Focus Fanatics Forum banner

How do you like +2012 MK3 Ford Focus Design?

• Love it! It looks amazing.

Votes: 619 58.2%
  • I think Ford did a decent job.

Votes: 301 28.3%
  • I think Ford could have done better.

Votes: 101 9.5%
  • Hate it! It looks terrible.

Votes: 43 4.0%

How do you like Next Generation Ford Focus Design?

98K views 259 replies 203 participants last post by  felixthecat 
#1 ·
#81 ·
It looks pretty good. Saw two of them on I-94 in Jackson County on Sunday. A 4 door and a 5 door hatch. The hatch does look pretty sleek. Not to mention it's got a adjustable air dam in the front that closes when you hit highway speeds to improve aerodynamics:)

#92 ·
I think it's an improvement over the current model, for sure. I just hope that they put some performance behind it like they are in Europe! We need some more influence to tackle the ricers!

#93 ·
I love the design but I resent that to get a stick I either have to buy the base or the ST. For that reason I'm most likely going to abandon ship and buy a Kia Forte Koup and sell my beloved SVT. I was going to wait for a new Focus but I don't want the base or the ST. I'd buy a Fusion but I'm in the same boat there too. As a global company Ford should realize that there are some people who don't want either an econo box or a hot rod but do want to shift gears.

#96 ·
Completely agree, except that I'll reserve judgement on the new ST until I drive one. Nice car, crappy marketing! I thought the US and Euro versions were supposed to be the same (except for crash-worthyness and emission standards). Have we been lied to, again?

#94 ·
Like the 2012 style. It's the main reason I just ordered one. It will be my first Focus. I do bleed Ford Blue when cut. A life time owner of Fords. My first new Ford was a 71 2000cc Pinto Hatchback 4speed that I autocrossed back in my younger days.

#95 ·
It's okay. But personally, I'm not a big fan of the design. What I love about the first generation Focus was that it was edgy and futuristic. The new 2012 model is okay (nothing too offensive), but it's not edgy enough except for the front grill.

Personally, I wish the new Focus looked like this:

#104 ·
I think the world car is a huge mistake. Ford should have kept a different model for america. but hell, what are we gonna do about it? nothing can be done. Ford sucks for only keeping the FSVT for 02-04 and not keeping it alive all these years. I know the Focus ST was around but that was a sedan and was weak compared to the FSVT and didnt look that cool at all.

#103 ·
i like it on paper but they are BIG for a focus so i dont like them at all for me i would love to see them the same size as my 03 in a coupe and a 2 door hatch as of right now the only two door car ford has is a mustang

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.