Focus Fanatics Forum banner

SYNC Update Available on Focus!!!

157K views 734 replies 111 participants last post by  oritpro 
#1 · (Edited)
SYNC MFT V3.2.2 Update Available on Focus!!!

I had nothing better to do this morning so I checked SMR. It's showing the update is available![headbang]

DA5T-14D544-AH Version Gen2 - V3.2.2

--------------Update 1---------------

The update took 37 minutes. Did a master reset and fuse pull prior to the install. Climate works fine. I'm having a rather odd issue - the system crashes every time I click "Rearview Camera Setting". A master reset and fuse pull didn't help. I'll just let the car sit overnight. If it doesn't fix itself, I'm taking it to the dealer [dunno]

--------------Update 2---------------

Took my car to the dealership yesterday and they couldn't re-flash the software after 6 tries. They were told by Ford that the update on SMR was corrupted. They finally fixed it by taking the MFT unit (APIM?) out and forced the update.

#62 · (Edited)
I did the update with a master reset and delayed reboot. Still no climate. :(

However, I did remember the climate control box was superseded on Ford parts a while ago. For those that have working climate, can you turn on rear defrost with voice commands? I have never been able to do this.

Actually, I think I'm having issues using voice controls with climate as well.

EDIT: Sweet Jesus. Superseded:

7/21/2011
8/26/2011
3/19/2012
7/23/2012 (current)

My build date was May 2011.

#66 ·
More things I learned this morning about this defunct update. I NO LONGER have any voice controls for the climate system. Sync does not recognize anything having to do with climate.

I also attempted on numerous occasions to "comfirm" my update on the syncmyride.com site, all of which failed....and of course I am using the same USB drive I used to complete the install...thank you Ford.

I am about to start my own website called sinkmyride.com where I drive my car into the river....right about now I think that is what would give me some satisfaction.

I can not believe they would release an update like this. I can understand a bug or two but this is half the system that is not working here!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 pages of post here and not one person from Ford has chimed in...[mad][mad][mad][mad]

#67 ·
I NO LONGER have any voice controls for the climate system. Sync does not recognize anything having to do with climate.
Samesies. I'm sure it all traces back to the same issue with a simple fix, we just don't know how long it'll take until Ford finds out / fixes it.

"This isn't some minute detail, Michael!"

#68 ·
I downloaded the update but hesitate to move forward with the install. Has anyone with a 12/11 build date or later had success with retaining the AC in the quad 4 home screen?

Having the outside temp back would be nice but damn, I don't want to lose the MFT AC feature. That would just bug me.

Also since there hasn't been a single TSB that my car hasn't needed. I pretty much am tired of taking my car back and forth to the dealer so I know the routine here. I"ll update and sure enough. Lose the AC part.

The biggest disappointment is that my Iphone with IOS6 still can't use MFT for sending/receiving Txt messages. A limitation that IOS5 did not support BT MAP but now it does and guess what!. STILL CAN"T USE IT! [mad]

#70 ·
As far I know, they would be the same thing but "3.2" could include future (small) updates if, for example, a V3.2.3 is ever released. Neither 3.2.0 nor 3.2.1 were released to the public (we are upgrading from 3.0.2).

#77 ·
Mine works

Mine works, but it only displays the temperature, does not display what mode it is on, I can control it by voice commands though.

I have Navigation also, my build date is around Oct-Nov of 2011.

One thing I noticed with Navigation beside it being a little more responsive, is that now I can set my contact address as a destination, earlier I used to get error every time I tried that.

#78 ·
I am pretty sure mine looks like that first picture you posted. I will have to look when I leave for lunch. Did it show something different before the update???

#87 ·
"Before it is released to the public, the MyFord Touch upgrade will begin a month-long, "real world" beta test this week among 1,000 Ford employees driving company lease vehicles.

Ford said the beta test is "part of a new, innovative approach to ensure a high-quality launch of the improved system." The company said employees involved in the test will provide "real-world feedback, helping us polish the final product before it goes to our customers."

They supposedly beta tested the last (v3) update. I'm going with legally blind (or, even worse, that update was Ford's idea of a polished final product).

#89 ·
The only thing(s) that I could think of is that it

A) Works with some (probably the newer) models but they didn't do any testing to see if the system was backwards compatible. (Which could be due to hardware or software issues?)

or

B) The 3.2.2 install they tried was a clean install/image and we're missing something in the service pack.

There's always option C) Legally blind. But I'm just hoping that's not the case here.

#92 ·
I copied these down from the SMR website before I went through with the update:

MFT 3.0.2
BT4T-14D546-AN
BT4T-14D546-AP
BT4T-14D546-ED
BT4T-14D546-FA
BT4T-14D546-GA
SYNC compatible software
BT4T-14F496-AS
SYNC compatible software
BT4T-14F497-AP
SYNC compatible software
BT4T-14F603-AN
BT4T-14F603-AP
DA5T-14D546-AF
DA5T-14D546-HA
SYNC compatible software
SYNC compatible software
SYNC compatible software
SYNC compatible software
SYNC compatible software
DA5T-14F497-AF
DA5T-14F657-AG

After the update, the only new one is: DA5T-14D546-AC

Is this what everyone else has? Won't newer cars have a shorter list (e.g. no 2.11 update)? Perhaps I just have to get my whole system re-flashed at the dealership. *sigh*

#94 ·
Yeah it looks like taking it to the dealer might be your only option. You would think Ford would get sick of the bills from all these software issues!

