them anymore so i assume theyre discontinued. so any suggestions on tires from yall? i think i want to stick to a/s since when i get my saturdays back i plan on rallycrossing more

#22,012 ·
can't wait for saturday... looking forward to hanging out with some focus peeps.. haven't had mine in my driveway in over a month and a half. [sadpanda]

#22,013 ·
Got the SVT back up and driving around. Had to take the spindle to the machine shop since the ABS sensor bolt broke off. I tried drilling it out but just ended up breaking every drill bit just about. Said screw it and took and had them mess with it. They had to grind it a little but got the bolt out. I also had them clean all the threads and bolts since I was having a helluva time putting the bolts in and out (had to remove the hub a few times due to problems I ran into with the sensor and forgetting to put the dust shield on once lol). So I got that all together on Tuesday and then yesterday took the SVT for an alignment..twice. The steering wheel was crooked so I have them try to fix it. It's still off more than I like but it's straight enough for now. Haven't really gotten to flog it too much but it feels good so far. Raymond and I are going to change the timing belt on Sunday so I don't have to worry about it busting on me and leaving me stranded half way from Texas. Then it should be ready for the 'fest.

#22,020 ·
Well all car projects requiring the purchase of additional materials will be on hold indefinitely :( :(. Projects that can be completed with materials I already have will be able to be worked on :).

Had an unpleasant situation with some old stuff pop up that caught me by surprise big time. Can't get into details but its way worse than i thought so I gotta use most my extra money for the next 4-5 months to hopefully get things squared away. Will probably be a homebody to also cut expenses.

So after this Saturdays meet you guys probably won't see me for awhile.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.