Focus Fanatics Forum banner

any and all tips for 2000 focus

3K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  mgs41987 
#1 ·
I'm brand spanking new to any car work and i would like to know any and all things i can do to my focus. its a 2000 sedan with the 4 cyl zetec. its automatic. now i want to convert it to a manual and would an svt engine swap be ideal? what can i do to this car to get oomph out of it. id like to get a little more power in the acceleration area and maybe keep the crazy turning radius or improve it somehow. like i said i barely know much about cars at all. if you can throw in prices too thatd be awesome.

#2 ·
Honestly I wouldn't bother putting in an svt engine. it will cost a buttload of money when you could instead just get a turbo. Also since you've never done car work before it would probably be out of your league though you would learn ALOT! Also get a drop. I suggest SVT dampers/shocks (~280$) and FRPP springs (~170$) I can't really help you with the conversion though I just bought a manual.

#9 ·
Plus adjustable cams gears tuned on a Dyno. I gained gobs of torque in the midrange.

#7 ·
I went with SVT suspension pkg (the one with assembled struts, rear springs & shocks), hear it"s just over $300 currently.

Used SVT wheels from the BST section here - actually ended up with a set from a member just a few miles from me!

Tires for the wheels - got performance summer ones, saved the old set for the winter. (wheels & tires)

handling is a good point on these, and relatively cheap to improve.

Cheers!

BTW - when you get to tuning, the trans. operation can be "tuned" as well... (see Turbo Tom - FocusPower in the tuning area)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.