Votes: 22 11.3%

Shelby Focus ST: Win or Fail?

41K views 168 replies 84 participants last post by  skeets 
#1 ·
See less See more
#3 ·
Honestly, I see it as a bit of both.

Win:
-The (coming soon) carbon fiber hood, and the hood vents on the standard piece. Very nice.
-It does have a nice selection of performance parts; brakes, suspension, wheels/tires, etc. The suspension is the pre-existing Ford Racing collection though...this should provide options for other ST/Mk3 owners though.

Undecided:
-The seats. I like the colour-matched accents but they're the recovered ST1/Sport seats, and not the higher-end Recaros.
-Exahust: I like the fact they upgraded, but I miss the standard ST's tips.
-The price. You certainly get exclusivity, and lots of parts, but it's still steep. I know that wheels, brakes, exhausts, and the like can get very expensive for quality parts but with the premium they want, to get one of those in my area you'd be looking at $50,000.

Fail:
-The hydrocarbon accents. Really Shelby? Yes carbon fiber is expensive but don't fake it like this. Honestly if they're replace all of these with real CF that'd help the overall impression of the car massively, in my books.
-The badge in the interior. It just looks like an afterthought, shoved in place. That bugs me.

#4 ·
Personally not a fan of black wheels, or vinyl. The seats are a bit of a visual disappointment to me, but taste is subjective. I wouldn't expect ST seats to look more laterally supportive than seats in a Shelby product. Having said that, since the ST Recaros are so uncomfortable to me, the Shelby seats may feel great! They just don't look great. Again, IMO.

I'd be interested to see what, if anything different they did with the guages. Shelby insignia, perhaps, or different color / increments?

#5 ·
I'm okay with the looks and accents, but for $15k extra I expect a LOT more than what is shown. A LOT more.
Disappointed in the brakes.
Disappointed in the seats.

For $15k you can do a LOT of work to an existing Focus.

#6 ·
Fail-

No real performance done.. No game changing suspension.. Not real carbon.. I rather have a fully loaded ST.

#9 ·
I want to take my "win" vote back now that I see its a 15k option. F that noise.

#11 ·
Fail! [thumbd]

I predict the closing of Shelby American within 10 years of Carrol Shelby's death. These guys have no game. The Super Snake gets overwhelmed by cars that cost tens of thousands less, and have hundreds less hp. The Focus ST Shelby has stick-on carbon fiber ricer fakeness. They might as well start selling "Shelby" stickers on ebay so anybody can put one on their Honda.

#13 ·
Looks good. Ruffly $30,000 grand for the ST and you want to add $10,000 or so for stickers, some minor body kit changes and some stiching on the interior seats. You have got to be kidding. What a joke!
For less about $4000 I can put a Turbo on my 2010 Focus and pretty much walk that thing all over the place.
How about FORD and SVT put there money into designing a GEN 3 Lightning. Short bed, Standard cab with either a Super Charger or Turbo'ed 6.2 L. I need a GEN 3 Lightning to go with my GEN 1 & 2 Lightnings.

Bryan

#17 ·
I don't see how this could even be considered a win.

Like I have already said. Carroll would be very disappointed.

#22 ·
Im going to be honest it just seems like something that shouldnt of been done. The fact that its more loks than any performance bothers me. Now idk if its just me but did anybody notice that the word shelby is going around so fast but yet there is no cobra on it???

#24 ·
My SVT puts down more power and it cost less than $15,000 to do the modifications. Plus it's two doors and looks better to boot. This is a fail for sure. Im sorry but the ST is expensive as is and $15k more, I expect 350+ to the wheels and it to look different than it does here. The carbon just doesnt do it for me. for $45k, id rather get a Boss 302 Mustang!

#27 ·
This is a fail for sure. Im sorry but the ST is expensive as is and $15k more, I expect 350+ to the wheels and it to look different than it does here. The carbon just doesnt do it for me. for $45k, id rather get a Boss 302 Mustang!
yup...completely agree with this! for 45k, id be looking at a 302. this is a total fail for me. no bump in hp for a shelby badged vehicle? wow....

oh...and those seats are hideous! dont like those at all.

#29 ·
So full of fail it's embarrassing. Best (or worst part) part was the "starting at $14 995..."
So conceivably it could be optioned out even more than the $15K add on.
The Shelby name has gone seriously downhill-the only thing missing is a Shelby "signature" on the dash.

#33 ·
As pointed out by some already on this forum - the sad part is that with that crap they released it's possible Shelby f..ked us all... because now Ford will probably look how we don't want to pay extra $15k for stickers + poor appearance package and think "oh well, RS wouldn't sell in US" [facepalm]

Dear Ford - how about try another $15k package , but one that is $20 in stickers and $14,980 in engine work and performance mods. I know the feedback will be much different from our community.

I was really waiting on that Shelby since yesterday, hoping it would be worth spending money on. But how it turned out. I'd pick ST3 over that Shelby even if they were the same price.

#34 ·
As pointed out by some already on this forum - the sad part is that with that crap they released it's possible Shelby f..ked us all... because now Ford will probably look how we don't want to pay extra $15k for stickers + poor appearance package and think "oh well, RS wouldn't sell in US" [facepalm]

Dear Ford - how about try another $15k package , but one that is $20 in stickers and $14,980 in engine work and performance mods. I know the feedback will be much different from our community.

I was really waiting on that Shelby since yesterday, hoping it would be worth spending money on. But how it turned out. I'd pick ST3 over that Shelby even if they were the same price.
I'll second that. Big let down.

Ford, I will buy an RS if it gets released in the US. I will not buy a tape stripe special.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.