Focus Fanatics Forum banner

The mod I've always wanted

4K views 34 replies 25 participants last post by  YellowJellyBean 
#1 ·
Pretty much since I've had my car (~2.5 years) I've wanted to get black headlights. Well, it finally happened, and I'm glad I did. Next up, black side markers.

Colonel at le Vineyard by Focus Dave, on Flickr

See less See more
#4 ·
I didn't want to deal with that, so I bought these Ebay headlights secondhand off of a forum member. I definitely see the value in painting stockers, though, since the quality of clips/fittings/etc. is a lot better on OEM housings.

#9 ·
Damn. It's been a while since I've seen this car.

I recommend black wheels. Or at least Gunmetal. Silver looks off with the black/yellow theme.

Sent from my Man Cannon via FF Mobile
I used to have black Slip Streams until I had a cracked spoke. I'm buying time until I have enough saved up to buy something cool. Also, they're white [wiggle]

I love how the RS bumper instantly makes any Foci look really happy. Nice car!
Yep, and I even ditched the SAP front to get it.

Now u need black wheels
See my above comment :p

#10 ·
looks nice..
yeah, black wheels would set it off even more (but you already have plans)

keep it up..

#11 ·
That body kit is the slickest I've seen! I'm in love.

I have a yellow ZX3. I'm about to tint my tail lights, and side markers. When ever I get my income tax I'm going to order me the HID complete retrofit morimoto H1. Going to paint the housings black, and the projector shroud yellow plus the XBLED angel eyes, and LED strip.

#24 ·
Yeah, I think I know someone with some white BBS RS wheels that will only cost me an arm and leg :p

I've recently been turned on to Team Dynamics Imolas.

Looking awesome as usual! Definitely Lamin-X the headlights, they will never haze if you do. I can't wait to see this car with an awesome set of wheels!
Got a source for 05-07 Lamin-X? FSWerks doesn't sell them.

welp, those turned out great [thumb]
I owe it all to you [werd]

Looks good! I don't see a need for black wheels though. A slightly-darker-than-stock paintjob, perhaps; but everyone does black wheels these days.

You're dying for some seventeens though!
I do like black wheels, though a dark grey like gunmetal would be cool. I definitely want 17s, if not 18s.

#25 ·
Does that take regular side markers? Looks like it does.

My ebay specials also peeled but after talking to disciplerocks at a meet he said just let them peel then polish after and you will never know the difference. He did the same to his.

#30 ·
They will look great on your car... My one suggestion is to seal them better, run a bead of anything across the back seam where the clear lens meets black plastic. Mine fogged up and taking them off, drying and resealing them was annoying:

You make me really want to get some darker headlights now, my headlights just look like they are glowing lol You should be able to get a better idea of how they will look on a car...the ebay pictures dont really help

I really want to crack them open, paint and then retrofit some projectors/hids in there. Think I'm going to make that my spring project.

#35 ·
Yeah, that's what the 5 years of school for a high-paying engineering job is for.

Looks good in yellow. Maybe needs more drop, another inch at least.
I really want to go lower, but I scrape on so much stuff as it is. The F2 bumper sits so low to the ground. Maybe if I move somewhere new and find routes that have no dips or steep driveways, I'll do it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.