#96 ·
For those of you that did install the 3.2 software between the dates of September 7th and 10th, please be advised that it was released prematurely, but we don’t anticipate there being any issues with the software. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our In-Vehicle Technology team at 800-392-3673 (option 1 then 3) for additional assistance.
Someone is going to get a phone call... :p

#105 ·
here's my list. car was built in june 2012.

Sync VersionGen2 - V3.2.2

Confirmed installations

BT4T-14D546-ED
BT4T-14D546-FA
DA5T-14D546-AC
DA5T-14D546-AF
DA5T-14D546-HA
SYNC compatible software
SYNC compatible software
SYNC compatible software
SYNC compatible software
SYNC compatible software
DA5T-14F496-AC
BT4T-14F497-AP
DA5T-14F497-AF
DA5T-14F657-AG

#107 ·
The MyFord Touch / MyLincoln Touch Software Release v3.2 will address the following conditions and provide all previous performance upgrade enhancements:

*Missing radio preset text
*Radio stays on key off after opening the door
*Voice recognition inoperative - pressing the push to talk button on the steering wheel does not initiate audio prompt "please say a command"; only Listening icon is displayed
*Sirius travel link fuel prices show as unsubscribed when it is subscribed"

Unfortunately, that is it!

#109 ·
What did I miss?

I'm at 3.0.2; not 3.1.1; now I'm going to 3.2.2?

Confirmed Installations
BT4T-14D546-AP
BT4T-14D546-ED
BT4T-14D546-FA
BT4T-14F496-AS
BT4T-14F497-AP
BT4T-14F603-AP
DA5T-14D546-AC
DA5T-14D546-AF
DA5T-14D546-HA
SYNC compatible software
SYNC compatible software
SYNC compatible software
SYNC compatible software
SYNC compatible software
SYNC compatible software
SYNC compatible software
SYNC compatible software
SYNC compatible software
SYNC compatible software
BT4T-14F497-AP
DA5T-14F497-AF
DA5T-14F657-AD
DA5T-14F657-AG

#111 ·
Did the update coming from 3.2.0, which was installed by the dealer.

• Driver/passenger temperatures no longer display in climate quadrant. All I see is a power button, which is functional, but never changes when pressed.
  • Touch screen climate controls work, but none of the indicator lights light up.
  • System seems to be having even more trouble recognizing my music USB dongle.
  • Street name disappeared from navigation quadrant, but we all know how to get that back again.
  • I didn't notice any increase in speed. In fact, entering my home address into the navigation screen was as clumsy and frustrating as ever.
  • The system indicated that the install was complete, but at the same time it showed that it was still installing file 4 of 4 during the last step. I had to shut the car off to clear that "installing" message.
  • SyncMyRide updated to reflect the new update.

I tried a master reset to fix the new issues, but it didn't help.

I do not recommend this update. Aside from the return of a couple of graphical tweaks, which I didn't really miss, it's another failure.

Maybe Ford is fixing the system in steps, but if that's the case they need to release a list of known bugs with each release. This is ridiculous.

Tune-in in six months for another MFT software "update".

#112 ·
Updated on the way to work, ended up late for a meeting cause I couldn't shut the car off in the parking lot. When they say a full hour they mean it!..
I didn't get stuck on the last part of the install "file 4 of 4". It did takes some time for 4 of 4 to complete though....I'd suggest just letting it sit until it completes.

Confirmed installations
BT4T-14D546-AP
BT4T-14D546-ED
BT4T-14D546-FA
BT4T-14F496-AS
BT4T-14F497-AP
DA5T-14D546-AC
DA5T-14D546-AF
DA5T-14D546-HA
SYNC compatible software
SYNC compatible software
SYNC compatible software
SYNC compatible software
SYNC compatible software
SYNC compatible software
SYNC compatible software
SYNC compatible software
SYNC compatible software
SYNC compatible software
BT4T-14F497-AP
DA5T-14F497-AF
DA5T-14F657-AD
DA5T-14F657-AG

Yep the AC indicators are not showing up, although you can still tell the buttons are pressed when you look closly. I never understood why we need climate control on the touchscreen when we already have knobs and buttons below...

#113 ·
NEED APPLINK NOW!!!!

WTF are these Ford developers doing during their workdays? I'd be fired immediately if this was the "progress" I made over the course of a year! Toyota, Cadillac, even Kia (etc) is kicking your butt in terms of apps, because you don't have any!!!! Such opportunity and such FAIL thus far! Get it in gear already!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.