Focus Fanatics Forum banner

off season

3K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  pkolator 
#1 ·
just wanted to toss up a thread seeing what projects you guys are working on this "off season?"

as much as i want to prep for a street tire class, i feel running h-stock will help me as a driver. so i'm going to run HS this upcoming season.

i need to refresh the suspension on my svt, so per stock rules i was thinking about running koni yellows matched with the svt springs.

how bout ya'll?? [driving]

#5 ·
my hatch= bigger turbo, 3" custom exhaust, sparco steering wheel,poly or solid motor mounts...depending whats available. front splitter, rear wing.
wifes wagon(Twerpie1)= camber plates, FI (turbo or supercharger depends on whats for sale at tax time) , poly mounts, harness bar , corbeau race seat,
that's all i can think of right now.
Happy building everyone!!! can't wait for the new season.[race]

#6 ·
My biggest off season work should be in updating my build thread...

My goals to get done before next season:
-Tear down suspension and regrease all the poly bushings
-Order and install a limited slip, I swear it will eventually happen
-New clutch and flywheel install, might as well if dropping the transmission

#10 ·
wow all these mods are making me not want to run hs..
keep em coming guys!

i should really look into getting a harness.. i slide around so much in the car.
i even have the seat up when in race mode.
do any of you guys have a harness? if so could you maybe post some pictures? maybe some of the mounting spots?

#11 ·
Buy the 02 SVT I have been looking at tomorrow or later this week.

Order all my parts for H-Stock. Build the car up this winter.

Tear it up in the SouthEast all next year. CCR, HSCC, SCR, TSCC, NASA, etc . . .

Win Rookie of the year and take home a trophy in H-Stock at the 2011 SCCA Solo Nationals!!!

[grinking]

#15 ·
i put a harness in my car with stock seats... makes a world of difference!!!

it does the job for autox but is not safe for street use, but i still have the stock seatbelt...

ill have to take pics...

its just a $25 ebay 4 point harness, 3 point would have been better but i didnt want to sink the money into it... the lap belt has clip on attachments that i clipped to the stock belt mounting point on by the door and on the seat frame by the console... and then i found a nice little hole that fit the bolt perfectly under the rear seat and just bolted both straps into the same hole and tightened it down... and the shoulder straps just feed through the bar in my head rest... i leave it in and it doesnt bother me when i dd...

ill take pics..

#20 ·
you know my project... and it's funny, because Ryan used to own one like mine but the 2 door MX6. I gotta find out what he did to his and if he raced it [thumb]

#23 ·
I want to get a more "curb friendly" downpipe made and match the exhaust to it, 3". Also, put in the 22mm FSB I've had laying around for over a year, move the battery to the trunk (its way too packed under the hood), front lower ball joints, and install some proper catch cans for the valve cover and PCV.

And if all goes well, cut and flare the front fenders. I need a bigger contact patch up front [deviltail]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.