Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Hall or MAG

3K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  1turbofocus 
#1 ·
Hi, Im looking for help from somebody.
I have a 2010 ford focus ses which i am turboing. I want to run a piggyback F/IC on it. When I called AEM to ask them what F/IC I need they asked me whether my car was hall or mag. Im not really sure what hall or mag means, I think it has to do with the cam sensor. Does anybody know whether a 2010 ford focus is hall or mag? or does anyone know what F/IC i should get?
thanks

#12 ·
Map is much more consistant then maf, but most standalones you can run either one, or both or multiple of both.

Map shows volumetric efficency of a engine, maf does not. You can also get knock sensors on most of the standalones under "6500" now. Sometimes you can run a ford knock sensor, some you have to run the standalones brand of knock sensor.

I'm not sure why aem is labeling this as a piggyback, if I recall it replaces the entire ecu.

#14 ·
Not sure where you get MAP is more consistant , most standalone with MAP it works of hugh Vac spikes from MAP drops , or off the TPS which has nothing to do with the amount of fuel thats needed , I just looked at Haltech , Pectel , AEM , MBE which are a few of the most popular and none offer a knock sensor unless you go to there rece or pro kits which are VERY costly
To each there own , if a standalone is your thing its your money and do as you chose , people understimate the stock ECU and how powerfull they are and going to a standalone will make you no more power or TQ then the stock ECU with a good tuner

You can get the SCT prp self tuner to do your own tuning for I think 795.00 you cant get any standlone for that

Tom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.