Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Nightly Boredom thread for the Night Stalking TX Crowd

5M views 42K replies 179 participants last post by  71shadow 
#1 ·
Ok instead of texting and what not lets do this the free way. So high guys [welcome] lets chit chat [wiggle]

#20,201 ·
Yea, I was thinking about doing that myself ... but I want the more aggressive Race inserts.

If they don't have those, then I will have no choice but to buy the one with the Race insert already in the mount.

Ray

#20,202 ·
energy suspension full poly inserts aren't race enough for ya??
[poke]

i do kinda miss my cfm race mount though..

#20,203 ·
so we just received an email from the Title company...
looks like we are starting the process to close on the house!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i'm gonna be broke as hell... like can't even afford Ramen broke through the end of the year...
then i will be freeing up 600 a month more.. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#20,209 ·
I'm not even gonna lie.. I have no idea what these poly mounts are...or what they do lol. I have no idea what I'm doing.
I wish cars were less confusing.
Poly mounts are engine mounts with polyurethane as the dampening material instead of the softer, more forgiving rubber in the stock mounts.

Thus, the poly restrict the movement of the engine, harnessing it better to be transferred to the tires. A Solomon byproduct is increased vibrations due to the stiffness of the poly

#20,213 ·
Poly mounts are engine mounts with polyurethane as the dampening material instead of the softer, more forgiving rubber in the stock mounts.

Thus, the poly restrict the movement of the engine, harnessing it better to be transferred to the tires. A Solomon byproduct is increased vibrations due to the stiffness of the poly
Okay in simple terms, it gives more direct route of sorts from engine to tires?

#20,214 ·
Yeah. When you rev the engine, it rocks some. Well with polys, the engine doesn't move... Like at all.

#20,216 ·
New... 400ish

Cfm sells a complete package. You could maybe get a used set for around 250 in the bst

#20,220 ·
I wouldn't get that kinda stuff used. Is it just really worth the money?
For a DD, maybe not. For a track car, yeah.
I have daily driven mine for a couple years. I don't mine the vibrations.

If you are just dd'ing your car, and don't want it to rattle, I would just do the dogbone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.