Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Group buy/pre-order: SE emblems for Mk3 ST grille

7K views 27 replies 11 participants last post by  Twenty 
#1 · (Edited)

As some may know, the Mk3 ST grille is designed to have an emblem fitted. This is great for STs but for those that swap the ST bumper to another model there is a problem. The only options were to either keep the incorrect ST emblem or remove it and leave a blank space showing.

I recently fitted an ST bumper to my car. As a temporary measure I made up a replacement emblem to show the proper trim level and was very happy with how it turned out. Others have shown interest so I am now currently working on a more OEM-looking piece to replace this. I have found a company that will 3D print some emblems but at the very least about 8 pieces will need to be ordered before the costs become reasonable for each unit.

They would be styled after the ST emblem but read SE instead. The design is more or less what is shown above, just updated slightly. Once printed I'd paint them and then send them out to buyers.

The finished product would be a 3D emblem just like the original ST piece, which features an 'E' in place of the 'T'. It would fit in place of the original and both sizes can be accounted for for those what want a matching set. There would be a smaller emblem for the grille and larger emblem for the rear of the car, just like an ST.

OEM grille emblems cost just over $50 each (Canadian) and I would be able to get these made and finished for others, for $65 each (small or large). If one wants a pair of emblems (one small for the front and one large for the rear) the price would be $115.

They would be printed by another company but I am handling the pre-order and final production through my blog, ThreeTwenty.

1) Company / Seller Name
ThreeTwenty / Bill

2) Company / Seller Address
Calgary Alberta Canada

3) Company / Seller Phone & Email
officialthreetwenty at gmail.com

4) Start Group Buy Date
June 17th 2014

5) Ending Group Buy Date
August 1st 2014

6) Minimum Member Participation
8 individual emblems spoken for.

7) Retail or Sale Price
N/A. Made just for this order

8) Group Buy Pricing
$65 each or $115 for one each front and rear (Canadian). Postage extra.

9) Any Related Product Images
Please see above. Rendering of the 3D printed emblems and photos of the updated prototype to come.

ORDERED:
1. Twenty - 1x Front & 1x Rear
2. Sonic_HedgeHog - 1x Front

See less See more
#4 ·
I will do, thank you! With the time that will be needed for production of these I'm hoping enough orders can be made fairly soon, so that we can get these before summer is over. [:)]

#3 ·
I may be jumping in on this!! Still working with insurance to hopefully get the ST front!

#9 ·
Yup!

These will be going into production (hopefully) soon but you can put your name down now and reserve some for yourself.

#10 ·
These are moving ahead into production, so if anyone wants to reserve some from the first run now's the time!

#12 ·
I'm hoping that before too long these will be back for final testing and then they'll be up for sale. I'm excited!

#14 ·
They're coming out this month. It has been one thing after another pushing them back but they'll be ready. [like]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.