Focus Fanatics Forum banner

07 Focus Cold Air Intake System

10K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  WSkobra 
#1 ·
Whats up peps, I am putting the K&N cold air intake system on my 07 2.0L, any thoughts or concerns???? Hope I bought the correct system, I no there is a few out there, I figured I couldnt go wrong w/K&N...

#3 ·
Moved to Duratec Performance Chat. Ford Focus Technical Chat is for discussions pertaining to maintenance, recalls, and vehicle repairs. This is the proper forum for discussions about performance modification to your engine.

I have one of those K&N's, and I have problems with lean codes. I think it might be related to something else, so we'll see what happens when I do some other maintenance I'm overlooking.

#6 ·
Thank you,

Most people are afraid of heat soak because of the way its positioned . But I've never had any problems out of it and I've had it on a couple of months after I bought the car.

#7 ·
I understand heat soak. same on out mustangs. Car engine bays are much cooler now than long ago.lol. My 91 saleen got around 110/120 after sitting for 45min. so driving i know cooler do to air flow. If it is a factor then all a person would have to do is add 6/8 more iches to put filter in fender. It would be up high, right behind light. Not down low like mine. I know mine picks up hot air from the road way. Closer to road more heat to get. I learn that with the pony to.

#9 ·
@ focusedslayer....what sizes are the piping on that? your setup is the same as what im wanting to do. in fact your car is the same as mine except i have an 06. im wanting to that exact setup. i jus want to make sure i grab the right sensor seeing as there are two sensors. lol

#10 ·
Posted via FF Mobile I went to K&N's website then filled out the make,model and year and it gave that Typhoon intake and I think 1 other option for the intake that fits close to the ground.

#15 ·
Posted via FF Mobile The maf sensor is closest to the filter and I'm not real sure about the wire your talking about.
With the K&N Typhoon I have, everything is almost in the same place except for the hose hole on the bottom had to be plugged.

Get a picture of that wire your talking about so I can look on my engine and see if I have it.

'''''''''''''''

#16 ·
look at the picture you posted of your setup on this thread. the wire coming out of your intake there next to the clamp on your adapter. its the wire to the left of your maf sensor right there one your intake. like you have your manifold. your adapter (with the trans dipstick right in front of it) and that wire sitting right next to the adapter. hopefully thats enough description for you lol

#17 ·
Posted via FF Mobile I'm at work and my car is at home, but if its the black thing that looks like its going over my intake . Its the hoses that go to the valve on the firewall. Unless it maybe a ground wire when I added the Big 3 grounding wires to my alternator and chasis.

#18 ·
alright it must be the hose then. it kinda looks like it sticks in the top of your intake. and if following it back it looks like it goes back to the firewall. im assuming this is something important? what exactly is the purpose of that hose? (sorry kind of a silly question like i said this is my first time really messing with stuff under the hood.)

#23 ·
Hiccups

2007 2.0 Duratec ATX, Ive done the short ram by using the stock MAF tube with a filter on the end, and positioned on the left inner fender well. I have had No codes, but I have noticed the engine sounds as if it hiccups now. Did it do this with the stock system and I just couldnt hear it due to the Resonator. What could it be ?

#25 ·
Well news update on my car. My car is no longer an auto. I have completed and was successful on swapping a standard transmission into my car with no check engine lights or any other issues. I will soon be getting rid of my focus sport intake and replacing it with a Cobb Sri from a 1st gen Mazda 3. Got a couple repairs I need to take care of then my car will be off to anaheim to fswerks to get it dyno tuned.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.