Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2012 Ford Focus Euro Headlamp Availability

147K views 398 replies 136 participants last post by  jinstall 
#1 ·
I am curious how many people would purchase Fords Euro LED/HID headlamps for their 2012 Focus.
We have not had any confirmation from a Ford Engineer in regards to their compatibility, but they appear to be about the same.

*If they were available, that is one of the first things that I would do!

#123 ·
You can install all 2012 focuses. But there is some tricks. I done that before.
- For example, my car already has wiring. No need any hardware modification. Just activated DRL's from IDS.
- My collegues has not wiring for DRL's. We prepared them. We used 2 relays for each headlight. There is no headlight bulb faulty message on screen.

When we tried to use same wiring on my neighbours car, it was not worked. His car has any cabling. Just like US spec focus. We used only one relay (for each headlight) on him car.

For US spec cars, you should have to use relay. First of all you should have to cut low beam cable. We will supply that from our relay. If you are from Canada, or you were already activated halogen DRL's (which is sharing same low bema bulb) please first of all disable that.

If you connected same as last one;
In engine running condution;
- When low beam switch is on, xenon + parking lamp will be up.
- When parking lamps on, xenon + parking lamp will be up.
- When all lamps off, DRL will be on.

engine was stopped;
When parking lamps on from switch, only parking lamps will be active.

All of them same as OEM. Dont forget, Parking lamps and low beams always running together. But, focus not controlling parking lamp current. ;)

#127 ·
#129 ·
I know the ones but these are not meaning to be them just alternative DRL's

#139 ·
Love the looks of that, i would love to see those mods on a sedan though
[thumb][thumb][thumb]

#151 ·
I apologize if this has been covered, but if you go to fordparts.com there is a parts listing for what looks like the headlamp units from the Focus Electric, which should obviously work on a non electric Focus.

Headlight Assembly
High Intensity Discharge Headlamp ; BEV Version; RH Call Select a dealer for prices & availability *
Add To Cart
View
Image 13008

Headlight Assembly
High Intensity Discharge Headlamp ; BEV Version; LH Call Select a dealer for prices & availability *

#153 ·
Just joined today. FF seems like one of the better Ford Focus forums on the Internet.

I don't know if this is legit, but one of the Ford reps told me that the EcoBoost 1.6 will be available in SE and SEL trim in Canada for '13 and the bi-xenon projectors (no mention of the LED eyebrows) on Titanium models (likely as an option) for 2013. He didn't mention LED tail lamps at all.

The Ford Focus and the Mazda3 are the only two options for my next car. Here is hoping Ford expands the option list for 2013 or 2014 (new model usually equates limited options? This is my guess...)

#154 ·
I'm not sure that the rep knows what they are talking about, from what I've seen/ heard the SEL is likely going away for 2013 if anything, although a 1.6L EcoBoost is a possibility for 2014 (I'm not sure they have enough capacity especially if the engine is coming from Valencia Spain to roll it out to the Focus as well as the already announced Fusion and Escape.)

#165 ·
Make sure you write down the VIN from a eurospec veh. They look up parts by VIN. Also, hook up with a military service member, they can get a VAT form for you and take off the 19% tax they charge which is already included in the price.

#167 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.