Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Getting bass out of the trunk, into the car

3K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  02Zetechse 
#1 ·
Would cutting a hole in the area behind the rear passenger headrests, below the rear window that will provide direct airflow from the trunk (with a sub) allow more good bass sound to enter the cabin?

The hole would be 10" diameter and covered with breathable black fabric and a low profile subwoofer grill.

Got the idea from people leaving the seats down to let sound out, but That won't cut it for me. Let me know if you think this is a good idea or not.

Thanks!

#3 ·
um do a ported sub box with a 6" pvc "aero port " going through the center of the rear deck , flush mounted Finish it off with fiber glassing the rear deck carpet to contour the ports flare .

i reccoment against this but its your car . you could also try sub facing up port facing forward with your seat down . it acts like a poor 6th order bandpass box .

or just eliminate your trunk like i did ... not that big of a sacrifice

#10 ·
#11 ·
Then use a large Precision Port through the parcel shelf and forward fire the subs to the cabin. You can fold down the seats when you want to go full out.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=268-354

But, IMO 02zetechse has priceless advice and knows his game.

Butt kisser lol , but on a serious note, Teknique, center up the port when you do it . Putting the port one side or another will make it louder on the opposite front seat. So if you want all listeners to have a equal amount of base make sure to center it up . You will have to figure in the port length and port diameter to get the proper port tuning .

Basically it comes down to this ... your rear deck is at a set height , as is your enclosure . the only option to adjust "tuning" is to adjust the ports diameter , more diameter higher tuning ,opposite with less . All while the ports length stays stationary

Any time an enclosure is vented into a cabin, you will have a audible gain in output . Seats up is a sealed box inside a sealed box ... muffles the majority of output . now when the seat is down , it acts as another vented chamber .

hope I didnt get to technical for everyone

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.